ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Disastra Coupe
Tried my hand at autumn shots...

8105891723_c62acae548_c.jpg

frontautumn by chippen172, on Flickr

8106924166_2e24b0bb46_c.jpg

froggy by chippen172, on Flickr

This, but only on the basis of catching the flames, I know the composition etc is horrible but the rest of the pics I shot that day were 100% junk lol

8116876184_0fd659a041_b.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Stunning London shots Brazo.

One from me, I don't like putting car snaps in here generally but it's the only time I've had the camera out recently.

8117442502_3f15859f94_c.jpg

Si - nice capture, makes a change from the generic panning shots at least! Bit of PP and it'll be reet.

White APE
Cheers Dan. Do you set the camera on a timer or start an exposure then get in place and spinning?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Here's a few from my recent trip to London. Didn't do much at night as we were pretty busy and the weather was pretty grim but got a few OK shots I think. Will be taking the tripod next time though and doing a lot more night stuff.

8135256488_ed72b026ab_z.png

Westminister long exposure 2 by A_Cro, on Flickr

8135280310_de8a713a35_z.png

The eye by A_Cro, on Flickr

8135401241_50a18a3b80_z.png

Escalation by A_Cro, on Flickr

8135332156_dd3f9b244e_z.png

Motion by A_Cro, on Flickr

Spent most of our last day at the zoo. Pretty good for some shots.

8135390711_bea8204987_z.png

Family by A_Cro, on Flickr

8135376793_e960cae388_z.png

Golden by A_Cro, on Flickr

Look over there by A_Cro, on Flickr

The rest can be found here http://www.flickr.com/photos/zipzooka/sets/72157631881341101/with/8135332156/

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys.
"Motion" was hand held and "escalation" is slightly off center but thats just more things to learn for next time. Hopefully will have a nicer lens too, just used the kit lens for this trip.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Good effort chip! How did you light it? One thing I tried and failed at was runnin a LED strip light aolng the car and follow the lines of the car. I will give it another go one day when I have the time.

Check this guy out his stuff is quite good -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nwvt/

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Good stuff Chippin! Reminds me of one I took of my old trophy a while back:

6785482101_ae0f508c3e_z.jpg

Yours is far more evenly lit though, good work.

Disastra Coupe
Good effort chip! How did you light it? One thing I tried and failed at was runnin a LED strip light aolng the car and follow the lines of the car. I will give it another go one day when I have the time.

Check this guy out his stuff is quite good -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nwvt/

I used a LED Lenser torch, i've forgot which model though so i'll check later! Kinda just played around with the focusing on it until i reached a point where it gave a nice spread of light across the whole car and then walked round with it. Think that was my problem in the past, the torch i used previously wouldn't cover the whole car in one so you ended up lighting it patchy!

Nice link on the Flickr account too! Some nice shots...

Good stuff Chippin! Reminds me of one I took of my old trophy a while back:

Yours is far more evenly lit though, good work.

Cheers dude... I remember you originally posting that. Looks good with the reflection! :)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Nick (I believe is NWVT) takes some great shots, friend of a friend by chance so I always keep an eye out for his shots when they pop up on flickr/FB.

Yea I have known Nick for quite a few years and helped with a few of his shoots. Great guy I met him up at ace cafe, he has got lighting painting pretty spot on with most of his shots.

Cracking shot mate and glad to here about the DA. We'll have to line up a few beers to celebrate! Also we'll have to go out shooting again soon, hell I may even pull my finger out and buy some new glass for the occasion lol

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Betler_pond.jpg

Taken 3 weeks ago, I think it's better than I posted in the autumn photo competition thread, it's not so closed. This small pond was really amazing IRL.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Both good shots there, Brazo & Yanoo.

Took this yesterday morning. 55-250, full zoom and moving pretty quick on a boat. Cropped a bit in LR so its not very sharp but I quite like the final result.

8147949137_87a2d44056_z.png

Flock by A_Cro, on Flickr

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
One from the South east Tempest rally at the weekend! Will post a thread up soon with more :)

8155462527_fce2557a1b_c.jpg