ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
New one plus 9... Anyone still a one plus owner?

20210208_195444.jpg

Ok got it set to stay unlocked on the house wifi and in the Clio. Set a night routine where if it is charging and between 10pm-6am it will activate DND, blue light filter, brightness to minimum and dark mode. Not sure what else I need but if this all works it should help a lot. Should have looked at this a long time ago (y)

Oneplus 9 is high up on my next phone list!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
No I've never used bixby really. I'll need to try that cheers.

My phone was on DND last night and a WhatsApp text lit up the edge lighting. Don't really understand that
Weird! I've certainly not seen any issues like that on the S21, so maybe they've managed to sort it with One UI 3.0.

Bixby in general is shite, but the routines side of it is brilliant. It's an 'if this then that' type thing but specifically for phone functions. Works really well.

Edit: should've refreshed the page before posting lol. Glad you've got at least one bit of it sorted!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Has anyone had experience of claiming their free gift from Samsung (for earphones or anything) on previous releases like the S20, and know how long it usually takes to receive them?

I claimed for my buds pro and the smart tag thing on release day last week and the claim only just got approved this morning and says it could be up to 45 days to get them now!

My ear buds pro and smart tag arrived on Saturday and my phone arrived yesterday. Previously my double charge pad arrived roughly 2 weeks are claiming it.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  09 astra 1.6 T
I can't remember if anyone else has the Oppo find X2 neo..

I'm having an issue with the screen, the colours seem to randomly go dull, say I'm scrolling through Facebook and someone's put a heart emoji, one second it will be red, but if I scroll up it goes slightly dull/grey, along with everything else. It will stay like that for a while then go back to normal, greens/reds/yellows just appear slightly grey, not just on Facebook it's anything I'm on.
I can't see anything in the settings to suggest its "optimising" everything. It's all set on one point e.g refresh rate, temperature. Colour mode is on vivid too. No "auto" mode

Anyone any idea?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. Poor colour choice. Cannot get on with the new sandstone Ali. Great piece of tech though. Bravo.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I have moved from a Huawei Mate 20 Pro to the S21 Ultra.
I missed the Huawei at first but am getting used to how big this phone is. The Huawei wasn't exactly tiny but it was thin and you can tell the difference.

I've never had a Samsung before either so hoping I like it and keep with the brand

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I have moved from a Huawei Mate 20 Pro to the S21 Ultra.
I missed the Huawei at first but am getting used to how big this phone is. The Huawei wasn't exactly tiny but it was thin and you can tell the difference.

I've never had a Samsung before either so hoping I like it and keep with the brand
Not a day goes by I don't consider getting rid of my S20[emoji23]

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I hated mine with a passion. I'm back using my HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro and it's significantly better (for my needs anyway). Camera is instant, finger print scanner on the back of the phone and battery life are all winners in my eyes.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
There was nothing wrong with my mate 20 Pro either. I just wanted to join the hype of the s21 by the looks of it

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Are the s20 that bad?!
It's just a bit glitchy and annoying. Things like android auto don't behave consistently on it, camera is slow to open, pixel 3 takes nicer images and focusses faster.

I'd like a pixel 5, but I like expandable storage. So either a OnePlus, or possible the Experia 5ii

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
They are a huge improvement now with the latest software to be fair, I'm due an upgrade to the S21 in a few weeks that I'll probably take though

Seat Ibiza FR
I can't remember if anyone else has the Oppo find X2 neo..

I'm having an issue with the screen, the colours seem to randomly go dull, say I'm scrolling through Facebook and someone's put a heart emoji, one second it will be red, but if I scroll up it goes slightly dull/grey, along with everything else. It will stay like that for a while then go back to normal, greens/reds/yellows just appear slightly grey, not just on Facebook it's anything I'm on.
I can't see anything in the settings to suggest its "optimising" everything. It's all set on one point e.g refresh rate, temperature. Colour mode is on vivid too. No "auto" mode

Anyone any idea?
I've got one but can't say I've had any issues to be honest.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
If anyone wants a OnePlus Nord happy to offload mine for a discount. Had it a few months now and want to replace it already for another pixel.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Was eyeing up the S20 Ultra as it's about for £750 now. Ended up ordering an S21 Ultra as it seems the S20 had a few flaws which were supposed to have been sorted with the S21. Had my S8+ nearly 4 years so should be a nice jump up. Hoping to get similar length of time from this upgrade.

Only downside is the lack of memory card slot going to take a while to transfer all my pictures over rather than just inserting the card. I currently have about 140gb of images and videos so hopefully the 256gb will last and I can always use the cloud for older stuff anyway.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Was eyeing up the S20 Ultra as it's about for £750 now. Ended up ordering an S21 Ultra as it seems the S20 had a few flaws which were supposed to have been sorted with the S21. Had my S8+ nearly 4 years so should be a nice jump up. Hoping to get similar length of time from this upgrade.

