ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
What do you guys think?
S20 or OnePlus 8 Pro?

Tempted to stray away from Samsung for a cleaner Android experience. Cost isn't an issue as work pay for it.
I prefer the s20, the camera is a bit better, and it doesn't have as much edge curve to the screen.

The deals on that site don't make any sense 😕

So yours is £35/m, £75 upfront 90gb

But if you pay £35/m, £127 upfront the data drops to 15gb ?

Or if you really need to throw some money away...

£38/m, £150 upfront 90gb

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
The deals on that site don't make any sense 😕

So yours is £35/m, £75 upfront 90gb

But if you pay £35/m, £127 upfront the data drops to 15gb ?

Or if you really need to throw some money away...

£38/m, £150 upfront 90gb
I thought that mate, wasnt sure if it was a typo, but the deal has been accepted and my phone has heen dispatched, so we will see.

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
3D6A0B17-58C0-4167-BC3C-188337349A86.png

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Samsungs Line up is crazy. They are all very similar just different sizes!?!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Not a bad deal that. Yeah it's the S20+ that's the 5g. I wouldn't mind I can only get 5g outside aldi. Which is 5 minutes from my house 😂

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Not a bad deal that. Yeah it's the S20+ that's the 5g. I wouldn't mind I can only get 5g outside aldi. Which is 5 minutes from my house 😂
This is one of the reasons i am not bothered about 5g at the moment, i think it's going to be hit and miss for a good while yet.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
The only issues I've had with my 8 Pro is the curve is too defined so warps text at the very edge on certain apps. And you can't turn the notification volume down independently of the ring volume, lots of people have requested the feature to be reinstated, so hopefully it turns up in an update.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yea mate, it will more than do me....[emoji1360]
What do you think of it? Compared to my year old OnePlus 7, the battery and fingerprint reader are massively disappointing. Camera is a better though, maybe. Prefer the slightly smaller footprint as well. Much prefer using the OnePlus overall, it's just faster.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Just been to look at phones and I’m going to get the OnePlus Nord next weekend. I looked at the 8 Pro and I’m not a fan of curved edges on screens and far from a heavy user.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Was the iPhone just not a consideration? Just curious

I’ve got an iPhone XS at the moment and I don’t want to pay stupid monthly prices anymore. I could get an SE but I don’t want the same screen I had 4 year’s ago.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Okie dokie. How do you find the XS?. I'm probably going for the 11 at 40 p/m. May hold for the 12 to see if prices drop.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
The XS has been great, still is tbh. I’m due an upgrade next Saturday and my lad will be having it.

I know a few people with the 11 and it’s another decent phone, I don’t think the screen is as good as the XS or 11 Pro though.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
What do you think of it? Compared to my year old OnePlus 7, the battery and fingerprint reader are massively disappointing. Camera is a better though, maybe. Prefer the slightly smaller footprint as well. Much prefer using the OnePlus overall, it's just faster.

I have only ever had samsungs really mate, so not alot to compare it to, but seems good to me, slick quick and battery is okish, not messed much with the camera yet.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The XS has been great, still is tbh. I’m due an upgrade next Saturday and my lad will be having it.

I know a few people with the 11 and it’s another decent phone, I don’t think the screen is as good as the XS or 11 Pro though.
The XS and XR are still great phones. My daughter has had her xr for a couple of years now but it's still very good.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Can anyone explain why on my galaxy S20, there are contacts I can access through the contacts app, that don't show as contacts when I open the phone app? @gally ?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i do miss the LED notification light on my S8, so easy to see if you had missed a message without having to open the phone up, the S20 doesn't have it.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I have downloaded aodnotify, with a bit dicking about, i now have a led ring that pulses round the front camera when i get a notification, only thing is the clock comes on as well so not sure of the battery impact, but it works okish.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
What other flagship phones are good at the moment then? I'm wanting to sack off this S20 ultra (something i've never done a few months into a phone contract)

Are there any flagships with a finger print scanner on the back?

I got some trivial comments the other day when posting in the S20 group on facebook. So many people were telling me its the user and not the camera however I had the phone on auto mode and it managed to take this photo. I have had flagship phones since the start of Uni (2009) so I am well versed in how they should or should not take a photo lol

It's a shame as some pictures, generally, can be relatively decent but the lack of consistency is something that is a major gripe especially when you potentially have one moment to take it. Having to understand and accept that the photo may be blurry 70% of the time is something that is quite frankly embarrassing.

I always end up on a bit of a rant but as a Yorkshire man I love to get my monies worth out of everything.

Low and behold, the blurry cow

20200820_203449.jpg