ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'll look after it while you're gone ;)
Yes, I'm sure you would mate! Thanks for the very generous offer! I'll get back to you... :rofl:

You'll be fine matey, I'd get out contracting as it'll be the easiest way to find a new permanent role. That's if you don't get a taste for contracting and the Hollywood $$$. You're good at what you do so let someone else take advantage of that.

and from a car point of view.....meh. You'll get it back, then this phase will be a distant memory and you can get on with the project thread.....
Thanks, mate - I'm sure it will work out just fine. I've spent today reading up on contracting, self-employment, setting up limited companies, VAT and taxation, IR35, and so on. My potential company name is also available so... we'll see.

I can't wait to pick the project thread up again. I know you miss it as much as I do. :)

Gutting about the job mate. As has been said there are a few good things the welsh government can help with.

i was made redundant twice in 2 years in 2008-2010 so if you want any info give me a shout.
Very kind of you mate - thank you. :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
i like how you got the 182 mileage bit!:clap:
Yep - got to get that 'special' mileage milestone recorded for, er, prosperity. Or something. :)

Here's a pic of the "snot box" cooling down after 15 laps at Llandow. (Just kidding Fred... it was only 14 laps. I took it easy on the old girl as I know you're missing it...) :race:

20130824_llandowburp_v6.jpg

As much as I'm desperate to get the Trophy back I'm still loving this car in the meantime.

Evo 5 RS
lol that has definitely been driven! Pretty much comes pre-sanded ;) I certainly wouldn't be moaning with that as a run-around.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
How long have you been without the car?

Bet you can't wait to get it back now. Or enjoying the Vee too much?
8 months, mate! LOL! :D

I can't wait to get it back. I absolutely love the Vee (and would happily own one) but I'm missing the little Pink shed. The work situation isn't too good at the moment either hence the need to get my own car back soon has increased. Mind you, Fred's absolutely sick of the sight of the Trophy I imagine. :p

he needs to hoover the dam trophy on the outside!
:eek: At least that additional layer of grime and dirt will be protecting the paintwork underneath... right? :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It's not so bad to be honest, mate; about 1.5 hour drive each way. :) I'd rather make the long distance journey and get things done properly. Mind you, I've said that twice before and things didn't end so well! Third time lucky though. ;)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I've read every single page of this topic. Absolute lovely car, shame it's got a demon in it! So nice of Fred to borrow you a V6, top man!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Worked for me.
Then it will work for me, too! :D

I've read every single page of this topic. Absolute lovely car, shame it's got a demon in it! So nice of Fred to borrow you a V6, top man!
You must have had a very boring day to read through all this lot mate! LOL! :D But thanks for taking the time to do so. As for the V6... what V6? Fred who? :p In all seriousness, I can't wait to get the Trophy back minus the demons.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
And so my reputation as a Clio-Killer continues... this time with Fred's V6! :cry:

I've now been driving the Vee pretty much everyday since July and it's been an absolute peach; not missed a single beat. The engine is great and the newly built and refreshed gearbox is sublime. Hence my panic attack when, last night and no more than about 50 feet from my drive, the Vee coughed up it's guts. Ok, perhaps that's an over-exaggeration but that's what it felt like! The engine management light came on, the engine note changed significantly, the exhaust developed a deep bass rumble and boom and the whole car started to shake. Naturally I switched off immediately and, being so close to home, it wasn't difficult to recover to the driveway. In somewhat of a panic I contacted Fred but couldn't get hold of him at first. I also contacted Dan (SJM) later on, too. Eventually, around the midnight hour, I ended up chatting with both Fred and Dan and the general feeling is that it's nothing too serious and - hopefully - just the coils. Being some 9+ years old they probably could do with a refresh.

After hearing that my fears were somewhat lessened but, after the problems I have had with my own car and a certain 172 Cup a couple of years back (both of which weren't my fault!!!), I still felt sick. These things do happen but I wish they didn't happen to me so often when someone has so generously let me borrow their car! With a bit of luck, Fred's going to send over some replacement parts shortly and Dan is looking to pop over at the weekend as well. One thing is for sure... access to these engines certainly is 'interesting' so I'd better start stretching and improving my flexibility now in readiness for getting in there.

Sorry Fred :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Thanks, Tony - I feel much better now! :p

I'll go get my pitchfork.....

Don't forget the flaming torch as well, Oli. Just for effect if nothing else. :)

good job they're not dear from gsf!

Yay...

^but the wrong bloody ones!

...boo!

LOL!!!! Poor Fred. Or poor Sharky. I'm not really sure.

Anyway, I hope you fix it as easy as you seem to believe you can :)

Cheers, Rob. Hopefully she'll be a'right. I hope it's easy to fix, too!

Better get that Trophy sorted Fred, you've had one warning ;)

:rofl: Hmmm...

That bum clenching moment when you hear a noise that doesn't sound quite right coupled with it being someone elses car, is always terrifying!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
"he breaks it he buys it" ;)
If you'd told me that when I picked it up... :p

And the trophy is the deposit iirc!
With the greatest of respect, sod off! ;)

Whats the news on the Trophy btw?
It will soon be ready for mapping. It's practically 'there' mate. :)

That bum clenching moment when you hear a noise that doesn't sound quite right coupled with it being someone elses car, is always terrifying!
You're not wrong. My own back end was twitching more than the Vee in the wet to be quite honest with you! :eek: Similar sort of 'exhaust' note, too...

Could be worse. I drove a 450bhp Escos and broke 3rd gear in it lol.
Yeah, that probably wasn't a pleasant experience Dan. But I'm sure it was accidental!

Evo 5 RS
lol Christ. To be fair I'm sure Fred's not worried so no reason for you to be matey. That car had sat for sometime! Probably just a coil as said.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Your Trophy will be tax exempt by the time you get it back mate ! :D
PMSL! Nearly but not quite! I wish it were tax exempt though. :)

Sharky, why are you so unlucky? I really feel for you mate!
Thanks buddy. Well, s**t happens and I've made some bad choices along the way in hindsight, along with some bad luck now and again! As you know from reading the thread, no expense has been spared and it has been looked after so - hopefully - no more major issues to deal with for a long time.

lol Christ. To be fair I'm sure Fred's not worried so no reason for you to be matey. That car had sat for sometime! Probably just a coil as said.
Exactly. Or so I keep trying to tell myself. I may have been overly-cautious and sensitive to the recent problem with the V6 but, based on previous runs of luck and the fact it wasn't my car, meant I was worried! Especially with it being a Vee. I think it was made worse by the fact that it had been running beautifully to that point and it just came out the blue. But, as you'll see below, all will soon be good again...

Cant wait to see this in the flesh. . What power are you going for?
Hi mate. Erm... not entirely sure on the power to be honest with you. It certainly won't be a massive number as obviously I've kept it NA; and I haven't got a figure in mind either. Anything over a genuine 200bhp will be a bonus ;) Based on the level of mod's and upgrades I've had done I would say it will probably be on a par with a low-boost turbo setup but without any of that lag rubbish. :p

Talking of Fred's V6 and the recent issue I had...

Dan (SJM) very generously made the 1.5 hour journey over to my place in Wales this weekend to look over the Vee and see what the problem may be. Fred and Dan had both immediately said to me that they thought it would be coil pack and, I'm happy to report, this was confirmed to be the case. So (phew) nothing serious! It was the coil nearest the passenger seat (for those familiar with the layout of the engine) and it was quite impressive the way in which Dan was able to contort himself to establish that as being the offending item! LOL! When Fred sends over the replacement then all will be good. :) Thanks Dan! :D