ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I think the Z3 will be perfect for me tbh. It's not the best phone out there but I think I'd probably appreciate a decent camera, 5.2 and decent battery. My work mate has a Z2 and it's great. Feels premium too.

I read it was supposed to be out 1/10 but doesn't look like that now.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Think the wife is getting the z3 compact tonight after work. Should be a decent size for her and the majority of the parts are the same as the full size model.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Isn't the battery currently testng the best of any smartphone on the Z3, very impressive. It's the shape I wasn't sure about, Z2 didn't feel as nice as the G3/M8.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't the battery currently testng the best of any smartphone on the Z3, very impressive. It's the shape I wasn't sure about, Z2 didn't feel as nice as the G3/M8.

Guy at work has seen 3 days out of his and he uses it. I do agree the G3 does feel nicer in the hand but this is thinner, lighter etc so we'll see.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I imagine it won't feel the same as a Z2, I think I was basing it on the sheer look of it being Z2 copy. Look forward to seeing it in store. I played with the Z2 in anticipation of the Z3 but it never felt as responsive as the others. Just a quick opinion formed.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know why there was chat about Snapdragon 805 and Exynos 5433 being in the Note4?

All the main chat has been about the 805 but i've read a fews things on the other one. I'm not tech savvy enough to know if this is normal! :(

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
They are doing two models, one with each chip. From a review page...

GALAXY NOTE 4 PERFORMANCE
There was never any doubt that the Note 4 would be a powerful handset, but Samsung has delivered with not one but two different high-powered models. The first uses Samsung's own Exynos 5433 octa-core CPU, with four cores running at 1.9GHz and four cores running at 1.3GHz, while the other handset uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 quad-core chip - making it the first Android handset to do so. It runs at a massive 2.7GHz, blitzing the SunSpider Javascript benchmark in around 360ms.

The other major difference between the two handsets is the intenal modem. The Qualcomm model uses the faster Category 6 LTE modem, while the Exynos model has to make do with the slower Category 4 LTE.

Full review here
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobi...note-4-release-date-price-and-specs-confirmed

Edit again... Turns out that the specs will vary depending on country. Not sure what the UK will be getting.

Iirc I think it depends on region, there's been a few times where different continents (usually) had different CPUs.

Octacore vs quadcore is a good example above!

I'd expect it to be the Snapdragon tbh, it was the quad we had previously when there was choice.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'd expect it to be the 805. Seems common, but on one bench test it mentioned Europe would get the opposite. Weird.

They said that last time though too, and it wasn't the case :)

Iirc just the JDM got the Octocore last time too (think it was S4).

Tbh, the Snapdragon would be better anyway, so best of luck :"]

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It could be an 800 and I couldn't tell the difference but I like to educate. :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They said that last time though too, and it wasn't the case :)

Iirc just the JDM got the Octocore last time too (think it was S4).

Tbh, the Snapdragon would be better anyway, so best of luck :"]

KDM?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
KDM I imagine.

I see carphone warehouse offering pre orders but no one else. That normal? I know it's still 2 weeks away.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
What's the script with the xeperia z3, not worth it due to the quick turn around of flagship models from Sony?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Looks to be a very good phone but they are releasing every 6 months which might concern a few people.
Mrs is waiting for the z3 compact to come in. Think it's in store Monday.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well, I went with a Z3 in gay boy white.

15387353961_37c573345b_c.png
IMG_20140927_131648 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

15203942618_9bcc65f555_c.png
IMG_20140927_131652 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sexy. It looked a lot thinner than I thought it would be. What did you have before Tom?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a Nexus 5 which is great tbh but just fancied a change, better battery and a better camera. Just fully charged it and it's showing 3 days 7 hours remaining..lol.

It's certainly not ground breaking but will suit me just fine. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I liked the M8, felt great and nice to use, those speaker holes kept grabbing my eye. Hoping the next one will look better.

Enjoy Tom, battery life as I said is supposed to be insane.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I liked the M8, felt great and nice to use, those speaker holes kept grabbing my eye. Hoping the next one will look better.

Enjoy Tom, battery life as I said is supposed to be insane.

Funny thing is the mrs wants to swap it with her iphone 6..lol

Oh and 128GB micro SD ordered. :cool:

I must admit that was one thing I never understood with the M8 (which is why I got an S4 instead of it), was the camera - why they put such a low one in in the first place I don't know. Nice they're updating though - looks to be a bit of a refresh from them then rather than any new models?

Must admit, loving my OPO still - been playing around on this custom ROM for a week now and it's brilliant, used 2% battery in the night (8 hours), and reports of people getting 6-10 hours of screen time, or 5 days very light use/idle LOL!

Got a tempered glass screen protector for it - highly recommend them over the normal ones if you're thinking of getting a screen protector. I only got it as the screen left so many fingerprints, and this protector is way better. Plus, it's protected now too :] - it was also way easier to apply than the film ones, no bubbles at all, applied and I was done!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm never sure on thick screen guards, the seem to dent/mark easier than thin ones.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You either have massive hands, or that phone is smaller than I thought the Z3 is. How does it compare size wise to Nexus?

It's a nice size. I've not got massive hands but then I've not got little girls hands either..lol! I think it's perfect tbh. Nice to hold and about as big as anyone would want a phone tbh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf screen size is irrelevant these day when bezels are so slim. Note 4 is 5.7" but no bigger than some other phones, 6+ especially.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's got to a point where there are ballhairs in it measurement wise...

153.5 × 78.6 × 8.5mm - Note4

146 x 72 x 7.3mm - Z3

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Pre-orderd a Z3 today. EE getting are them on Wednesday, first phone in ages i'm excited for.

I really like the Nokia 930, but am holding fire to see what the next Nexus will be like.

I've had a Nexus 4 for just over 18 months now, and still really like it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pre-orderd a Z3 today. EE getting are them on Wednesday, first phone in ages i'm excited for.

Hat are you using just now?

Tom get some pics up from the Z3. Always love Sony cameras.