ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
and lol at the recomendation for bc racing coilovers... you honestly may as well just get some scaffold pole and weld it in place of shocks, they are that bad i would honestly rather suck engleberts dingaling

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Ahhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha

If.... IFFFFF>>>>>>.. they are 18x9.5 you will need me.

Rota grinds - £800 + tyres
Front Fog deletes - £100 - £200 iirc.
headlights not needed
Carbon markers - £80

Oh and coilovers £700 BC RA job done.

Kiss KISS
http://www.ultralitewheels.com/atec.htm
Cheaper than Rota's, probably lighter and less likely to upset malice or Chris lol.

I'll be after a set of similar wheels to the ones above too, looking for the cheapest ones though.

Mine will look something like this:

12168_200299339458_778874458_3959200_6437234_n.jpg
Wagon?

PS, My Rotas are just fine a thankya, barely any weights on them to balance them and they've not rusted away yet lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hang on... your rotas are on your s13... which correct me if im wrong... is dead... in which case congrats on having wheels that go nowhere lol...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
They were on for about 1000miles before being parked :dapprove:
They are still not falling apart though haha. The tyres are even holding their pressure. Although the Rota's are coming off while the cars parked I dont wanna flat the tyres or anythin whilst its sat. Besides, if you would kindly point me to the original wheels that the RB Drifts are copies of I might concede that I've made a bad decision if theres very little price difference.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
FYI, the Bugeye is a prodrive edition so the Fog blanks were part of the prodrive pack thing so he says :)

ZX6R B1H
and lol at the recomendation for bc racing coilovers... you honestly may as well just get some scaffold pole and weld it in place of shocks, they are that bad i would honestly rather suck engleberts dingaling

Have you used/run these? You do realise they have damping adjustment and you can toddle off and buy different lbf rated springs...

Rotas may well suck, but for something which is just to be used everyday is anybody really going to be that arsed?

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Have you used/run these? You do realise they have damping adjustment and you can toddle off and buy different lbf rated springs...

Rotas may well suck, but for something which is just to be used everyday is anybody really going to be that arsed?

yes i have lol! i tried a set on a r32 skyline used for drifting they were the worst coilovers i have ever used, made in the same factory as the apex coilovers and the ksport coilovers lol! just with surprisingly a different name and colour scheme... they are great if your in to hardparking and wanna lower the tits off your car, or if you actually dont give a f**k about the ride quality and handling lol!

ZX6R B1H
yes i have lol! i tried a set on a r32 skyline used for drifting they were the worst coilovers i have ever used, made in the same factory as the apex coilovers and the ksport coilovers lol! just with surprisingly a different name and colour scheme... they are great if your in to hardparking and wanna lower the t**s off your car, or if you actually dont give a f**k about the ride quality and handling lol!

Well yeah... hence the recommendation lol.

LESS SPAM MORE PICS :D

rps13
yes i have lol! i tried a set on a r32 skyline used for drifting they were the worst coilovers i have ever used, made in the same factory as the apex coilovers and the ksport coilovers lol! just with surprisingly a different name and colour scheme... they are great if your in to hardparking and wanna lower the t**s off your car, or if you actually dont give a f**k about the ride quality and handling lol!

and you were surprised they were rock solid?

White Sti Hatch
my mates got the BC's on his Evo 8 (Black one you took pics of Al) n hes got no complaints bout them at all

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol since when does drifting mean they need to be rock solid?? its a misconception that you need rock hard suspension for drifting, infact it makes it harder to so transfer from one direction to the other and makes it stupidly snappy!

driftworks cs2's used by most of the bdc lot in the uk and are 100000times more comfortable than the k sport and bcracing s**t lol the japanese mainly use arogosta coilovers, if you have ever driven them they are some of the most comfortable coilovers ever! so dont try and ask if i was surprised lol and pretty much everyone that drove the r32 said it was horrible with the bc racing s**t! like i said good for hardparking and thats it.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
my mates got the BC's on his Evo 8 (Black one you took pics of Al) n hes got no complaints bout them at all

and alot of people wont complain about them because they know no better lol, compare an evo with the bc racing or k sports on to one with ohlins or arrogosta then see what the difference is! seriously why do people think that because its cheap this stuff is good?!

plus all these cheap coilovers you cant rebuild them!! and trust me they will go lol!

trust me on this they are not good, its just people feel them and think oh yeh they are firmer so that is better LOL! if they were good why does no one in any competitive racing series use them? why do no companies (besides the companies that sell them) use them on their demo cars??? its not rocket science, like has been said buy cheap buy twice! if your happy with replacing shocks every 1-2 years then fine go for it, but they should last a hell of a lot longer than that lol!