ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
20790051568_db02668f70_b.jpg
Harlepool Pier by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

I quit like this one, just cropped the top a bit

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nice that.
I'd try and get down again for sunrise one morning when it's high tide and calm, Would get good long exposures there and possibly the reflection like you have on a small patch of the water.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Nice that.
I'd try and get down again for sunrise one morning when it's high tide and calm, Would get good long exposures there and possibly the reflection like you have on a small patch of the water.

The trouble with that beach is the sand, it's like quick sand lol. It's a 30 mins drive to get there, Seaham is only about 15 mins drive. Would really like to do my first Sunrise, just need more practice on the exposure. I took 2 or 3 more good shots. I'll send you my RAW Aaron i doubled up the ND filter and not sure if it can be salvageable looks a horible file.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you have to be careful when doubling up. I've wasted 10 minutes on a 20 stop and it turned out black still. Never recovered anything from it.
Sunrise is pretty unpredictable so you just have to go out and take the gamble. I've been out loads and not got anything from it. Least if you have a decent foreground then you could get something.
I'll have a look at your RAW later

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
20953721106_3ae7065ed4_c.jpg
Underneath Hartlepool Pier by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

Here's another one. yeah i'm trying out how people can get some pics where there's no horizon and the background is just one colour like for eg Silver and the sky and water is just pure silk. Not sure if it's just a really long exposure or also if it's editing. As you said it's hit and miss, one day last week went some where and it wasn't overcast a lot of blue sky and clouds and there was no colour at all through the clouds

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
That's another nice one Mark.

You'll need a dull day where there's no definition between the horizon. Misty days work really well, or just grey days.

There was a classic car show local to me on Sunday, so I wondered around for a few hours.
~50 photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/vcjv/albums/72157657562948790
Old school style, for old school cars:
21044219962_4218c5c385_b.png
Classic Cars by CJ, on Flickr
21054190005_8b8f69eb08_b.jpg
21061857031_f155cbe205_b.jpg
21028003496_c176d6a6f3_b.jpg
21061859701_19fd320ef8_b.png
21028016006_80aea3d31e_b.jpg
20431609894_5d9f5ffbac_b.jpg
20826375700_0725970e12_b.jpg
20391849224_32f811af7a_b.png
20988474306_d1e9a649ae_b.jpg
20989037376_4fd6a7e2b7_b.jpg

2014 Focus Titanium
It's been a very very long time!

2 minutes from my front door and the sun I could not even look at but I managed to get 2 half decent ones. I liked them.

Gally I assume those are with no filters right? It's worth picking up a cheap graduated ND filter for shots like that as they really bring them to life, means the ground doesn't become so underexposed.

This was with a 10 stop ND Grad:
20496812668_ec28f09e55_b.jpg
Hessle Foreshore Sunset
by Alan D. Key, on Flickr

Gally I assume those are with no filters right? It's worth picking up a cheap graduated ND filter for shots like that as they really bring them to life, means the ground doesn't become so underexposed.
I assumed they were taken on a mobile :confused:

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
20399112533_36ef80b5c4_b.jpg
You forgot the Mango! by Joe Walker, on Flickr

Recent trip to Yorkshire wildlife park, not the best day as most of them looked half dead :/

For some reason, this photo has had ~700 views in 2 days. No idea why, only took it for my wife's Facebook page.

21096863365_7e6872c3f7_b.jpg
Handmade Bunting - Happy Birthday by CJ, on Flickr

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
For some reason, this photo has had ~700 views in 2 days. No idea why, only took it for my wife's Facebook page.

21096863365_7e6872c3f7_b.jpg
Handmade Bunting - Happy Birthday by CJ, on Flickr
My old boss from the car shop, his wife is into arts and crafts, and it's big business from what i'm hearing of him There's on about his wife and her family/friends on about running a shop in arts and crafts. Did you say you made that? looks well made, people may of sharing your link onto other websites and lie a domino efect. Well done though getting loads of views in a very short time. Something might come of it.

Reactions: C.J
My old boss from the car shop, his wife is into arts and crafts, and it's big business from what i'm hearing of him There's on about his wife and her family/friends on about running a shop in arts and crafts. Did you say you made that? looks well made, people may of sharing your link onto other websites and lie a domino efect. Well done though getting loads of views in a very short time. Something might come of it.
Yeh, my wife made it, she makes cushions/curtains/bunting etc in her spare time.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nice Matt. I've looked at free lensing recently. I've been trying to get ideas as me and the wife are shooting a wedding in December for a friend. I'm hoping the weather is decent but with some snow as it's at a castle.
Just need to practice some flash shots as the day light will be minimal.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Very nice Aaron, that would of been my Point Of View too. I took a sunset too tonight just 5 min drive up the road if that. Not that good foreground interest but see how they come out.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Nothing special and I used the wrong camera settings, but I saw this older couple and thought it was a lovely photo opportunity with the background. (Looe, Cornwall)
20656951524_6f659b99cf_c.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Great shot that Aaron, nice shutter speed and nice lines too.

Here's my first one to put up of the Isle of Skye 4 day trip. Tried to edit 2 before this one but lost interest lol. Tiredness is kicking in. It was gale force winds and horrible down poar with rain and my wellies got sunk 3/4 the way down getting to this position. It came out ok ish i think. Tried b&w but i think colour looks better
20846609383_55f78d42a9_z.jpg
Near Sligachan - Isle of Skye. by Mark Geddes, on Flickr