ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
20412478580_4f34964ddf_z.jpg
Easington Beach - Sunderland by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

This small thumbnail here doesn't do your picture any good. I think it would "pop" when viewed bigger.
Was it a grey day? because I'm eager to see it in color :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
This small thumbnail here doesn't do your picture any good. I think it would "pop" when viewed bigger.
Was it a grey day? because I'm eager to see it in color :smile:

Alright, if you click on the picture it will take you to Flickr where it will show a bigger image. Yeah i took it in colour and it was majority blue sky but the little cloud just above and over the horizon. I used a CPL and a ND4 iirc, the colour isn't that spectacular that's why i converted to B&W

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one mark.
I went out last night. My sleep patern is all over the place since she's been in hospital. Managed a small timelapse of the Milky way over Devils Kitchen/ Cwm Idwal in Snowdonia. I have a few shots to edit later.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nice one mark.
I went out last night. My sleep patern is all over the place since she's been in hospital. Managed a small timelapse of the Milky way over Devils Kitchen/ Cwm Idwal in Snowdonia. I have a few shots to edit later.

I saw your new addition on Instagram, congratulations! :)

Skoda Fabia VRS
The very first photo I've taken and tweaked, that I'm a little proud of. A shame really as I hadn't shot in RAW mode when car spotting in London over the weekend. :(
20471175878_706147854f_c.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
20491006458_429ba65912_z.jpg
Burnt Field - Durham by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

took this while walking home after just finished taking pics of the sunset of the cathedral. I liked the burnt out bit and the track lines leading to the Cathedral and the sky was still lovely and not too dark too.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
20671761171_ee211a1348_z.jpg
Durham Cathedral Sunset by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

Took about 40 shots, different expsoures pretty much all short ones with the ND4 and without. Some vertcal with some branches and horiz without branches. Could get an awesome pic there but the branch on the very top is a bit of an eye soar not too sure if it will spoil the pic, hmm

Skoda Fabia VRS
20671761171_ee211a1348_z.jpg
Durham Cathedral Sunset by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

Took about 40 shots, different expsoures pretty much all short ones with the ND4 and without. Some vertcal with some branches and horiz without branches. Could get an awesome pic there but the branch on the very top is a bit of an eye soar not too sure if it will spoil the pic, hmm
That looks fantastic regarding the sky, wow!

Titanium 182
My nephew decided to steal the battery from my DSLR and take it home with him, didn't ever get around to buying a replacement but finally had it returned it! Took this one today after restoring my headlights, quite like it!

20169064113_a5ba44d0d5_b.jpg
DSC_0200 by Jacob Castle, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome. Be prepared, he will become your model/subject.

Train him early to love the camera ;)
Cheers mate. Already have the 550 set aside for him if I don't sell it. He'll have a camera before most things though.

More progress made today too. Looks like we might be going to stay at the hospital this week to get him feeding properly overnight before he can come home.

I've managed a photo a day so far. I want to get a 365 of him.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
like that, be canny to see it in B&W too. think it will be better in b&w. Nice comp

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
20661340610_482a1f466f_c.jpg
St Mary's Lighthouse - Whitley Bay by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
Would of like more clouds and a bit of water in the image but wrong conditions on the day plus it was an hour drive getting there. Had to get some pics anyway

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
20735668519_58a86f1538_b.jpg
Seven Sisters - Copt Hill by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
It wasn't the best tonight, very little colour coming through and the clouds just wasn't where i wanted them to be. Had to make do like, took another one i'll get that one up soon. Still don't know fully if my editing is right on my pics

I'm off to a Derwent Reservoir tonight for some star shots and hopefully get a good foreground interest too. We shall see. Going to be a really clear night

Reactions: C.J

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Moon is near enough full tonight @Geddes so be careful with your exposures if you are getting it in the frame. I usually Tey to shoot with it behind me as it will illuminate the foreground (location dependant of course)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm at penshaw momument now total clear sky. Try an few things here. There's a guy with a DSLR and there's a lot out there misserable f*****s and keep them to them selfs

I'll bear that in mind with the exposure Aaron.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's been a very very long time!

2 minutes from my front door and the sun I could not even look at but I managed to get 2 half decent ones. I liked them.

5d264bfb4179819ce8b6b254008e9591.jpg

db7875edd345f008be50b3d09079eacb.jpg