ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
01_mugen_nsx_rr.jpg

02_mugen_nsx_rr.jpg

03_mugen_nsx_rr.jpg

04_mugen_nsx_rr.jpg

05_mugen_nsx_rr.jpg

With the NSX successor officially cancelled, Honda tapped long-time motorsports partner Mugen to create a one-off coupe to commemorate the everyday supercar that ended production in 2005. The Mugen NSX RR is stretched to 177.95 inches (almost four inches more than the ‘94-05 model), and widened by 5.5 inches and features a combination of carbon fiber and aluminum body panels. In addition to a set of upgrade brakes, GT-style body kit, wing, hood-scoop and diffusers, the 3.0-liter V6 has been swapped out in favor of a supercharged 2.4-liter V6 mated to a revised six-speed manual gearbox. Mugen hasn’t released any power figures, but informed speculation pegs output between 350 and 380 hp.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
dunno what it is about that nsx but i just dont like it and i normally LOVE nsx's the front seems really rounded and really wide, the back seems angular and narrower than the front :(

i like pauls 200... though the bottom blob looks weird from certain angles...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
When i was insured one the one i was going to collect, it was almost double what i pay for the 182.

I have five years NCB too. lol

thats insane!!! how much was it and how much you pay on your 182?

im 23 3yrs ncb and the rex is 700 fully comp with an agreed value and like for like replacement! with a 200 quid excess! also all mods declared with future mods also taken in to account!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It was £1140 for the EK9, IIRC... lol I pay just over £600 for my 182.

DC5 is another £200 ish on top.

Both with A-Plan

This was the one i had a deposit on... kind of makes me sick now :(

Spoon Suspension
Mugen IK
Mugen Twinloop
Spoon Gearknob

100_0347.jpg

100_0369.jpg

100_0395.jpg

100_0352.jpg

12.jpg

16.jpg

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
why didnt you get it?? i was in bristol the otherweek, well just outside and just came off the m5 and was sat at some lights, to my left a jdm dc2 pulled up then to my right ek9 type r pulled up, i got excited my ex didnt find it as entertaining lol!

have to say anyone i have seen driving any ek9 they always look TINY inside... i bet it was a nightmare for you lol!

why didnt you get it?? i was in bristol the otherweek, well just outside and just came off the m5 and was sat at some lights, to my left a jdm dc2 pulled up then to my right ek9 type r pulled up, i got excited my ex didnt find it as entertaining lol!

Dam son, thats nursing a semi time. Especially in the RX7.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep! Super-high window line!

Bad for me! As with the DC5... in fact, even worse with the DC5! lol

Didn't get it due to a few things... mainly the money involved to change to a car that still needed a lot of work doing. It was a private import. Only had the SVA. Needed alarming, undersealing, converting to mph... etc etc. It'd have cost me almost £1,500 plus my 182 sale. For a car worth only 500 more than my 182, and 12 years old. lol

Just didn't add up in the end.

DC5 will soon ease the pain, mind. Even if i do need a f*cking cushion or two ;)

My lady called me a geek when i almost changed lanes looking at SILEIGHTY in Manchester the other week. Genuine one, too... mintness.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i do like the ek9 and the dc5, also been in a supercharged dc2 not long ago and i have to say if i had to go fwd i would love one lol!

think i have sorted out a induction kit which i think im gonna go get tomorrow, its an hks twin mushroom, not ideal, but will free up power and they look cool...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've been in an EP3 with the Jackson low-pressure 'charger and that was scary enough! lol

What colour mushrooms? Green?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
saw this on another forum....
ek9 stolen in N-Ireland

EK9a.jpg

EK9b.jpg

EK9c.jpg

6 days after it was reported stolen it was found...

EK9d.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I nearly went to view that! I emailed the fella a few times, i have a fair few pics of it on my hotmail!

Totally gutting. I think i saw a thread about that on EK9.org

Petrol Blue 182.
just been looking at some BYS products if i get a ek4 £80 for clear indicators :O, i think paying 1k for the front bumper is do able it is sexual afterall

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Indeedy. You pay for the tyteness y0.

Mugen CF lip is mint for the lower EK Civics... cheaper too. You could source an EK9 bumper, skirts and grille.

BYS parts are awesome in the way that only JDM parts can be. Have a look at their rear spoiler for the EG/EK. Looks like a f*cking air-brake... but still very cool, somehow.

Petrol Blue 182.
yeah just been looking at it £991 lol, worth it imo tho! think ill go with the ek4 as i know ill get raped on insurance for ek9, think ill be coming to you for my styling tips lol, now is it only drifters that are alowed subway handles? ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL

You'd get away with it on a standard EK4, for a few days. Until some tytelord off DriftWorks saw you in traffic. I'm pretty sure he'd get out and chase you down the road, throwing (genuine) shuriken at you.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
im sure if you had one on an ek9 no one would worry to much, but good luck finding one, i been loving off jdm stuff for years and this is the first time i seen one for sale... it turned up today!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL

Domakun air freshener, some random tyte cup holders and a Wakaba on your dashboard top.

Wakaba's have gotton more and more common though