Only downside is the lack of memory card slot going to take a while to transfer all my pictures over rather than just inserting the card. I currently have about 140gb of images and videos so hopefully the 256gb will last and I can always use the cloud for older stuff anyway.
That smart switch app makes it so easy. I transferred over the contents of my S10 in about half an hour using WiFi although it was probably only half of what you have! Probably would be faster via cable connection though in fairness.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Even Emma's SD card material was copied over, she had over 150gb of stuff to take over the her 256gb. Rapid though.

I haven't fully embraced cloud storage yet...

Ok got it set to stay unlocked on the house wifi and in the Clio. Set a night routine where if it is charging and between 10pm-6am it will activate DND, blue light filter, brightness to minimum and dark mode. Not sure what else I need but if this all works it should help a lot. Should have looked at this a long time ago (y)

Oneplus 9 is high up on my next phone list!
Well it has worked for a while. But a couple of times it has left dark mode on past the schedule and today it was connected to my clio's bluetooth, yet didn't unlock the phone. So definitely not completely reliable.

The phone is on One UI 3.0 now

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Never had any issues at all with missing routine, Unless something conflicted.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It also won't show up as a USB device on my pc now. Just charges but I can't transfer files. Tried going in to the phones recovery menu by pressing Vol Up, Bixby and Power buttons. Nothing. Phone just starts as normal. Think it's fkd
What model do you have? It can be to do with the PC also and how it recognises the phone. My surface pro thinks my GB of pictures are bloody songs due to the amount of MP4 vids.

What model do you have? It can be to do with the PC also and how it recognises the phone. My surface pro thinks my GB of pictures are bloody songs due to the amount of MP4 vids.
S10. The PC sees it but device status in Device Manager shows an error. I've tried uninstalling it etc. Nothing shows up in This PC

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A request for the Microsoft OS container ID descriptor failed.

Mini Cooper S sport
Husband ordered the new Samsung S21 Ultra and hated it. Sent it back. It's too top-heavy because of all the cameras and it took crap pictures. He prefers his S10 Plus which takes better pictures and looks better.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No offence to the French bfg but he can't use the phone properly. The s21 Ultra has insane camera processing and sensors.

It's not the lightest but still lighter than a 12 pro max. The difference between the S10+ Emma had an the s21 U is night and day.

Just for a bit of balance. I'm not an S user but it's probably the best phone Samsung have ever made.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How can you possibly say that if you're not a user of it?

The S20 ultra was unbelievable on paper, but actually using it was a completely different story.
The S20 ultra was a bit shitty. My partner has had an s21 ultra since release day. I use the camera daily and done several tests. Rendering etc. It's a tremendous piece of tech. Don't listen to me, look at the reviews.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm 2 weeks into ownership on my S21 ultra now. I have became used to it now.
But, on the other hand, it just shows how good the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is/was for its time.
The camera on that Huawei was brilliant, granted I'm a noob user and just 'point and shoot' so to speak.

Battery life is decent. I'm typing this now and I'm on 23%. Taken off charge at 7:30 this morning and played a few hours of games on it and Spotify etc.
Battery on the Mate 20 Pro was great as well though even 2 years on.

I'm looking forward to getting the earbuds for it as I've not had a set of wireless earphones before and think they'll encourage me to use them more often, especially when car cleaning.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've had zero issues with my S21 Ultra since launch day. Granted, I don't have much to compare against coming from an S10 previously but I've found it very good so far.

Camera is great from what I've used of it so far. Night photography is really good on it and the zoom is great too. It's not as quick to focus as some phones in certain situations (gf's iPhone is 100% quicker to take photos) but that's probably software related and could potentially be sorted down the line.

The battery is unbelievable tbh, I've never had better on any phone before. Got just shy of 10 hours screen on time during the week. Lasted me like 2 and a bit days without charging with fairly regular use.

It's felt like a huge step up from my S10 but that's to be expected. Camera is good, battery is good, display quality is fantastic. It's got plenty customisation which is nice to see Samsung allowing more of now too. Lack of SD card isn't bothering me so far, neither is the lack of audio jack but WFH has lots to answer for there. Had I been in the office it would've pissed me off massively as my current Bluetooth Bose earphones leak loads of sound which is useless in a quiet office. Looking forward to seeing what the galaxy buds are like when they (eventually) arrive though!

On saying that, had I bought outright and paid the best part of £1300 for it, I think I'd be slightly disappointed. I mean, it's a really good phone, but I don't see what's SO good that it should be so expensive. I got a good deal on a contract though, and with that I'm over the moon with it.

Edit: that turned into a right rant 😂 hopefully it serves as a reasonable review for someone lol.