ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

172 and vw passat
Went out for my first lightpainting the other night. got bad shadows of the car so thats something i need to look out for next time

6928610245_b588f180f7_z.jpg

Clio 172 by Duncan_Williams, on Flickr

6926739567_085ff7181a_z.jpg

Clio 172 by Duncan_Williams, on Flickr

Clio 172
Quick snap waiting for my train in Cardiff Central. Had to take it about 5 times some fat bloke appeared every time I took a photo out of no where!
th_IMG_0116.jpg

Yes Pony shot is great as a square and that rainbow effect in the top left corner is nice and maybe something you could work on to extract in pp :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Took this yesterday whilst walking in Snowdonia. Had a ND8 on (cheap-ish Hoya one), f22, 1/4 sec, ISO 200 and hand held.
Converted to B&W in lightroom as the colours were a bit dull and couldn't make them 'pop' like I wanted.

6931188795_5a38e50b70_z.png

The river runs through it by A_Cro, on Flickr

Some great stuff on this page!
ipodsnguns - love the skater shot. Great angle.
Dan - great shots of the VX as always.
Scott - really like the re-edited version of the sunrise.

I have barely picked up the camera for ages! Got my new 10-22 lens coming tomorrow though so that should get me out of my rut :)

Qashcow
They're getting much better dan, the first ones that we took the other week one of them looked a bit too processed, the two on this page look much better I think.

Realllllllllly need to start using my camera, I struggle with enthusiasm a lot of the time.

Love the skater one, could the skater be brightened up maybe, to bring him out a little?

Dan, I want to have some shots on the bikes, something with airrrrr or some proper knee down burms

Dan that last shot is really cool!

Thanks

They're getting much better dan, the first ones that we took the other week one of them looked a bit too processed, the two on this page look much better I think.

Realllllllllly need to start using my camera, I struggle with enthusiasm a lot of the time.

Love the skater one, could the skater be brightened up maybe, to bring him out a little?

Dan, I want to have some shots on the bikes, something with airrrrr or some proper knee down burms

I'd love to do some MTB photography. I won't need my big lights, just an SB800 with remote (which I have), so I could potentially get some good stuff.

Know anywhere we could do it? The forest?

Qashcow
I saw an awesome photo from last months dirt magazine which I'd like to try replicate, although it was into a mine entrance lol. I want a canvas for the games room, of myself of course ;)

The forest, Redhill extreme and a few other places I have in mind. Also I'm going to try building something at the woods near my house for some fun

A_Cro thats a great cat shot!

Dan loving the last B&W shot, a lot easier on the eyes than the forest shots!

Ipod like the angle and compo of your skateboarder, whilst I wouldn't ordinarily recommend it try a selective colour shot, B&W everything bar the skater, bet it pops then!

Pint I think you need a closer crop on the bullet casings, maybe more directional lighting

Attachments

• cases (1 of 1).jpg
    cases (1 of 1).jpg
    321 KB · Views: 45
  RIP Dan
Scott, how about some action surf shots when you are up and riding. Tuck in to some close outs and get some in barrel shots?

Got a waterproof housing for my SLR but no winter suit so not trying it in the sea until May.

You should wear earplugs or you will end up deaf like me, surfers ear isn't fun, way too many cold winters in the water. I miss it though.