ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great choice Warren. He only lets it slip now and again but mkbhd definitely uses one for his Android phone just now and an 11 pro as his iOS. Says a lot. Great phone. 8/10 cameras out the box, especially video. Let's be honest none of the flagships are bad though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The OnePlus 8 5G (12gb) is down to £580 on Amazon at the moment. The 8T (8gb) is £549 and the Pro is £899.

I've been looking at them recently to replace the Pixel 2xl.

I think I'll be moving to the 8 Pro when my S10 contract runs out. It only seems to be available on Three though? I'd quite like to move away from them because their signal isn't the best

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what to do with this. Screen replacement is £280.

Might sell as is, cut my losses and buy a significantly better phone!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Going to get my pro 20 unlocked when I get my 11.

Its in very good condition, always been in a case. Its the black not twighlight.

Was thinking about 130/140 delivered?

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  09 astra 1.6 T
how do you find the oppo, i cam upgrade at the end of the month and was looking at the oppo phones

Loving it! Nice to use, feels good, it's fast at loading everything up (despite my oneplus 6t having the better processor I've noticed no difference, only really comes in if you've got big games I think). Cameras are really good on it too, and the colour of it is the awesome
The only minor thing is when it vibrates it feels a bit "cheap" so to speak, like, the 6t felt a bit sharper and solid
That's the only thing though and doesn't really matter lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The haptic motor was always a c+ on those phones. Improved a lot now.

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Had my Pixel 5 since Friday can't fault it so far, coming from a p20 pro I was a bit worried the battery wouldn't be as good but it's loads better ending every day with 20-30%.

Camera is also very good, would definitely recommend it if you're thinking of getting one

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Anyone seen any good deals on iPhone 11 or 12 daughters EE contract is due for renewal 3/11?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Month old S20, 4g version. Unlocked and unmarked, any idea what is worth?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Just picked up a Huawei P30 Pro New Edition, upgraded from P20 Pro.

Any recommendations on cases, previously gone to amazon but I'm not seeing any I really like.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just picked up a Huawei P30 Pro New Edition, upgraded from P20 Pro.

Any recommendations on cases, previously gone to amazon but I'm not seeing any I really like.
Anything Spigen tbh.

I got my wife a clear Spigen and screen protector off Amazon last week for her P20.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Anything Spigen tbh.

I got my wife a clear Spigen and screen protector off Amazon last week for her P20.

Maybe the same I had on my p20 pro. Highly recommended. Ah mine wasn’t clear, all black.

I have a case for my iPhone but the spigen would be next out they do one , I assume they do.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Who's still got their Pixel 2xl?
@Old Tarby! Have you?

I think there might have been an update to the camera. It's gone absolutely shite now. Wonder if it's a forced downgrade as it's getting on for 3 years old now.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
For what it's worth, 4A is basically a 2XL, almost exact same screen size, but in a much smaller chassis.

Battery easily outlasts the 2XL, and otherwise the user experience is identical.

Camera, as it was before, seems incapable of taking a bad picture. Google's image processing delivers 👍

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Just been offered iPhone 12, £30 upfront, £45 pm, 100gb data, 24m deal

Anyone seen better?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Dropped my phone today and destroyed the screen to the point its not usable now. Sadly there isn't really a phone that ticks all the boxes for me, but i went for the S20 in the end. £29 upfront and £36 a month 100GB data on 3. Should be here tomorrow, oh and its also pink, but i thought it will be in the case all the time so i wont even see it.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Dropped my phone today and destroyed the screen to the point its not usable now. Sadly there isn't really a phone that ticks all the boxes for me, but i went for the S20 in the end. £29 upfront and £36 a month 100GB data on 3. Should be here tomorrow, oh and its also pink, but i thought it will be in the case all the time so i wont even see it.
Really pleased with my S20 mate, no complaints at all.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
@gally are you having any issues on your note using nova prime since the last update? On my S20 the gesture to open recent apps no longer works from the home screen, and I'll occasionally swipe for home and the Samsung launcher is used?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Note on my note10+ but I may be slightly behind on an update maybe? Still operates well.

I have swipe down and swipe up turned on for notifications down and app drawer up.

@ForceIndia

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I picked up a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G a few weeks back. Thought I would post my experience on here.
Its a very smart looking phone, its huge and the screen is the best I think i've ever used on a phone. The camera is definitely more impressive than my previous S20 but less impressive than I expected. Battery life is good but not excellent - to be fair I use my phone A LOT for work. The pen I initially thought was a gimmick but its come in very handy, again for work.

To summarise - If I had to pay for this phone out of my own pocket, I wouldnt have it. At £1200 or whatever the price was, its a stupid amount of money to have in your pocket. Its entirely OTT and there are phones that do the same thing for far less money. That being said, it was a business purchase and therefore fully tax deductable. Its absolutely brilliant for work and will handle every single thing thats thrown at it. Ive gone home after long days and found myself with nearly 30 apps open and its not even struggling. If you want something thats no fuss, looks great and does everything thats asked of it, get one.