ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

^^No, not mine mate.

The wheels are Rays Volk Ce28n's. Ive got a set waiting to go on my Teg and im on the look out for bonnet and rear wing.

So it should hopefully look like that in a few weeks.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
COPY & PASTED FROM ANOTHER SITE

Hi guys,

It has taken me a couple months to finally make the decision to sell the EK9. I genuinely am going to be sad, it has been the best car I have bought, Ever! Will own one again sometime, but at this time its just not the car I need. It has never once let me down in the time iv owned it. Great cars!!

As some of you know, Im based in Fife, Scotland. But I work in Aberdeen Mon - Fri.

Iv never complained about fuel or insurance. These cars are great on fuel in my opinion, even although mine rarely see's the vtec zone, and insurance for me at 23 ( 22 when i took the policy out ) is £730 fully comp, mods declared, and unlimited commuter mileage with adrian flux. It is my reliable workhorse for everyday driving. I have two RX7's now to play with if I feel like getting dangerous . I will own one again sometime, But for now I need something different ( see p/x options please )

The car is regularly serviced, with the best oils & filters available, supplied by OpieOils, and performance NGK iridium plugs and leads from Vtec Direct. The car passed its MOT in January 2009 with no problems at all, Only required a couple of bulbs which were out. It has 5 months tax. It had a full oil and filter change at the end of January 2009, I have a fuel filter to be fitted also, but i ran out of time and sunlight when I was doing the oil, and its been snowing here recently too.

The fuel filter will be supplied with the car, plus another couple of Oil Filters, and a new 5 litre bottle of Silkolene ProS race oil 5-40. ( only oil i use in all of my cars )

I also fitted new OEM brake pads in December 2008 as the old ones were low.

I decided around that time to buy Big Carbon RE-01 discs and RE-01 race pads from Dixcelbrakes for the front too, since i was feeling flush. These are still brand new and in the box, unwrapped. THEY LOOK STUNNING! Dont ask why I bought them, thats just one of the daft things I do with cars

The car is maintained regardless of cost, The car is valeted every weekend. Interior is usually kept pretty clean, but it always gets gutted atleast once a month for any empty juice bottles etc! And the recaros, dash and doorcards are cleaned and treated to upholstery cleaning agents.

Before me, The 1st UK owner of the car was a guy who was a valeter to trade, Iv simply just carried on keeping it the way he did.

The car has no knocks, suspect noises, crunches, and has never given me any concerns

That all said...Here is the car...

Anyone interested in the EK9 will already know what its all about! In short - A race car with Tax & MOT. A true performance hatchback.

Honda Civic EK9 Type R import. Year 2000
93,000 miles
( Converted to Miles at 125k when I bought it, Clocks now showing 139k )
Timing belt also changed just before i bought the car.
185bhp from factory, mine will be producing slightly more with mods, SLIGHTLY i say...no 15bhp air filters here...and such like!
Limited Slip Diff
Close ratio gearbox
Sound deadening removed
Front & rear brake discs
Thinner windows
dark privacy glass
Rear spoiler
seam welded chassis
front strut brace
Air conditioning
Red recaro interior ( MINT! no bolster wear or nowt! played a big part in my decision to originally buy the car, as I went to see a couple of badgered ones )
Alpine TypeR ( had to get the typeR hah! ) front door speakers with custom fibreglassed, and alcantara covered mounts.
Titanium gearknob
Carbon fibre dash trim
Electric folding mirrors
Xenon headlights
Front foglight units
Cusco Coilovers, Not sitting daft to the ground! Its perfect for me, and practical!
15" Volk TE37 wheels with 4 excellent tyres
Tanabe Full Stainless system with decat ( THIS, Sounds phenominal when the Vtec does actually get a chance! ) new 6 months ago
Seibon Carbon fibre bonnet. new 6 months ago
NGK iridium plugs
NGK performance blue leads
Spoon blue reservoir covers
Spoon magnetic gearbox and engine sump bolts
ARC intake chamber, With Blitz filter

Car has a Toad 606 Alarm and also a 2nd immobilsor by Cobra
Certificates for both.

thats about it i think, If i have missed anything, I will add to it.

Car was waxoiled a couple days before i bought it over a year ago, was undersealed again around 7-8 months ago, and I will be booking it in again real soon if I still have it.

Many people can vouch for the car.

PRICE -

£7500 with Carbon Bonnet & New unfitted Carbon brakes & pads
£7250 with Carbon Bonnet & No brakes
£7000 with Stock white bonnet, No carbon, No brakes.

PART EXCHANGE -

Volkswagon Golf MK5 GT TDI170
Audi A3 TDI with S-Line body (04>)
BMW X5 3.0D
BMW 530D (05>) Saloon or Estate
Toyota Rav4 D New shape
Ford Mondeo 2.2td ST Saloon or Estate
Vauxhall Astra 888 Deisel

Pics

image031ow7.jpg

image039pu5.jpg

image038qk8.jpg

image009bu6.jpg

image010eo5.jpg

dsc00147kp7.jpg

ek91nq1.jpg

image098tr6.jpg

thought i would post that, thought maybe someone might be interested in it???

Ok it's GBDM but it's still from the land of the rising sun....

Spotted it in Stockport today :approve:

08022009264.jpg

(Corolla by the way ignore the R35 ;))

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
pic of the uk lights???? i cant help thinking they would look better in black than chrome...

Tappd'd RS
pic of the uk lights???? i cant help thinking they would look better in black than chrome...

I was having a bit of a joke mate - there's virtually no difference except the JDM version deletes the stupid UK red foglight. It was about a £25 modification :)

Black lights would be pretty cool though or even grey.

Here's how it looked before

2753815032_f4557fc2e4_b.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
see i think it would of looked cooler if you made the other side red lol... then changed the 2 little red reflectors in the bumper to clear reverse lights...

Tappd'd RS
It helps that the car is white, because the lights are still awful. Defo go for the all red lights.

I totally agree !

Gonna get those Litchfield Type-20 lights later in the year I think - just need an excuse to pay them a visit.

J03

MX5 1.8
what the hell! ive never seen that before.. cant decide whether i like that or not.. definatly MARMITE!

Turbos.
I just posted them up as they were related! I only like the first de-spoilered one, mainly because of the wheels and general stance! ;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I just posted them up as they were related! I only like the first de-spoilered one, mainly because of the wheels and general stance! ;)

hopefully mine will look similar.... im getting the same skirts as that in carbon and i want the mazdaspeed gtc front bumper... wheels im not sure on yet...

img2324smallbe6.jpg

and some sexual rims with a despoiler and a carbon plain bonnet! oh and carbon light covers!