ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
North Wales, Gwynaesgor hill. TV antenna in the shot. Also some cool old bunkers there, will be taking the wire wool next time too. Oh, and lots of sheep poo!

So ages since I posted in here and I must say the quality of photos is really impressive.

Here's a photo I took last night in one of the new U-Bahn stations in Hamburg.

8626345865_98766c66c6_z.jpg

Ghost Train by Pauly_G, on Flickr

53 Clio's & counting
Please excuse the poor quality - taken with my phone and on photobucket lol.

Thought I'd stick these in here as I really like them.

First one was at the Mall at Cribbs Causeway in Bristol at Xmas time, and the 2nd was 7am one morning as I was leaving for work and saw these two planes

IMG-20121213-WA0006_zpsf99c1531.jpg

20121210_075503_zpsda999c06.jpg

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
Just one i took on my phone while i was at a rowing race yesterday. With added instagram border and a slight effect,
555999_10151557860255498_589264061_n.jpg

Attachments

• 555999_10151557860255498_589264061_n.jpg
    555999_10151557860255498_589264061_n.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 49

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Currently looking through my Dubai/Abu Dhabi pics and this one stood out:

8642409673_f331c87b01_z.jpg

I'll get a thread up tomorrow with a load in for those interested :)

Good thing about 24 meg for me is the amount of detail it renders with decent glass in my nightscapes and landscape pictures but I prefer to crop in post but your image does show the flexibility of the mega pixel race!

G51 BEN
WHO has drank all the milk????

Milk_zpscf477e30.png

Just put on Auto and snapped, I know the settings are all wrong but I took the pics as an experiment not for the quality of image.

Clio 1.2 16V
8652702119_9d66c3ab05_c.jpg
EmirK0, on Flickr

Not a great picture:(, was a b**ch to keep the camera steady even with a tripod, properly windy.

Slightly better from St Ives :p

8647160632_cc1660f206_c.jpg

EmirK0, on Flickr

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I shot these using James Bryan’s 5D Mark II and his new 135mm F2L, that lens is absolutely awesome, this photo doesn’t do the DoF justice either with it being shot from such a distance and with that background, anyway-

8656527664_55cd818e2f_z.jpg

Two 182s by Niall97, on Flickr

8655462229_410600f674_z.jpg

Clio 182 by Niall97, on Flickr

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I shot these using James Bryan’s 5D Mark II and his new 135mm F2L, that lens is absolutely awesome, this photo doesn’t do the DoF justice either with it being shot from such a distance and with that background, anyway-

Yeah, it's a nice lens. The focal length takes a bit of getting used to, but it's not a problem for me as I won't be shooting with it in tight spaces.

Careful of your focus points clarkey, it s a nice sharp lens but on the train shot the trains at the back are in focus and not your sons eyes or the trains he is playing with. Pic 2 of the orchids, nothing appears to be in focus. Pic 3 try to always put focus on the eyes, although again nothing seems in sharp focus, hope this helps mate :)

Inferno 225 cup
Careful of your focus points clarkey, it s a nice sharp lens but on the train shot the trains at the back are in focus and not your sons eyes or the trains he is playing with. Pic 2 of the orchids, nothing appears to be in focus. Pic 3 try to always put focus on the eyes, although again nothing seems in sharp focus, hope this helps mate :)

Cheers mate will have a play about a bit more :)

These were taken whilst having a play, what can I do to improve my shots??
a5a2e7e3.jpg

I was trying to focus on his eyes here but the little bugger kept moving.

And shots like this
uzerunu3.jpg

And is this flower one more in focus the the 1st one?
yhavygut.jpg

I do keep trying they just turn out s**t :( so will gladly take in board more comments:)

Last edited:
All of the 1st shot is blurry, could be handheld shutter speed or could be movement, do you use af-c ? Autofocus continuous mode, its difficult shooting kids, when i take pics of my niece a lot come out blurred because she runs!

Toy dog seems ok, orchid shot, something is in focus yes but you need to decide which element of the image you want in focus and I don't think what you've gone for works. Try stopping the lens down a bit say F2.8 so slightly more is in focus and then once you've got the hang of it you can open it up again.

Inferno 225 cup
All of the 1st shot is blurry, could be handheld shutter speed or could be movement, do you use af-c ? Autofocus continuous mode, its difficult shooting kids, when i take pics of my niece a lot come out blurred because she runs!

Toy dog seems ok, orchid shot, something is in focus yes but you need to decide which element of the image you want in focus and I don't think what you've gone for works. Try stopping the lens down a bit say F2.8 so slightly more is in focus and then once you've got the hang of it you can open it up again.

Cheers Brazo, will give it a try and report back, I was in manual focus.

I noticed that just my centre AF point is being used is this right? Or should I have it has auto select??

Italian 3.2 V6
As usual some great shots! Not used my canon for a couple month or so now. Need to get it back and and get snapping once again!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'd also look to first knock the aperture back to F/2.8 and practise getiing everything in focus then, and gradually go back up to F/1.8 if needs be. Is it the AF-S version you got mate, so it'll AF automatically? Never underestimate the power of manually adjusting the ring after initially focussing; especially at something like F/1.8 the camera's not necessarily going to get the thing that YOU want in focus :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice work dude! Your car stuff is so impressive these days, keep it up.