ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
90hz screen is something you never realised you needed on a phone until you try it.

120hz will be extra smooth.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
90/120hz is incredibly overrated. Side by side is noticeable, but switch it off and after half hour you don't miss it unless gaming.

You just don't normally pay that much attention to it

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I felt there was a decent difference and it's 2020 so you don't really upgrade a phone to another 60hz surely? Depending on how important your phone is anyway.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I felt there was a decent difference and it's 2020 so you don't really upgrade a phone to another 60hz surely? Depending on how important your phone is anyway.
I've turned it off. It's an example of them running out of ways to improve them, they're having to find things we don't actually need to differentiate products. And once one has it and a youtuber says it good, everyone falls in line.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I have to disagree Warren. I liked it and missed moving back onto the note 10+. Felt smoother. Again having a phone that far from you face all day in some cases means you want the best display possible.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Personally I don't play games on my phone, but I do appreciate the higher refresh rate screen making everything smoother.

It's not for everyone, but definitely not a wasted feature either.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Very similar to my Pixel 2 XL. Apart from the fact that it's significantly smaller, noticeably lighter, and the battery now lasts a whole load longer. The camera is fantastic as expected.
My battery on my 2xl has started to get really poor. Might look at one of these for the time being, nothing super special but more than enough for what I need tbh.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My battery on my 2xl has started to get really poor. Might look at one of these for the time being, nothing super special but more than enough for what I need tbh.

A couple other things to note...

Screen size, compared to the 2XL it's barely noticeable that this one is 0.2 inches smaller.

Speakers; one front facing, one down facing, doesn't seem to compromise the audio and there's a lot more 'bass' from the 4A too.

Otherwise, and having done a straight port across from my 2XL, it's business as usual.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Rip ultra 😂😂

f***s sake

IMG-20201009-WA0048.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Wife finally left Sony. She's had 4 or 5 of theirs, never flagship. She always had a compact which they don't make now so she's gone to a Huewai (?) P30pro. No one makes small phones now!

It's a lovely phone tbh. She doesn't bother with Nova etc but she's cleaned it up a bit on the home screen etc. Camera looks really good. Can't really comment on the battery at the moment as she's been hammering it swapping stuff over, should get a decent idea in the next few days.
Think she's paying £31 pm on O2 after her NHS discount.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Google phones are small in the a category. And the Nord isn't that big if you can get one. The new 5 looks a nice size at 6". I couldn't go back to a small phone sadly.

Would probably get used to it but the multi-tasking thing for me needs a big phone.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Wife finally left Sony. She's had 4 or 5 of theirs, never flagship. She always had a compact which they don't make now so she's gone to a Huewai (?) P30pro. No one makes small phones now!

It's a lovely phone tbh. She doesn't bother with Nova etc but she's cleaned it up a bit on the home screen etc. Camera looks really good. Can't really comment on the battery at the moment as she's been hammering it swapping stuff over, should get a decent idea in the next few days.
Think she's paying £31 pm on O2 after her NHS discount.
i looked at a P30 pro, looked like a very good phone, but the Huewai thing scared me off in the end, worried they might stop updates etc, i am sure they are very good though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
i looked at a P30 pro, looked like a very good phone, but the Huewai thing scared me off in the end, worried they might stop updates etc, i am sure they are very good though.
The guy in O2 told my wife they will still be supported for a few years. I suppose as long as they are supported the contract is still going it's ok.

They released a newer version of it too, slightly better spec but the majority of it was the same so they could sell it as a 30 to keep Google. Not worth the extra per month though looking at it.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
The guy in O2 told my wife they will still be supported for a few years. I suppose as long as they are supported the contract is still going it's ok.

They released a newer version of it too, slightly better spec but the majority of it was the same so they could sell it as a 30 to keep Google. Not worth the extra per month though looking at it.
It's the P40 that doesn't have google support isn't it? as long as they support it, i am sure it will be fine, like i say, i was really tempted by one, then then fell on my sword and stuck with Samsung.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Not phone but tariff related (so think I can drop it in here). Signed up to Three (who I think are alright TBH) for £10 a month yesterday. 12GB data, unlimited minutes and texts. Did it through Quidco, £55 cash back so for the 12 months it’s costing me net £5.40 a month.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Not phone but tariff related (so think I can drop it in here). Signed up to Three (who I think are alright TBH) for £10 a month yesterday. 12GB data, unlimited minutes and texts. Did it through Quidco, £55 cash back so for the 12 months it’s costing me net £5.40 a month.

I've said it before but I've got both of my kids on SIM only deals with Smarty, who are owned by Three.

30gb data with unlimited minutes/texts is £10 a month each, or £9 if you put them in a family group thing.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I put my keys in the same pocket, woooooopsie 😂😂😂😂😂

House damage as in house damage contents insurance?
I just wondered if you damaged it in the house. I don't use a case in the house at all only outside.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
new iPhone 12 line up. New redesign to align the iPad pro and iPad air etc. Nice design, lost the cool green colour on the pro which is mental it was an awesome colour!

Attachments

• 20201013_192402.jpg
    20201013_192402.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 46

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Has anyone got the one plus phone. Seems good and there is a new one out soon.

I've got the OnePlus Nord, the only thing I've had to do is install Google's GCam app for pictures which makes it much better than the standard one.

The new 8T has a flat screen like mine I believe, I wanted an 8 Pro for ages and when I actually held one I didn't like the curved edges on the screen.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Suppose it would be fine with a case?.
Phone specs look really good, although I'm not an expert ha ha.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Which one are you looking at?

The Nord is their budget phone, but has the same processor as the new Pixel 5. I've come from an iPhone XS and not regretting it.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I've got the OnePlus Nord also, it was a great upgrade from my Note 8. I can't really fault it to be honest, and when comparing it to other phones from Samsung, etc with similar specs it's amazingly cheap. The only thing that put me off was the lack of headphone jack really. But I'm used to that now, and already Bluetooth earphones anyway.

I was considering the Pixel 4a, but the smaller screen put me off, and the smaller screen. If I was to be buying now though, I'd probably opt for the more expensive 4a 5G, for the larger screen and better camera.