ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Filth

I quite like them without the wing! Hmmmmm

photoshoottracks1scvp7.jpg

Saw my first DC5 in the flesh last weekend. Just caught a glimps of him behind me coming onto the longabout, only for him to give it the beans past me and shoot off, by god it was clean and looked better than jenna jamerson herself.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
woah this slipped down to page 2!!

anyway some pics i took yesterday at a rx7 meet, website has compressed and knocked down the colours :(

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
think he blew it on the way home lol, well his rad hose blew... which would mean its getting pressurized in there... which im thinking is water seals which is bad luck, really nice guy too, i think i found the photogenic side, the other side had dents and pinker paint lol! really really made me want a fc though! make a ryosuke initial d copy :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
dents and faded paint make it MUCH better :D my kind of car, would need to learn a lot more about rotary engines before i could consider one though

to be honest they are overly simple! there really is nothing to them lol 3 moving parts inside the engine, the 2 rotors and the shaft! u have 2 housings (that the rotors go in) and 3 iron plates, most difficult parts on the engine is the "rats next" which you get on early fd's like mine :( which controls the twins, everything else is REALLY simple lol... if you can rebuild a piston engine a rotary is easy! its daunting but easy! something that can be done at home, you just need to keep oil in them as they burn it as part of the combustion cycle use mineral oil on them only as its best for them and it costs 12 quid for 5 liters lol!

really are simple to use, they just get a bit over hyped with how delicate they are... dont let them go over 110 degrees water temp and the water seals stay fine... get the housings ported for more power and faster spooling, a street or a bridge port or peripheral port if u wanna go mad, then a single turbo on the fd's and your laughing :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the red fd with the rota gtr rims on was running a street port with a single turbo at 0.6bar its running 420bhp...

ITB'd MK1
Yeah, I've had a good look round a couple of them, and read plenty. By all accounts very simple, but completely different. Never had the oportunity to do anything with one.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
well if you want you can sponsor my rx7 lol, give u summit to play with lol :D

where is gdi based now?? heard a rumour its in cheltenham ?