ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I was a tad apprehensive about the camera quality on release, some okay reviews of itteration but that 3x and the 10x are utterly insane for the size of sensor in a smart phone.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A real showing on the pixel 7 pro photos. Video is horrific. Genuinely shocked at how bad it is in 2022. Surely their camera trickery in software can help the video?

Even in good light it's average as!

However check out the still shots. Especially the bridge one in the video at night (non night mode) so clean and crisp.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I thought that the video was shocking then realised YouTube was showing it in default 420p!
I would never buy a phone solely on video capability. Something I hardly use and rarely look back on tbh.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Looks like my Xperia Z has finally died. It's insured with 02, can I just pay an excess and ask for a new phone, or is that only for damaged phones? Don't know whether to just bite the bullet and buy a sim free phone, as they all seem to be 3 year contracts now for like £30/35 per month

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I just got mine through Apple as I couldn't be arsed waiting for deals. Ended up getting a Mous case too, had a voucher for some money off it so thought why not.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I just noticed Sky have put my package up from £88 to £107 & this is going to £128, so time to cancel & get better deal!

£87 :)

After sorting the Sky package I managed to get my daughter an iPhone 14 starlight, 50gb pm data rolls for three years if unused, all calls & texts, £43pm!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Not a new idea for a phone, but with ever improving sensors, would be interesting to see what they could do with such a big lens.
Wait and see if they bring it or something similar to market.

Fgikl_KVUAERpKl?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FgikmRMVQAEdVAm?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Not 'new phone' related (soz) but cases.

I really like the Quadlock ones but theyre crazy expensive!

I have a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G Cook Yer Dinner one. Had a good case for ages and been using a wireless charging magnetic mount in the car. Its great as I can almost just 'throw it on' and off I go. But, its becoming a bit aged, doesnt charge very quickly at all (almost loses charge with satnav running).

Any suggestions of a wireless charging compatable case with matching car mounts?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have one for sale soon, hopefully before christmas, due to a Pixel 7 Pro purchase.
I'd hang on to it and sell it a couple of weeks before xmas mate - when all the blokes are panicking over what present to buy and google are out of stock. Just bought a brand new LTE in the girlie colour for £200, so nearly half price compared to the google store which I'm happy with.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I'd hang on to it and sell it a couple of weeks before xmas mate - when all the blokes are panicking over what present to buy and google are out of stock. Just bought a brand new LTE in the girlie colour for £200, so nearly half price compared to the google store which I'm happy with.

I've still got two pairs of brand new unopened Bose wireless headphones from the Pixel 6 pro give away. So there is a chance I might sit on it for a bit.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Had my 14 Pro Max delivered yesterday. If I’m being truthful I can’t tell much difference to my 12 Pro Max apart from the front facing camera is in a slightly different place. However, I’ve not tested the camera out yet.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
How long for delivery? Heard there's massive delays as one of the main factories in China is on lockdown. I'm hoping to order from John Lewis next month (for the extra years warranty) but every single model is OOS :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Any idea of a value of this and is it any good?

3 year old, owned from new galaxy S10 in black. Think its the 256gb model, condition great but phone only, no box, charger etc..

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Supposed to be really good phones.

Better half's phone has cracked tried to get her to buy this. Managed to get another phone instead.

Seems good

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Picked myself up an iPhone SE 2022 yesterday. Won’t bother with pics, you all know what it looks like. Anyway, was an upgrade from my four year old XR.

Much prefer the smaller size. I’m just not into these really big phones. I have a Mac for when I need bigger visuals. I get other people do need or want that, but I don’t.

Why didn’t I go for a 14, or even a 13 variant? Well, I just couldn’t justify the extra £200+ for essentially a better camera. Will I miss Face ID? Probably. Is it worth paying hundreds more for, to me? No.

Horses for courses.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't you kinda go backwards? How can you go from the XR screen/display to the SE. That's mind bending. I reckon you could have picked up a good 11 pro or something for less. Guy I know was selling a Pacific blue 12 pro for £500!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I went backwards if the metric is, bigger is better. Sure. But I prefer the smaller form factor of the SE. It’s better than the XR in pretty much every other measure. Other than batter life.

I’m still longing for a modern iPhone 4 tbh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I went backwards if the metric is, bigger is better. Sure. But I prefer the smaller form factor of the SE. It’s better than the XR in pretty much every other measure. Other than batter life.

I’m still longing for a modern iPhone 4 tbh.
Aren't th 13 and 14 iphone 4 shaped?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Twin SIM'd my OnePlus Nord and worked out how to do Parallel apps for Whatsapp so I have have a work WhatsApp on the same phone. Clever idea...

If anyone wants my old used unlocked Pixel 4a5G ~£150 ? let me know.. will chuck an ad up over t'weekend

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Wireless air pod things. Getting a 14, never looked into which ones are decent. Assume pretty much any of them?.