ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

172//Crap Micra//Bus
10-07-06_2111.jpg

That grey Sera is my work mates, lol. He's just done it white, occasionally races it in Sprint's. Got a Datsun Cherry as a run around last year too.

I must admit I have had Rota's in the past. Yes only on a Yaris, so no they didn't go bang! lol However, even on a 1 litre Yaris , the heat from braking was enough to warp the centre caps, resulting in them popping off. This is a common thing and people lose them all the time.

I'd be interested to know WHEN the last failure was reported. As far as I was aware these failures happened a couple of years ago and ROTA addressed these issues. That may or may not be true, it's just what I heard.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
im actually pretty ashamed no one has posted TAS pics!

im guessing there is a bit of a theme there this year...
Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2010-B-009.jpg

Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2010-B-016.jpg

Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2010-B-017.jpg

Tokyo-Auto-Salon-2010-B-032.jpg

tommy kaira GTR!
IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

abflug rx7
IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

ARK design make a 370 look worse!
IMG_3840.jpg

nismo 370z
4280095117_2daa9a4712.jpg

re am rx7
4280889566_e3c5bcb9d4.jpg

4280212299_f05025ec77.jpg

4280214953_d7cfe35ba6.jpg

soooo many bmw's and merc's there though!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
13k for recaro's lol? you can buy them cheaper direct from recaro.... what makes them so expensive??

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
WTF were Re Am thinking/smoking?

you mean on the blue rx7? i think its f**king stunning! by far the most modern looking rx7 kit you can get! better than some of the other kits out there :)
white thing under it is a toyota prototype car...

i got a front bumper coming to me from japan... well its actually in the country atm sat in southampton just waiting for it to be collected :) only one in the country that i know of also :)

J03

MX5 1.8
you mean on the blue rx7? i think its f**king stunning! by far the most modern looking rx7 kit you can get! better than some of the other kits out there :)
white thing under it is a toyota prototype car...

i got a front bumper coming to me from japan... well its actually in the country atm sat in southampton just waiting for it to be collected :) only one in the country that i know of also :)

+1

inspiration from the latest mazda concepts

the white thing is the new celica

Clio 1.2 16v
that happened to both front wheels... do you think this is acceptable? do you think all the stories of people shattering them is acceptable? weather its through miss use or not they shouldnt shatter that badly...

If the Civic owners story is right (which it seems to be) then no, that is clearly not acceptable. What steps did he take with/against ROTA? Or did he simply get rid and vow to never use them again?

If the rims are shattering randomly - then again, no that is definately not acceptable but I doubt the failures have been caused by anything so minor as is being made out.

You have to remember everything has a limit, beyond which it will fail. With the right speed and impact angle, any rim will fail catastrophically (You can see proof of this in RTCs, especially from impacts at higher speeds).

EDIT: Were Matchless Crowd Racing at TAS? Anyone find any pics?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Hai, can we please stop arguing about the integrity of rota rims in this here media thread, its been covered plenty of times and any-one who is actually concerned about buying a set after reading things on the internet can start a thread in the tech sections. Cheers guys.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
that isnt wheels dude its just covers they on there to give best aerodynamic aid! re amemiya wind tunnel test all of their body parts :) they just unbolt and come off :)

like the rear wing on that car and the crazy manga yellow one thats wind tunnel tested to give downforce :) and you are looking over 1k for a secondhand one lol!

J03

MX5 1.8
that isnt wheels dude its just covers they on there to give best aerodynamic aid! re amemiya wind tunnel test all of their body parts :) they just unbolt and come off :)

yeah looks so much better without though, ive seen the pics without the wheel covers looks ace! looks nothing like an RX7 looks like a different model, like the veilside but less chavy

Mustang, S13, AX GT
It looks a bit wide, will it not need overfenders aswell? that yellow one looks pants imo lol.