ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

wheel3.jpg

wheels1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
im holding back on the rota comment!

just got me 2 more greddy gauges :D im such a jdm whoar! and im picking up another on the weekend!! one of the ones i have already is broken :( was gutted and the bloke i got it off dont give a f**k! but i got someone buying it off me for spare parts for more than i bought it for!

so will have boost, oil temp, water temp and oil pressure all in jdm tyteness greddy gauges!!!

gonna give her a wash tomorrow and take some pics of the carbon fiber rear diffuser :) might take the spoiler off too and see how it looks...

Integra Type-R DC2
Just tried to get an insurance quote on a DC2 after reading this thread.

I need to be 21 :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i got my greddy gauges from jap land today :D just half way through fitting :) will take pics tomorrow got some more interior stuff done...

ITB'd MK1
im holding back on the rota comment!

just got me 2 more greddy gauges :D im such a jdm whoar! and im picking up another on the weekend!! one of the ones i have already is broken :( was gutted and the bloke i got it off dont give a f**k! but i got someone buying it off me for spare parts for more than i bought it for!

so will have boost, oil temp, water temp and oil pressure all in jdm tyteness greddy gauges!!!

gonna give her a wash tomorrow and take some pics of the carbon fiber rear diffuser :) might take the spoiler off too and see how it looks...

I lucked out on some Omori gauges. Black EGT and White boost, should look good side by side

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
danny i had an omori gauge in my 200 but it was faulty :(

that mugen nsx looks f**king rank!

the 370 is growing on me but some angles make it look horrible, others make it look stunning!

oh i think i have sorted out 2 bride buckets for the fd also!!!

also got some 99spec rear lights for my fd gonna stick them on later if i can brave the cold and rain lol!

Turbos.
Says the man intent on fcuking up his RX7!

Never seen the NSX-RR concept, so cheers for that! I like the bodykit but the wing doesn't suit it, its based on a similar shape to the one they did in the '90s.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Says the man intent on fcuking up his RX7!

Never seen the NSX-RR concept, so cheers for that! I like the bodykit but the wing doesn't suit it, its based on a similar shape to the one they did in the '90s.

im not intent on f**king it up at all! i just think the front end on the nsx looks horrible, looks like its a different car from the front wings back... chill out money bags!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Quick question:

Most tyte JDM car ever?

I have a few in my head, i want to see if any of them are the ones your guys think.

gotta be the NSX, just heaven!!

big fan of the DC5, S2000 and 350z too.

this thread has opened my eyes big time tho.. some of the classic skylines on here and little 1 litres with turbos... only in japan(or salford)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Well... whats the most replicated JDM car outside of Japan? I would guess the EK9.

It's up there IMO

Spoon's demo EK9 being at the top of the list.

gotta be the NSX, just heaven!!

big fan of the DC5, S2000 and 350z too.

this thread has opened my eyes big time tho.. some of the classic skylines on here and little 1 litres with turbos... only in japan(or salford)

Hakosuka's are awesome, agreed. I'd love one! Easily cooler than the sh*te we were producing at the time.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
It's up there IMO

Spoon's demo EK9 being at the top of the list.

Hakosuka's are awesome, agreed. I'd love one! Easily cooler than the sh*te we were producing at the time.

i guess the most jdm tyte from an everyday persons point of view will be things like skylines (r33 and r34 i guess not many people seem to like r32's) supras, civics, rx7? basically anything that has been in a f&f film...

but to the jdm connoisseur im going, hakosuka, 86's, chasers, 4 door skylines, drift taxi's lol, anything that is overly rare! and things that have been worked on by big companys like topsecret, knightsports etc... or has herritage like being a sexy knights car or other drift team cars...

just uploading some pics :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I was counting on your answer! ;)

My top few would be... Genuine Hakosuka's, Tom's/TRD Chaser and the original RE Amemiya 20b FD. Also the V12 Top Secret Supra, with the Century engine. Uber mintness.

I also bum literally anything that Spoon or Amuse produce. Spoon's K20A EK9, being the best hatchback ever. ;)