ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Excuse the daftness, assume you sign up to Giffgaff, not just buy the phone with their current £100 off the £349

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I missed the quidco in my first order, it was 7am and it wasn't until my mate mentioned it that I realised!

Id have done 10 of I had a business to claim against Samsung with!
Screenshot_20240620_212347_Chrome.jpg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
am considering a new phone and if i do i really want a folding phone. im not willing to pay anymore than £50 a month for a max of two years.

honor magic v2 looks really good and honor has a cracking offer on at the moment. think it works out the cheapest, but the phone isnt in any way splash proof.
£1170 plus you get a £350 honor tablet for just a pound. which one of the kids can have.

google pixel fold gets some very good reviews and is splash proof. google also has a pretty decent offer on at the moment
£1319, sadly you dont get many freebies and google charge £65 for a rubber case for the phone

also considered the oneplus open which is £1300 and again no major freebies.

ive ruled samsung out as they are to expensive.

decisions decisions

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
128gb... is naff in this day and age. needs to be 256 as minimum.

i dont buy second hand phones its new or nothing 🤦‍♂️
What the f**k are you doing with your phone that requires more than 128Gb? I've had mine 2 years and I've never plugged it into my computer to move files and I've still got 30Gb left

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
So upload them to your PC then, are you flying the drone around for 2 hours at a time? 🤔
your clearly not in a world of social media ;)
i need access to the latest ones on my phone.

the gig i did the other day was 30gb of photos and videos, thats just a single gig. no i dont need all 30gb on my phone, but the final versions i do

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Not really.
I have nextcloud and it's absolutely free.
i have WD cloud storage ;)
which is great, but you still need to download to your phone before you can share on social media.

anyway, phone storage wise i wouldnt take anything less than 256. end of debate 🤣

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I'm not overly sure Samsung are too expensive either.

S24 ultras were going for sub £700, for a flagship phone that's cheap.

Didn't look at flip/folds, because only homs have them.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
So Samsung are cheaper than Google and oneplus, but too expensive? I've not checked what deals they're doing currently but a birthday code would make a £1250 phone £1062.

They usually do a trade in where you can send in a shitter, or they're doing cashback on some devices to lower the price further.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
So Samsung are cheaper than Google and oneplus, but too expensive? I've not checked what deals they're doing currently but a birthday code would make a £1250 phone £1062.

They usually do a trade in where you can send in a shitter, or they're doing cashback on some devices to lower the price further.
but you arent comparing folding phones, you said the s23.

all the ones above i posted are folding phones, from memory the z5 fold is £1700

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
but you arent comparing folding phones, you said the s23.

all the ones above i posted are folding phones, from memory the z5 fold is £1700
You said £1250, I thought that's what you were referencing.
I'm not bothering to check the prices.

At £1700 you have 15% birthday code taking it to £1445 less any further discounts, if which they're are often many.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
am considering a new phone and if i do i really want a folding phone. im not willing to pay anymore than £50 a month for a max of two years.

honor magic v2 looks really good and honor has a cracking offer on at the moment. think it works out the cheapest, but the phone isnt in any way splash proof.
£1170 plus you get a £350 honor tablet for just a pound. which one of the kids can have.

google pixel fold gets some very good reviews and is splash proof. google also has a pretty decent offer on at the moment
£1319, sadly you dont get many freebies and google charge £65 for a rubber case for the phone

also considered the oneplus open which is £1300 and again no major freebies.

ive ruled samsung out as they are to expensive.

decisions decisions
It's fair to say the one plus has been one of the best. I would rather credit card/paypal a fold 5 due to it's flexibility in apps etc. Pixel still doesn't even have app pairing and weighs a ton... And I like a pixel fold.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What the f**k are you doing with your phone that requires more than 128Gb? I've had mine 2 years and I've never plugged it into my computer to move files and I've still got 30Gb left
I remember watching a guy with a poor signal trying to show me something on his iCloud. I'll take looking at my own pictures offline please. Anytime I want. Absolutely madness relying on an internet signal to look at pictures you have taken personally!

Screenshot_20240626_222658_Settings.jpg

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I remember watching a guy with a poor signal trying to show me something on his iCloud. I'll take looking at my own pictures offline please. Anytime I want. Absolutely madness relying on an internet signal to look at pictures you have taken personally!

View attachment 1698989
I don't even use cloud storage at home, let alone on a mobile device. I need my 7-8 thousand memes and reaction images ready to go immediately 🤣

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Amazon have the Z fold 5 for just north of £1,150, with & 200 cashback

That's £950, still too expensive?
Or must it be bought from the oem too?

As I've said on here countless times, if you pay RRP for a Samsung, youre being ripped off.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
No problem, happy to help save you £800
just placed an order on amazon, arriving tomorrow.

did pay monthly over 12 months, rather than 24 months in the end. £96 a month, 0% interest. phone total with cash back is £955

i believe i can do the cashback once the phone arrives, shame you cant use the cashback to pay some of the phone off.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Yes, then it's payable after 45 days, but it's usually 50 days.

You can just pay it against the credit agreement then, but they sound very much like poor people problems.