ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What a faff. Anyway the deal

Z3 Compact in Black, EE dont do Orange, oddly.
Free phone
Unlimited calls/txts
4gb data
£27.19 p/m after my loyalty discount.

Winner.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else get the 'the phone is property of ee for the first six months into the contract, so you can't sell it'

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My missus just picked up the Z3 Compact too yesterday. She got it through Carphone Warehouse as they gave (an instant) £95 cashback which was nice but she is paying £38 p/m for the same deal as you! So overall worse... they did however manage to get her the green version on EE which looks spanking imo.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I would have liked any of the colours, orange being my first choice. But I always put a flip case on so I guess it's pretty meh. I had to go all the way through to resolution before they gave me the deal. Some of the clowns I spoke to :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Seems a good deal. I was sort of tempted by the six but fancied a change. Sister has the six and loves it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I would have liked any of the colours, orange being my first choice. But I always put a flip case on so I guess it's pretty meh. I had to go all the way through to resolution before they gave me the deal. Some of the clowns I spoke to 😧

That's cool.

I'm one of 'those' people :wink: that just can't ever have a case... the missus wanted to get one at first but now says she likes the colour too much lol yay.

It's a really nice phone actually, best Android I've used (never been a fan of Samsung's smartphones tbh) just looking forward to getting Lollipop on it now, am led to believe it's coming before February?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure mate. Ive not managed to use the phone, well a bit but not properly as my replacement sim hasnt been activated. Got told it would take 30 mins or upto 24 hrs. Im still waiting :(

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
That's weird my new EE SIM registered the second it was entered into my phone... I'd give them a call mate (or try Twitter where they're usually responsive)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Try using a smaller screen after it! Cannot do it! I love this thing! It needs set up properly imo as out the box it's annoying but a day later I was sorted.

Screen still blows my mind. Used my brothers iPhone 6 again a lot over Christmas and couldn't wait to get back to mine. That to me says a lot and i'm an apple fan.

If other new phones had better spec camera wise etc I'd have avoided Samsung but the spec is still insane. Looking forward to seeing the G4 or new HTC "M9"

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Try using a smaller screen after it! Cannot do it! I love this thing! It needs set up properly imo as out the box it's annoying but a day later I was sorted.

Screen still blows my mind. Used my brothers iPhone 6 again a lot over Christmas and couldn't wait to get back to mine. That to me says a lot and i'm an apple fan.

If other new phones had better spec camera wise etc I'd have avoided Samsung but the spec is still insane. Looking forward to seeing the G4 or new HTC "M9"
I'm the opposite. After having a bigger screen so happy I went for the compact option. Had a good go on a note. Screen is brilliant. But way too big for me.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Onk had the z3 a few days but love it. It takes a bit of getting used to after the iPhone. Loving the battery, country mile better.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Onk had the z3 a few days but love it. It takes a bit of getting used to after the iPhone. Loving the battery, country mile better.

It's a country mile better than my old Samsung too . The battery life is amazing :smile:

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Finally managed to get a decent run of battery testing over the christmas period on the Nexus 6. Mainly web browsing, youtube and listening / streaming music to my bluetooth speaker. Fairly happy with the life for my usage and general performance. Note 4 definitely has a more efficient panel.

2014-12-31%2017.27.05.png

2014-12-31%2017.27.14.png

2014-12-31%2017.30.23.png

2014-12-31%2017.27.23.png

2015-01-03%2023.35.46.png

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The 6 is lovely. Prefer the Moto X in hand, its the near perfect Andriod phone at the mo. Shame the camera is so diabolical.

2014 Focus Titanium
Finally managed to get a decent run of battery testing over the christmas period on the Nexus 6. Mainly web browsing, youtube and listening / streaming music to my bluetooth speaker. Fairly happy with the life for my usage and general performance. Note 4 definitely has a more efficient panel.

2014-12-31%2017.27.23.png
5 hours screen on time is fantastic, I'd be well chuffed with that! I'm used to half that with my Nexus 5.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I had a play with a note edge today in the Samsung store. Great phone but not so sure on the side function tbh.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Decided after a couple of weeks to return the phone. It's good but I miss the ease of the iPhone. only issue is that i have to return the phone and then ring after a couple of days to discuss a replacement contract. Will get the six if it's not ridiculous money. 33pm with my current freebies would do me

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
So you are going from the z3 to the iPhone 6 now? I have the 6 for work and it's alright but not a patch on the Sony IMO. But if you've always had an iPhone until the z3 you'll probably love it.
My Mrs got the z3 compact and the 6 (work) around the same time and she hates using the 6

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My missus said the other day that the Z3 is her favourite phone ever now... and she's had them all from iOS to Windows Phone to Android. Said she's even considering selling her iPad as she just prefers using the phone now! Which seems a bit mad, but there you go. To be fair I'd say it was the best phone I've ever used 'after' the iPhone of course :wink: it's a shame it's taking so long to get Lollipop.

Can't believe she still puts it face down on tables etc. been trying to get her out of that habit for years.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know how to do this. I'm sending my phone back 100% decided. when I return the phone to ee all I will have is the sim card. What do I do to save all my contacts /messages/pics etc?. I will be putting the sim back into an iPhone when it comes back next week. Cheers guys

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The 6 is lovely. Prefer the Moto X in hand, its the near perfect Andriod phone at the mo. Shame the camera is so diabolical.

Where did you touch it? That's what I want but I can't find it anywhere.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I need to wait till my contract finishes and work will pay for any contract.

I was tempted by it as the Nexus 6 is a bit big and I don't like Samsungs. I'm sure I would get used to the size of it but not sure what the nexus would be like on my dash.

Both phones aren't in any local phone stores. Not exactly great work by their advertising/marketing depts.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's very useful at times but you don't discount a phone due to the extras they give you. You'd forget it was there anyway.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Oh I'm not, I just mentioned it.

I like the way the Note doesn't feel big in your hand. It's actually pretty slim.

If I could see a nexus 6/moto x and this together it would make my decision easier.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah getting a feel for them is important. Why don't they offer them to resellers?