ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Great shot of the mouse!

Making the most of the xmas lights in the high street:

DSC0409web.jpg

Great shot Dan

@Cliotoby, mate its kind of an unwritten rule in people photography that you critique the photo rather than the model:)

Nice pics Cro, kudos for making the trip out!

I had a little play with my X100, with my Lee filters, as the adapter arrived the other day. With my Big Stopper, I have a 13 stop ND filter!!

This was only two minutes, I couldn't be bothered to do a 16 minute exposure!

DSCF0248-Editweb.jpg

Mental 172 Cup
8297894462_6d210d56d8_c.png

Got a 50mm 1.8 in the post this morning so decided to have a play around the house. Not sure if this is any good but I liked it, so I uploaded it..

Any C&C Welcome..

Luke

Not a 320d
what you lot think of fixed lens then?

Ive got a 30mm macro. Ive seen some of Evil giraffe's photos with 50mm fixed and they seem to come out well.

Fixed lenses rock! Partly why I got the fixed lens X100.
They make you think about the shot more as you can't 'cheat' and zoom in on details.
And they're normally faster if you get a good one so you can play about with super shallow depth of fields.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
what you lot think of fixed lens then?

Ive got a 30mm macro. Ive seen some of Evil giraffe's photos with 50mm fixed and they seem to come out well.

Primes to use the correct term (a fixed lens is more like Dan’s X100 where the lens cannot be removed) are generally better performers, due to the more simplistic designs. They’re usually sharper, and quicker to focus, plus the main attraction is the faster aperture, which as I’m sure you already know will get a more blurred background, or a shorter depth of field.

I’d highly recommend one, I have the Sigma 50mm F1.4 and it’s a stunning performer.

I might have my 50mm 1.4 for sale soon as I can't remember the last time I've used it! I always reach for my 85 1.4 if I want those types of shots.

172cup
Cheers for the comments about the mouse photo :D
Loving my 35mm (unsure weather to invest in a 50mm or is there not much point seeing as i have the 35?)

8299404637_7a217c2179_c.jpg

Not a 320d
Oh right coo. theres a 35 or 40mm Nikkor for about £150 i want. But unsure what to buy atm. Want a 100mm macro, a VR lens to replace both the 18-55 and 55-200 lenses i have and also a new camera.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Gave the new fisheye a test today while we where out on our annual xmas eve ride, getting very down and dirty in the mud riding some DH.

8304933108_881d0c601f_c.jpg