ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

J03

MX5 1.8
that whole sentence makes no sense lol... the 180sx isnt a silvia its a 180... and a s14a isnt a silvia either its a 200sx...

looking on places like pistonheads is pointless, look on sxoc ( http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/index.php ) look in the forsale section... if your after 200's that is, for silvias your better off looking on driftworks, i would be cautious of high mile 200's with sr20's that are over 100k without atleast the bottom end bearings done... anything over 300bhp on a stock gearbox i would also step back from, the stock boxes wont handle much over 300bhp (i went through 3 boxes)

however if you want something modded well and not full of rust i would import its the only way you will get a cleanish car if you look in the right places, the 14a is no different to drive than the 14 its just a facelift, the 15 is different to drive its alot stiffer the 15 to me felt more of a tourer...

thanks malice thats some good info for me there :) a standardish one with a few mods would do me fine, am not after 300bhp straight away because il probably just end up in a ditch.
(this is talking if my heart is set) i heard its easier to do the front conversion with a 14a? i wont mind both 180sx but my mate had one and the turbos were completely nakerd and the car broke down so many times

Black Gold Trophy
I quite fancy a 200sx, have done ever since I was a teenager! But as above it seems an absolute nightmare to find a decent one, all the ones on pistonheads seem either junk or high mileage.

In response to what MaLicE said...

Isn't Silvia just the name for the 200sx in japan? If not then how do you distinguish between the model revisions in the silvia?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
well basically the 180 runs the same engine as the 200... they both run sr20's the 180 is the more rare engine, it doesnt have vvt so you wont get the rattle that you get on most 200 sr20's...

if you want to do a strawberry conversion the 14 and the 14a are pretty much the same the 14a has a slightly different pannel behind the headlights but for the cost what you could save on a looked after 14 would give you a big chunk towards the 15 front, but a 14a front will sell easier than a 14, however i prefer the 14 front end to the 14a... i had 2 14's and both times had the chance to go 14a... and picked the 14 lol... i miss my red 14 alot :(

as for the strawberry conv, places like charge speed do a full kit with everything you need for a straight bolt on job... srb power sells them but i think its about 1600 quid for the kit... basically no kit is a straight perfect fit they all require modification in some way... but thats one of the best fitting...

at one point i was semi tempted to buy a s15 type s and take out the sr20de and stick a rb or 1/2jz in it but gave up on that but would be stupidly cheap for a very fun car.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I quite fancy a 200sx, have done ever since I was a teenager! But as above it seems an absolute nightmare to find a decent one, all the ones on pistonheads seem either junk or high mileage.

In response to what MaLicE said...

Isn't Silvia just the name for the 200sx in japan? If not then how do you distinguish between the model revisions in the silvia?

in japan a 200sx wasnt made, it was the silvia, and as the same with all cars in japan they have the older model (zenki) which is the uk s14 and the newer facelift (kouki) s14a in the uk...

so the jap s14 is called a silvia zenki and the jap 14a is a silvia kouki,

zenki is old and kouki is young or something.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yeah i looked at that, am not bothered about mileage as long as service history and common bits that needed replacing after so and so miles were all replaced. an s15 front conversion or strawberry face is what i want to do if i had my hands on one of these ;)

A Strawberry Face IS an S15-fronted S Body.

It's a term given, since the Japanese for "15" sounds like "Strawberry"

So...

15 Face.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
in japan a 200sx wasnt made, it was the silvia, and as the same with all cars in japan they have the older model (zenki) which is the uk s14 and the newer facelift (kouki) s14a in the uk...

so the jap s14 is called a silvia zenki and the jap 14a is a silvia kouki,

zenki is old and kouki is young or something.

Kouki is Japanese for "First Generation"

Zenki is Second Gen, or facelifted.

I really want a clean 180. Much prefer them.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i want a s13 silvia... or a onevia... onevia varietta would be so f**king sexy

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

Onevia9.jpg

granted this is a silvia varietta but still
JDMs13Vert.jpg

Last edited:

J03

MX5 1.8
A Strawberry Face IS an S15-fronted S Body.

It's a term given, since the Japanese for "15" sounds like "Strawberry"

So...

15 Face.

yeah i know, i said i wanted to do that conversion if everything all goes to plan and if i can source one an s14 out, or even 180sx, heard the fenders dont match up properly though. i just love the rear of the 180sx and the fastback profile!

anyways pic requests of these? edit* ^^ malice my hero

Titanium 182
This is something for you Christopher.
Dunno if you've seen it before but I watched it last night.

1li6.jpg

initial D it's an anime series but they made a "live action movie" of it :rasp:

Basically Tokyo drift but without americans. Quite good xD

he drives an old corrola or something.

Titanium 182
Aye my mates going to get me the anime series so I can watch it. Watched the subtitled version of the film and the cultural differences made me laugh.

There was a bit where two people were fighting and a guy broke up the fight and the convo went

"Stop this fighting! Who started this?"
"I didn't start it, I'd rather have a w**k!"

Made absolutely no sense whatsoever hahaha !

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol the whole film is funny as f**k, it did make sense kinda he was saying he would rather w**k than fight lol...

the anime is just stupidly good, if you watch it you will see that the film is like 1-2 or 1-3 series condensed... in to the film, but be prepared to loose alot of your life lol, you need all of the initial d series and the project d series to get the full effect...

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
Unfortunately mileage is something you have to live with when looking at cars that age.
thats not entirely correct my gti-r only has 31000 miles on the clock and one of my mates has a G reg civic sir with only 51k on it its just all about finding the right one and paying through the teeth for it haha

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
nsx is gonna have to be my next car after the rex lol... thats if i ever get rid of it!

Turbos.
Yeah, surprised they didn't go for the gearknob and 'shift boot' as they call it! The alcantara retrim is awesome though, which was an option on first generation NSX-Rs.

I would get some matching slippers to drive it!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WS1CL-n_KRI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WS1CL-n_KRI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NypD_UpnP0s&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NypD_UpnP0s&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Fernando Alonso?

Or someone with his helmet design?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
have to admit, no matter how much i love rx7's i didnt expect this!

[youtube]Rbh0lM_pHR0[/youtube]

wanna see it at the ring! with keichii driving it!