ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

White Sti Hatch
Can i join in :)

DSC_0075.jpg

More pics to come and a Vid once i clean it ! :sleepy:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i dont get above 23% knock ever... i would be worried too! i would ask on mrc... is the knock that high on idle or when driving??

i want 400-500 bhp... which is why im saving now... cos forgetting the rebuild i have to get new tripple plate clutch lol... im buying all the bit i need aswell so i can hopefully around jan/feb time take it to a a builders... im not sure who though maybe jaydee for his porting skills, and give them all the parts and have it all ready to be done, like fpr, primary and secondary rails, 850 primarys and 1680 secondarys, thinking about getting a 13b rew inlet mani too :)

was going to go vmount but im gonna go front mount now :)

i dont get above 23% knock ever... i would be worried too! i would ask on mrc... is the knock that high on idle or when driving??

i want 400-500 bhp... which is why im saving now... cos forgetting the rebuild i have to get new tripple plate clutch lol... im buying all the bit i need aswell so i can hopefully around jan/feb time take it to a a builders... im not sure who though maybe jaydee for his porting skills, and give them all the parts and have it all ready to be done, like fpr, primary and secondary rails, 850 primarys and 1680 secondarys, thinking about getting a 13b rew inlet mani too :)

was going to go vmount but im gonna go front mount now :)

Asked loads of people including pip who said thats fine, 20-30 is when driving, its about 5-10 on idle. What management are you running?

Jaydee seems to have a great reputation, I never heard of him when I have my rs a couple of years ago, has he been around for a while?

Does your car need a rebuild or are you just after more power? The fuel consumption with 1600 secondarys is scary!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
dont need a rebuilt, its only done 20-30k since its last rebuild, it still holds really good compression lol, i just want porting and while that is being done i may aswell have the rest redone :)

jaydee has been around for years apparantly but he seems to be a bit of an enigma lol...

im running power fc and most fuel duty im seeing is 68% on stock injectors, im contemplating putting an aeromotive fpr on it and turning the pressure up a bit but will see within theory the 1680's should only fuel as much as they need ?? i mean i know a guy that went from standard injectors on 99 spec twins and had 1680's etc fitted and mapped, he got more power and better fuel ecconomy out of it lol... does seem to be down to the mapper though...

bit pissed off at myself tbh, other week i went past a turning i needed to take so went to do a u turn and stamped on the power and slipped the s**t out of my clutch and now its slipping like a pro covered in baby oil when i get near 0.9bar and slowly getting worse thing is on monday im going egypt for work, and dont get paid until im back so its a bit of a c**k cos it would of been nice to drop it off and get it done while im away :(

oh well will get it done when im back :) although clutches on rx7's are retardedly expensive :(

At least your rebuild wont cost much if your engine is still in good condition, how much will the t51r kit cost, $4000?

Luckily the clutch is easy to change, do you work on the car yourself?

Regarding the injectors, I am by no means an expert but just putting in 1680's without mapping the car wont work. I think the injectors are just given a voltage signal which varies to increase and decrease the fuel delivered, you can make the 1680's load by changing the injector percentages in the apexi power fc, putting 50% in rather than the 100% it will currently be. That information could be completely wrong though, best checking on the forums lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
At least your rebuild wont cost much if your engine is still in good condition, how much will the t51r kit cost, $4000?

Luckily the clutch is easy to change, do you work on the car yourself?

Regarding the injectors, I am by no means an expert but just putting in 1680's without mapping the car wont work. I think the injectors are just given a voltage signal which varies to increase and decrease the fuel delivered, you can make the 1680's load by changing the injector percentages in the apexi power fc, putting 50% in rather than the 100% it will currently be. That information could be completely wrong though, best checking on the forums lol.

yeh i do most of the work myself, i wont be sticking the injectors in untill mapping...

i would do my clutch but only have a drive and no garage to work in :( plus after doing 3 boxes on my 200 myself i dont really wanna do it again, i think its only 100-150 labour from most rotary places to do the clutch change and only takes a couple hours, tbh i would rather let them do it than being cold on my drive wresting with a gearbox to get it back on lol!

A silver Honda
^^yep the same one. I had a quick look at the new issue in Tesco day lol.

That rear bumper/diffuser is nucking futs.

Tappd'd RS
Oh my - my STi has been transformed by Iain Litchfield.

Pics / Spec later today (hopefully!).

J03

MX5 1.8
anyone got hi res pics of norris design evo 9? like the new version with all the slats on the bumper etc etc?