ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I'm massively under impressed with my "flagship" s20 ultra.

Battery isn't great
Camera isn't great and focusing takes forever
Finger print scanner is still a bag of w**k and in the wrong place.

Can't believe I'm paying £63 a month for it. Gonna stick it up for sale I reckon
although mines only the 5g version, totally agree.

camera is ok, no issues there. but fingerprint scanner doesn't recognise my finger 50% of the time, so I have to type code in.

battery is poo ive decided.

so should have stuck to an Xperia.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Eh! Are you guys new to phones? It's takes 2 seconds to set your power button to turn on and off the phone?

Bixby routines means when you do one thing another happens.

Jump in the car, connects automatically and opens Spotify auto. Without touching the phone.

Walk in the house from work and you can set it to automatically turn on WiFi. Set volume. Do not disturb. All without even touching your phone. It's incredible.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Eh! Are you guys new to phones? It's takes 2 seconds to set your power button to turn on and off the phone?

Jump in the car, connects automatically and opens Spotify auto. Without touching the phone.

Walk in the house from work and you can set it to automatically turn on WiFi. Set volume. Do not disturb. All without even touching your phone. It's incredible.
you have to set the power button up to turn the phone off. how f**king w**k!!!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

Ohhhh didn't know you had to set that up! My old phone used that automatically.

My phone auto connects via Spotify without using bixby routines

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I can't remember what the power button usually does but having everything on the left is the best thing that ever happened to the note line up! Anyway. I press and hold mine to turn on and off.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still amazed my phone can run a 1tb micro SD card. I've have 4k video and pictures coming out my ears!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Fingerprint sensor is w**k, annoys the life out me

Camera is a lot better now that It was on release after constant updates

Battery is fine on mine, easily get all day out it with moderate to heavy use

I do miss my P20 Pro though [emoji1787]

I wouldn't replace it with another Samsung, Oneplus or Pixel next I recon

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Gonna put the phone up for sale next week. Its really pissing me off. Tried 4 times to take a picture and the auto focus is a bag of w**k

Never ever had an issue like this on my HTC one m8, Huawei mate 10 Pro or LG g2 and LG g4
20200718_163456.jpg

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Gonna put the phone up for sale next week. Its really pissing me off. Tried 4 times to take a picture and the auto focus is a bag of w**k

Never ever had an issue like this on my HTC one m8, Huawei mate 10 Pro or LG g2 and LG g4View attachment 1486283

Is the camera different on the ultra to the s20+?
I've not had any problems.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I definitely think that desire to get that 100x zoom crap killed some components and definitely affected software processing and etc.

My Note10+ smashes pictures. Just point and click, they should have built on that. The note 20 is taking a step back from the S20 stuff to make sure it's perfect.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Must have knocked the power and volume button while my phone was in my pocket yesterday. Went to use it and it was on a black Google screen, with just the logo and a progress bar.
Had to factory reset it eventually as it wouldn't turn off, just rebooting to a loop. Managed to get it into recovery mode eventually.

Pain in the arse sorting the phone again as I hadn't backed up some things, Nova backup was quite old too and I've lost 300 levels progress on a pool game 😂

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Was thinking about an S20, but i am getting put off a bit now, P30 Pro looks good, but Huwei worry me....well it worries me they may get blocked of banned in this country.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
The OnePlus Nord looks to be a decent budget phone. Good screen and camera with 5G capabilities too.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah checked that earlier. Looks a good one for the wife to get if she goes SIM free rather than a contract.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It all upto date?

Can't say I've noticed mine being that bad with autofocus although I've not been using it as much since I got another dslr [emoji1787]
Yeah it is, I've just taken some side by side shots with my old phone to compare.

Check out how s**t and blurry the sofa cushion is on the new phone in comparison to my old phone

S20 ultra
20200722_185107.jpg

3 year old Huawei mate 10 pro

IMG_20200722_185101.jpg

Then I tried to get a shot of the remote with the s20 ultra and look how blurry the numbers are at the top like 1 2 and 3 and also where it says picture at the bottom. Thumb is blurry too

It's incredibly disappointing

20200722_185523.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yeah it is, I've just taken some side by side shots with my old phone to compare.

