ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Got a boot for my stubby, for £35 it saves me ruining it

20201221_140316.jpg

Size comparison to my big gun😂

20201221_140326.jpg
20201221_140259.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
You're talking 2000nm on the big guns now.

So accessible and the fact you don't have to have a compressor and traipse around with an airline is a nice thing.
Aye, there is nothing worse than having to have an airline or a cable when the tools that use them are the same if not worse than the battery version

My big gun will do a wagon wheel nut with relative ease, tried and tested 😂

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Aye, there is nothing worse than having to have an airline or a cable when the tools that use them are the same if not worse than the battery version

My big gun will do a wagon wheel nut with relative ease, tried and tested 😂

Have you seen the 1" Milwaukee? c**t will probably spin me around trying to hold onto it 😂

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Cant imagine they’ll ever be as good (powerful) as air. Never ceases to amaze me when I get an air gun out on a crank bolt, even a pretty small, old snap on 1/2” air still blows away the newest snap on 1/2” battery one (the 9 series). I hardly ever use air now (more from the inconvenience of the hose) but it does remind you how effortless they are when I do.

The question is whether you need that much power and also if you’ve got a decent compressor.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I needed a new jack in a hurry, and just got a cheap one from Halfords. I haven't used it yet, but for the money (£50) I'm pleasantly surprised. Hopefully now i can get under the car and stop abusing the sill jack points.
20201229_121817.jpg

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I needed a new jack in a hurry, and just got a cheap one from Halfords. I haven't used it yet, but for the money (£50) I'm pleasantly surprised. Hopefully now i can get under the car and stop abusing the sill jack points.
View attachment 1512818
This is the badger I have from Costco, more expensive, but low enough to get under and also good to use.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201229-161353_Costco.jpg
    Screenshot_20201229-161353_Costco.jpg
    669.9 KB · Views: 74

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
They're fat b******s, I miss when Costco sold the 2 ton Ali ones.

Mine was only dangerously un-usable when I got rid.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1512818

With a block of wood on the jack point? Cos that cup is excellent for shredding into metal if you wanna try lift a car right on it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Got a couple of bits with the eBay 20% off, because why the f**k not😂 Sockets are proper proper stubby! Even stubbier than my little tinky tonk

I have pretty much every ratchet you could think of... oh no wait I don't have a pass through ratchet yet😈

20210109_193725.jpg
20210109_193756.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah but as a package it was a good deal. TBH I was planning on buying the ryobi since thats what everything else and makes sense for sharing the batteries. But my elbow is giving me some amount of grief and the ryobi has been out of stock for ages.

I'll see how it goes and keep or sell on if needs be

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but as a package it was a good deal. TBH I was planning on buying the ryobi since thats what everything else and makes sense for sharing the batteries. But my elbow is giving me some amount of grief and the ryobi has been out of stock for ages.

I'll see how it goes and keep or sell on if needs be

Definitely nothing wrong with it, just checking to make sure you weren't being conned into thinking it was the latest model mate.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Appreciate it, well hopefully I wasn't! £150 posted, charger, battery, bag. Not that I care about the bag right enough! I fancied the long reach but it was £180 bare

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I’ve got all Makita power tools but got the M12 SDS recently, might be slowly moving to Milwaukee.

Got loads of Packout stuff

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Anything better than these for similar money?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Anything better than these for similar money?

Yeah they were 20% off last week

HTH 😂