ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
My Experia z3 will be winging its way back too ee tomo. Its a great phone no doubt but i miss the iphone (sad i know, maybe).

Anyone gone from a nexus 5 to a Z3c does it solve the sub standard sound out put from the speakers & headphone output ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
What a palava. I ring EE to speak to someone in 'Upgrades'.

Me- Oh hi sent my upgrade phone back yesterday so ringing up to organise a phone. I tell him the phone i want
Him-Yeah no probs that will be £169 contribution for the phone (5s).
Me- Er nope.
Him- What about £89?
Me- Ffs, i want to speak to someone else please.
Him- Ok.

New guy- Hi, i believe you want the iphone 5s?
Me- Yep at the same deal as the experia please.
New guy- Well there will be a contribution of £50.
Me- Oh Ffs, really!!
New guy- Yeah it's because the phone is dearer.
Me- No its not. The experia z3 compact is dearer and i paid £0 for that.
New guy- Yeah but this a different deal. What about £30 contribution??
Me- What about you ring me back in work offering me what i want or i leave EE.

Half an hour later he rings and i'm getting the 5s in Space Grey tomo @£27 a month with unlimited calls/txts and 4gb of date. Oh and no cost for the phone :)

Campus Sport 1.2
Got an iPhone 5 but getting bored as I've made my way through the apple series. Any serious contender for non-apple upgrades or just play safe with the iPhone 6?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trolling? There are many if you are happy to make the switch. It's really only a question you can answer.

Campus Sport 1.2
Trolling? There are many if you are happy to make the switch. It's really only a question you can answer.
No not trolling, just never really thought about changing. I like the look of google nexus but I cant tell what's a good phone and what isn't. I already have a sim only plan so only need the handset.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
No not trolling, just never really thought about changing. I like the look of google nexus but I cant tell what's a good phone and what isn't. I already have a sim only plan so only need the handset.
From that I'd say to stick with Apple. Android is great if you want to play about. If you just want a phone and don't really know what's good or bad, stick with Apple imo.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Depends how invested you are in the Apple ecosystem.
Do you use Facetime? iMessage? if you do then you'll miss them when they are gone.
6/6+ still the two best phones out there.

Campus Sport 1.2
From that I'd say to stick with Apple. Android is great if you want to play about. If you just want a phone and don't really know what's good or bad, stick with Apple imo.
Sorry, by that I mean because of all the different handsets that have android os, I wouldn't know where to start. I suppose sticking with apple would be an easier option though ahah :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I meant overall. There a phones that may differ in spec or are cheaper in price but none do a better job overall.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What? Its true. Industry agrees.
This nexus 6 is nice tho. Shame its f**king huge.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I meant overall. There a phones that may differ in spec or are cheaper in price but none do a better job overall.
Surely you said yourself, it depends how invested you are with Apple. I can't say i've missed my iPhone once and I don't even have the best alternative.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Credible tech industry media.
There is no better all rounder. And i'm talking mass market here not P.L.M.S.

Don't get all defensive. I'm not making it up.

Tbh, if Apple said you could get the latest features by setting your face on fire and dancing on your roof at the same time, I'd not be surprised if...

Anyway, tis what it is, people have preferences. Am ooot.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Credible tech industry media.
There is no better all rounder. And i'm talking mass market here not P.L.M.S.

Don't get all defensive. I'm not making it up.
Mass market, you're probably right.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Who is them? Every report I see never has the iphone as the best smartphone. Or are we just saying just because the Ford Focus is the most popular car on the road it's the best?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Just recieved my new iPhone 5s, didn't want the six as I find it too big. After owning a z3 compact for a couple of weeks I've missed the iPhone. The z3 is quicker interweb but overall so glad I made the move back

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Apple v android is as tedious as civic v clio. Each to their own, anyone saying one is factually better than the other, is refusing to acknowledge that other people have different needs. Every single app I use regularly functions better on android. I'm sure there are apps that function better on iPhone. Irrelevant to someone that doesn't use them.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I agree bar the apps, any time I have used an Android I have found the apps quite poor in comparison to their iOS counterpart. But then again I don't know what apps you use [emoji6] Just my personal experience.

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I agree bar the apps, any time I have used an Android I have found the apps quite poor in comparison to their iOS counterpart. But then again I don't know what apps you use [emoji6] Just my personal experience.
Main ones are Google based (yt etc), tomtom, Internet and Spotify. That's 95% of my usage

2014 Focus Titanium
Iphones are still the most popular in the market because they're the easiest to use. There is absolutely no come back from this in any way shape or form. But being simple to use doesn't make it the best in fact for most of us who jumped ship the limitations of this ease of use just became annoying.

Take my family as an example: I'm the only person in my family without an iPhone. That's because I have 3 sisters who know nothing about technology and two parents that s**t themselves every time they touch something electrical. They all love their Iphones and I wouldn't recommend anything else for any of them.
However, to say they are the best phone bar none is a) purely subjective to you, and b) just stupid.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Shiiiiit. I was literally about to order a N4.

I've been happy for a year with my 5s. Thinking about waiting one month for a different phone seems ages. Not sure if I could last till mid March....

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Iphones are still the most popular in the market because they're the easiest to use. There is absolutely no come back from this in any way shape or form. But being simple to use doesn't make it the best in fact for most of us who jumped ship the limitations of this ease of use just became annoying.

Take my family as an example: I'm the only person in my family without an iPhone. That's because I have 3 sisters who know nothing about technology and two parents that s**t themselves every time they touch something electrical. They all love their Iphones and I wouldn't recommend anything else for any of them.
However, to say they are the best phone bar none is a) purely subjective to you, and b) just stupid.

I've heard that so many times and while I agree 95% of the time it's true. I'm in the other 5%, i'm probably one of the biggest tech geeks going, i'm always tinkering with electronics, cars, just technology etc in general. I have tried three times not to make the switch from an iPhone and 3 times i've come back. I just can't gel with the Android OS, first time was around a month before I got annoyed with it and went back, second time about a week and third time a day. I'm not trying again haha.

Or you have a family of hipsters :D