ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

2014 Focus Titanium
I've heard that so many times and while I agree 95% of the time it's true. I'm in the other 5%, i'm probably one of the biggest tech geeks going, i'm always tinkering with electronics, cars, just technology etc in general. I have tried three times not to make the switch from an iPhone and 3 times i've come back. I just can't gel with the Android OS, first time was around a month before I got annoyed with it and went back, second time about a week and third time a day. I'm not trying again haha.

Completely fair point dude, we all like what we like!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
For me sometimes it relates to getting previously burned with an OS. It's the same with me and Macs... I love Apple but I will never own OS X. When I was at school I just thought the Mac OS (whatever it was at the time) was awful, no eject button on floppy drives and only one button on the mouse!? I fell in love with Windows 95 when it first came out and my fanboyism has only grown since then lol.

With Android, the first few times I tried it (HTC Desire and a couple of Samsung phones) everything lagged so badly and the screens just looked awful compared to the Retina Display... after that I just couldn't be bothered to try any more, although I think my girlfriend's new Z3 Compact is rather nice.

I use all different brands though... Microsoft for my OS, Google for my browser, Apple for my phone, Sony for my console etc. :smile:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah sorry. Emma is due her upgrade as the S6 is released, usually around the same time every time like the S5.

The N4 specs future proof it slightly which I like.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I borrowed a note 3 off one of my employees. It's actually really good.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I can't handle android. You are constantly messing with it. I just can't get on with it, apps never stay still and there are just too many options that are unnecessary.

Only thing I liked was the Spotify integration and the dialer.

1 week of it and I'm out.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's not true though. All my apps have never moved and once set up I haven't messed with anything. Nova launcher is just so good.

Loads of options. I left most alone.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Horses for courses.

I had a HTC desire and thought I would go back but I just found it annoying.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
^
Lol! Nothing moves? Anyway, it doesn't suit everyone. Some people just prefer fisher price.

Oh and I'm part of the phablet club. Got a Note 4 last night.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
^
Lol! Nothing moves? Anyway, it doesn't suit everyone. Some people just prefer fisher price.

Oh and I'm part of the phablet club. Got a Note 4 last night.
Hero! Black or White?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So I had managed to avoid buying a nexus 6 as none of my friends had one so I didn't care. Now someone in the office has ordered a 32GB one so I have ordered the 64GB one. Can't wait.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Without using one i'd written it off due to size. After, I didn't. I must admit even when I got home I thought is this too big? Hour later it's fantastic and love the thing.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's the slimness that deceives the screen size imo. You can't buy an S5 now, been out for ages! The specs on the Note 4 are almost futurepoof for 18 months.

Oh and the S5 is made of plastic, the N4 is made of metal. It's the only reason I even looked at Samsung after being Apple for years.

Everytime I pick up a smaller phone now I struggle to use it. Crazy how quickly you get used to the big screen.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The note is much nicer to hold and is nice and slim compared to anything else of similar size.The screen is ridiculously clear and the multitasking function is really good.

I found it too easy for the apps to be moved around on android. I don't understand as it's the same process as moving apps on iOS. Sometimes when I went back to it the apps had moved to the next screen. Also when your on the phone it was annoying that the screen was accessible and apps would open up etc.

I've had a good old play with it and I'm a heavy user and was really busy with work this week and android is a pain in ass for me.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That was a note3 though Riz? Old software etc. Also my screen locks when held to ear like an iPhone?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've literally never experienced any of that. When on a call, screen goes black and no apps are accessible.
Ditto apps moving, never had that, and I'm on a much smaller screen which should make it more of an issue.
Don't like Samsung products though. Software on my Samsung tablet feels a generation behind my phone. Noticeable lag.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
So you both recommend note 4 will need to see how easy it sits in my pocket. Cheers :)

I've gone back to a 5s and its tiny. I wear a suit all day and my phone sits on my desk and when I go out I put it in my top pocket rather than my trouser one. After 24 hours the size didn't bother me.

2014 Focus Titanium
Also when your on the phone it was annoying that the screen was accessible and apps would open up etc.
That's really weird, all the android phones I've had have had the sensor that blacks the screen when it's near your ear. Maybe yours had a fault, who knows!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lol both my Note 4 and Nexus 5 came off charge the same time this morning. Nexus has hardly been used and the Note is in it's honey moon period.
Note has 89% battery remaining, the Nexus 63%.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't even take notice of my battery anymore. It's never been close to running out and some days can be heavy use with maps etc. Very impressive coming from an iPhone 5 that was poor.

One of the reviews for the note i read was that is can last a week on standby mode pretty impressive as my phone wont last one night if it isnt charged haha

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I'm currently deciding betweem the note and the S5. Going to the shop later to see how big the note is in person!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Why would anyone consider an S5 now? It's practically ancient in Mobile phone terms.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Why would anyone consider an S5 now? It's practically ancient in Mobile phone terms.
Probably because the only time I look at phones is when I'm due for an upgrade... if the note is ok size wise I'll go for it.

I went to the shop today found out I have to wait 16 days to upgrade :( I did feel the note was just a bit too big. I have big hands but I don't see myself texting with one hand comfortably. As with the S5 it felt perfect. The one I was looking a had a black leather/rubber back felt good. I am pretty much made up on the S5 thanks for everyone s advice though :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have a look at the Z3/Z3 compact over any Samsung tbh. Not as much bloatware either and it's a good 6 months newer iirc.