ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Pretty much every volume, yeah. ;)

Hachiroku FTW

This is perfection.

DSC02767.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
chris, dan joyce from dirty sanchez is doing a datsun pickup lol! had it painted and loads of work done to it! guy is funny as f**k

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Same here. Met him when he was playing with his old glow in the dark S13!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Is than an 86 corrola or something? UK name? Mind in Toyko drift lol.

"Put up the 72 skyline" - DONE!!!!!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Definitely.

There's no way to improve it. Maybe an inflatable Tsuchiya for the passenger seat, strapped in at all times.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Is than an 86 corrola or something? UK name? Mind in Toyko drift lol.

"Put up the 72 skyline" - DONE!!!!!!

AE86 Corolla. "Hachiroku" is 86 in Japanese

KGPC10 Skylines are called "Hakosuka's"

Both very pricey, both very mint.

hakosuka-04.jpg

DSC02767.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Love the AE86 and i saw one in real life for the first time in london as i was picking up my clio :p

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
still makes me laugh how small the engine is in the rx7...

this is it lol

rotaryengine.jpg

you can sorta see the size compared to the people... thats just missing the exhaust and inlet mani's and the oil pump but thats it lol!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Nice pics i just find it hard to get my head around that a 1.3 engine can produce so much power.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Nice pics i just find it hard to get my head around that a 1.3 engine can produce so much power.

you're forgetting it works in a completely different way to a piston engine, and tbh its not 1.3 its 2.6 it fires twice as much as a piston engine or something...

mine was registered as a 1.3 but the dvla have been sending out letters changing the 1.3l to 2.6l you cant get away with it any more, the engines are SO simple! they are really cool when you learn about them...

you can get billet rotors for them now... 15krpm easy and they think 18-19k should be possible!!!

the sound of a periphial port rotary with straight through pipe is like ... sooo hard to describe... and soooo sexy...

[youtube]xbKtHL06xmQ[/youtube]

wait untill 45ish seconds for the idle!!! brap brap brap brap brap! lol thats a 20b (3 rotor) but still sound so so so sexy!

or

[youtube]S0pm0nlIYLs[/youtube]

thats a 26b (4rotor) the noise is CRAZY! there is a 20b pp motor being built in the uk atm and also a 4 rotor being built too!!

if or when mine goes... im going PP on my 13b... i want that idle sooo bad lol

Stretch isn't a euro thing tbh it's just more widely heard of on euro dubs etc but the japanese do it too for drifting etc so it still falls under JDM too.

^^ lol thnx for clearing that up.

Though i thought stretched tires would be pap for drifting, because they can quite easily pop off the rim, or is that if they are over stretched etc.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Hows yours on fuel Malice? Just as bad as people say?

na mate people over bullshit about them just like people do on renault 5's lol...

its supposed to be 19mpg but you can get over that, im running my turbo's as non sequential, gives more fuel economy and makes it feel like a single turbo if i drive sensibly i can get 24mpg pretty easy... but at the same time if i boot it i can see 7mpg yes 7mpg pretty easy, i chased a new gtr the other day and did easily 1/2 a tank of fuel in 10 mins... plus they burn oil as part of the combustion cycle, there is a pump called the omp that sucks oil from the sump and injects it in to the combustion chamber so you need to keep an eye on oil too...

but they use mineral oil do an oil change every 3k miles and it costs 12 quid which gives you enough left over to top up over the next 3k miles...

loony is that a new stagea with a gtr front?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
and will stretched tyres is better for drifting, provides less sidewall flex meaning its easier to skid.

Qashcow
still makes me laugh how small the engine is in the rx7...

this is it lol

rotaryengine.jpg

you can sorta see the size compared to the people... thats just missing the exhaust and inlet mani's and the oil pump but thats it lol!

nice jumper Malice:approve:

na mate people over bulls**t about them just like people do on renault 5's lol...

its supposed to be 19mpg but you can get over that, im running my turbo's as non sequential, gives more fuel economy and makes it feel like a single turbo if i drive sensibly i can get 24mpg pretty easy... but at the same time if i boot it i can see 7mpg yes 7mpg pretty easy, i chased a new gtr the other day and did easily 1/2 a tank of fuel in 10 mins... plus they burn oil as part of the combustion cycle, there is a pump called the omp that sucks oil from the sump and injects it in to the combustion chamber so you need to keep an eye on oil too...

but they use mineral oil do an oil change every 3k miles and it costs 12 quid which gives you enough left over to top up over the next 3k miles...

loony is that a new stagea with a gtr front?

Might be sending you a pm in the future with some advice on buying an rx7. Always fancied one. But all the different models etc are confusing to hell for me.

That one above sounds awesome on idle!!