Check out how s**t and blurry the sofa cushion is on the new phone in comparison to my old phone

S20 ultra
View attachment 1486914

3 year old Huawei mate 10 pro

View attachment 1486913

Then I tried to get a shot of the remote with the s20 ultra and look how blurry the numbers are at the top like 1 2 and 3 and also where it says picture at the bottom. Thumb is blurry too

It's incredibly disappointing

View attachment 1486915
My P20 does the exact same mate. It's like it focuses on too small an area

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Have you dropped it at all?
Might be worth contacting them and asking for a replacement. Say you're not happy with the shocking quality. Definitely shouldn't be like that IMO.

I've gone from a XZ1 compact to a Nord not sure I'd recommend it camera isn't it's strong point (typical OnePlus issue) fingerprint reader is good battery seems ok software good performance seems good

I can't get on with the size the placement of the buttons its lack of stereo speakers I should have waited for the pixel 4a [emoji58]

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the 4a may just make the Nord look a little behind. Camera alone puts me off the Nord but I need the highest end in my phone. The 4a should be superb.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I've gone from a XZ1 compact to a Nord not sure I'd recommend it camera isn't it's strong point (typical OnePlus issue) fingerprint reader is good battery seems ok software good performance seems good

I can't get on with the size the placement of the buttons its lack of stereo speakers I should have waited for the pixel 4a [emoji58]
Where did you get the Nord from already?

Im planning on getting one, but the camera not being that good is a concern. Spec wise, everything else looks better than the 4A. I always planned on getting the 4A but theyve taken so long in releasing it ive lost interest.

Where did you get the Nord from already?

Im planning on getting one, but the camera not being that good is a concern. Spec wise, everything else looks better than the 4A. I always planned on getting the 4A but theyve taken so long in releasing it ive lost interest.
Got sucked in with the hype and pre-ordered it it also didn't help that Google were flapping around with the 4a

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
4a camera is the stand out. Everything else is okay. Hard choice between the Nord and 4a. No clear winner from what I can see.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
4a camera is the stand out. Everything else is okay. Hard choice between the Nord and 4a. No clear winner from what I can see.
Not really. If you value the camera, you get the 4a. If you value general performance, screen etc you get the nord.

The 4a feeling sluggish at launch shows it's a 1 trick pony.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be having a Pixel 4A when they're available, it seems to be the prefect blend of everything for me.

One lens that does everything really well. That'll do. Fingerprint sensor exactly where I've been used to it for the last 5 years. Yup. Many many many more years of unlimited full resolution photo and 4K video online cloud storage. Thanks Google. 128GB vs the 64GB I currently have in my Pixel 2 XL means I'll never again have to consider 1080 vs 4K if I decide to film something on the fly. Perfect.

Polymer unibody? So what. Old gen gorilla glass? Err.

Basic. Simple. Nice. For £349 it's a bit of a bargain, especially when I consider the iPhone SE I had during lockdown, and specifically what I need from a phone.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'll be having a Pixel 4A when they're available, it seems to be the prefect blend of everything for me.

One lens that does everything really well. That'll do. Fingerprint sensor exactly where I've been used to it for the last 5 years. Yup. Many many many more years of unlimited full resolution photo and 4K video online cloud storage. Thanks Google. 128GB vs the 64GB I currently have in my Pixel 2 XL means I'll never again have to consider 1080 vs 4K if I decide to film something on the fly. Perfect.

Polymer unibody? So what. Old gen gorilla glass? Err.

Basic. Simple. Nice. For £349 it's a bit of a bargain, especially when I consider the iPhone SE I had during lockdown, and specifically what I need from a phone.
The review I watched (mkbhd) said it feels slow straight out the box. Doesn't bode well for long term use.