ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

2014 Focus Titanium
I wonder if it's an indication that the nexus 6 will be priced a little lower than thought? Maybe £449? I'm probably being too optimistic tbh!

2014 Focus Titanium
Yeah I think I might have been delusional when I wrote that, but I am hoping for £479 because Google tend to like their £*79 prices.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
2 quick updates battery wise. It uses zero percent during the night which impressed me.
Following was Bluetooth, car calls and possibly 15 song downloads plus some apps.

81f813dea9e01102bf1e82607f3479ba.jpg

9ef092b38ef0433d44261055e6c2ee98.jpg

2014 Focus Titanium
That's pretty impressive Gally! I wonder how long the battery would last with average usage (say about 2 hours of screen time per day), if it lasted 2-3 days then I'd be blown away.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
The notes 4 battery is really good mine would last a couple of days easy if I wasn't watching show box all the time lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Still 13% left and 2 different power saving modes if you're desperate. Impressed so far!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
4G speeds. Peaked at 40mbps at one point then settled! Insane!

a4688ee5a16b4eafd198da38ff915c54.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Vodafone do massive amounts.

Why would it eat up data? It's just the speed mate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well it's used 198mb in a week. Done about 10 speedtest in different places.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
That 4g speed is dismal, I had 64.97mb download and 23.56 upload.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I stay rural for 4G. I'm about 20 miles from 4G central area.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I love it. It definitely needs tweaking out the box imo.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I imagine that used a lot of your data, iirc do any providers do sensible amounts of 4G data yet or is it still like 1 or 2gb?
EE do 50Gb now I think, you pay out your arse for it though. I had 8Gb last year but have now dropped to 4Gb.

Mini JCW
So my contract expires next month and my S3 can finally be binned - the worse phone i've owned to date, especially with the 4.3.3 OS. Needs two batteries a day and now ridiculously laggy, slow, unresponsive.
So my choices are :

iPhone 6 128gb - I have a MB running Yosemite OS X so the integration would be nice, the downside being the OS seems very simplistic and the tech specs are underwhelming.
Sony Xperia Z3 - Great battery life / screen / waterproof, PS4 gaming and can be had free on contract for £23 a month, a significant saving for me and more than enough data / texts / calls. Downside being it will be superseded in the not too distant future - not ideal on a 24 month contract.
Google Nexus 6 - Top hardware specs, vanilla android (though never used this), screen real estate. Downsides being having to purchase the handset outright, the overall dimensions as it verges on phablet territory.

MB integration isn't too much of a loss as I use AirDroid currently anyway which suffices.

Thoughts on the 3 (albeit very different) options?

Z3 would seem to fit your needs most from the post, but hard to say.

Have you considered the OPO? I know I constantly refer to it, but there's a reason for that (though it is quite big too) - but the upside is the price.

The N6 would be the best android experience, but can you live with the size? Z3 seems to get good reviews, in terms of being outdated, it happens with all phones. Either get that now or wait 6 months and get something new at the time. That will be outdated within a year anyway.

Mini JCW
The Z3 does seem to tick all the boxes, but the thought of the N6 being cutting edge (never been in the position with when my contract expires to have this) appeals to me.

Anything that doesn't possess the horrific Samsung bloatware overlaying Android OS is a plus!

Regarding the size, I was looking at getting an iPad Mini for general use, but if the N6 can go someway to negating this then that's another big plus!

2014 Focus Titanium
Why does the Nexus 6 have to be bought outright? It will be available on decent contracts, similar sort of price to the Z3.

2014 Focus Titanium
Aye confirmed prices now up.

A steep increase from the Nexus 5 but compared to other flagship phones it's still decent money, but no compromises this time like the two previous Nexus phones (camera, battery, possibly build quality).

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I need to see a nexus 6 in real life to see how big it is. If it's similar to a 6+ I maybe convinced. Otherwise the Moto X looks a good alternative