ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
You wanna be looking at the fuel versions, far more reliable, powerful and newer

Use the code : NEW15 and it brings it down to £305.99

Powertoolmate usually send their stuff next day anyway

Megane 250
You wanna be looking at the fuel versions, far more reliable, powerful and newer

Use the code : NEW15 and it brings it down to £305.99

Powertoolmate usually send their stuff next day anyway

Not sure I can justify the extra £100 or so for something that isn’t going to get used a massive amount.

The impact wrench I’ll end up buying would get more use tbh, but was hoping they’d all share batteries. When I do buy the impact wrench I’ll buy the fuel/latest version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That's also no good mate

It's not exactly terrible is it.

I've got that set and it's seen me right through all the DIY in the house renovation.

Stop getting the lad to join the fuel club and spend more money 🤣🤣🤣

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Not sure I can justify the extra £100 or so for something that isn’t going to get used a massive amount.

The impact wrench I’ll end up buying would get more use tbh, but was hoping they’d all share batteries. When I do buy the impact wrench I’ll buy the fuel/latest version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d start with a 12v Milwaukee stuff first personally, My stubby impact & ratchet get the most use by far.

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
Might pick up an half inch impacted, feel like I’m being stupid though for the amount of work I do. Better off with a chain saw and start getting wood ready for the log burner!

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Might pick up an half inch impacted, feel like I’m being stupid though for the amount of work I do. Better off with a chain saw and start getting wood ready for the log burner!
200.gif

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Any recommendations for a set of half decent 3/8 crows feet spanners? Used a lambda sensor crows feet spanner to torque something up earlier and i think i should add a set to the toolbox for occasional use..

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ive been looking at them on ebay, ill take a punt for occasional use. Was ideal earlier to torque up a couple of sensors where deep socket would not fit.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Do you adjust the torque slightly to account for the offset/different leverage angle, or just send it?
Sent it as pretty low torque value. I didnt consider differences due to the leverage, any sums needed? All new stuff to me, im used to sticking a socket on the torque wrench. Ican tighten stuff up by feel good but as i have torque values to hand seems sensible to use them.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Sent it as pretty low torque value. I didnt consider differences due to the leverage, any sums needed? All new stuff to me, im used to sticking a socket on the torque wrench. Ican tighten stuff up by feel good but as i have torque values to hand seems sensible to use them.

There is a calculation you can do yeah, but i'd have to find it.

The newer Snap On digital wrenches have an option for using crows foot attachment, so it works it out for you.

Edit: Norbar have an app which calculates it for you https://www.norbar.com/Support/Calculators/Torque-Wrench-Extension-Formula

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Need to get myself a decent but cheap tool chest!
Hunt down any Halfords ones, I have the red one and have had it over 13 years.

5 drawer lower, 4 drawer mid I think, then a top with the flip up top and some full and little drawers.

i have outgrown it, but it’s faultless..

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
USpro tools do some I think.

Their stuff is good for the money.
Posted before but, This guy (Lee) is great for Us Pro and Boxo stuff always beats eBay prices for me.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I need a trim removal tool, or small set of trim removal tools. Any recommendations??

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I got a Chinese 19 piece set off Amazon, does the job for 7 quid
That’s why I was asking. Are these decent enough for the average DIY’er. I don’t mind spending money on decent tools, but if the cheap stuff will do a job then happy days.

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
That’s why I was asking. Are these decent enough for the average DIY’er. I don’t mind spending money on decent tools, but if the cheap stuff will do a job then happy days.

Yeah I would say so, I’ve only used one of the tools to get a door card off my Defender and it was fine. Most of the sets look exactly the same.

24D519F6-E942-4196-BDD2-8E160C678270.jpeg

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Recently purchased a hyundai chainsaw with 20" bar, but this still isn't big enough for some of the trees I cut. So been looking for a bigger bar setup.

Managed to find a bar and chain which is the right gage and pitch which is 24",£40 posted.
As expected the bar wasn't the right size so needed kidding to fit.

View attachment 1626586

View attachment 1626587

Mine has m8 bolts that holds the bar on, the new bar is 10mm, so made some spacers. 8mm hole with 10 outside diameter.

The hole for the tensioner on the new bar was slightly different so had to grind that slightly wider.

The oiler hole is also different so had to grind that longer. Although the chain is getting oil not as perfect as a proper fitting bar.

But it's all working and looks a beast, hopefully I'll cut something with it this weekend.

View attachment 1626588
How you getting on with the Hyundai ? Just had one delivered today after reading some good reviews

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
How you getting on with the Hyundai ? Just had one delivered today after reading some good reviews
Yeah love it, great bit of kit.

Good power and cutting ability. Been sharpening after every use which works a treat

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Self adjusting?

I could do with some tbh

I've got a pair of their flush cut snips, really good quality.
They aren't self adjusting. You have to press the little button and set a size which isn't annoying, the really nice thing about them is the parallel jaws (they stay parallel as you open and close them and the little pivot which acts as a force multiplier.

Just all round nice to use, somewhere between mole grips and an adjustable spanner, I use them far more than I thought I would, as evidenced by the filth!