ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 1.4 16v Daily (Pic Heavy)

So, I got this back in June, lost my job and didn't have much of a disposable income in the way of mods, So I'm determined to get her cleaned up for Summer now that i'm sorted financially. (see as it cost £3000 TPFT to insure first year, and second year is quoted for £700 when it comes around)
246475_10150907087763233_629040052_n.jpg

First mods were just a few ICE bits. Started with some Cheapy "500w" BassFace door speakers, really aren't bad for £35.

tumblr_mhv6fnWFq11qc5wvyo1_500.jpg

Then a 1200w Vibe BlackAir sub, was set on getting this, got it before I even passed! But i still need to build a false floor for it, as you can see its pretty heavy, and causing the plastic carpet to bend!

tumblr_mhv6irp9UD1qc5wvyo1_500.jpg

Since I got this, I managed to land myself a long-distance relationship to Bristol from Kent most weekends, so I'm ragging the miles on this at the moment, So this is Sundays job! (plus an oil filter when halfords get it in for me...)

tumblr_mhv6e5J7rK1qc5wvyo1_500.jpg

Then future plans:
  • Dual Optics (+HIDs)
  • Dash LED changes (Next month)
  • Ph2 rear lights
  • Colour code
  • New Boot light
  • New license plate light on the way
  • Alloys, Lows, and sports bumpers if I still have it by the end of the year... if.
  • Induction kit.
  • Ph2 spoiler

At the end of the day, its still a Daily and I do a lot of miles and have a low budget, So i'll be keeping it simple, Clean and tidy for now.
Open to any comments or suggestions! :D

Attachments

• tumblr_mhv6e5J7rK1qc5wvyo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mhv6e5J7rK1qc5wvyo1_500.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
  Mercedes C320!
Looking good fella....

Feel your pain on the long distance relationship...Essex to Nottingham :( The 200 is racking up the miles! But at least your car ain't as juicy as mine lol!

Oh man for sure, If its still that distance by the end of the year, A dCi will be on the cards (Which is the perfect excuse to get hold of a ph2 which I prefer so much) and if my yearly milage has gone down, a 182 will be a much sweeter option.

So yesterday, I went through with the service, learnt how to do it from my dad, and It went well. Adjusted the throttle cable whilst I was there, along with oil, oil filter, air filter, wiper blades, and spark plugs. You can just see the "toast" Colour inside the old spark plug, so at least I know my engine Isn't running a rich mixture or anything, otherwise it'd be sooty.

tumblr_mi1ty1e8uO1qc5wvyo1_500.jpg

Went paintballing saturday, and the horrible country road leading to it managed to make the blow in my exhaust worse (theres now a huge crack running around the join to the center box, rather than just a tiny hole), so thats booked in to get refitted today at the local garage. I could feel the power just draining away as it was getting worse from the lack of pressure. Glad to be getting it fixed.

Also ripped off the splitter (as the person before me had held it up with a staple gun) so i'll be ordering a skoda one and putting it on properly when I can. Just keeping her tidy.

Look's lovely mate, I've the same in green. You goin to put some fogs into it? I think it makes the front end look a lot nicer! Unless you're a lucky sod who can get the 172 front + wings for cheap!

As for your splitter being stapled on - I think that's actually manufacture standard. I ripped mine off and riped out the screws and staples! £12 for a fabia one and 2 mins up on the ramps had it changed!

What Dash LEd changes are you planning to do? I've been tempted by don't want to accidently cook my clocks. Might try and pick up a set of the sports clocks if i can around my mileage (just tipped 100k the poor girl) then if I cook mine it's no biggie!

Just been to get my exhaust done at kwikfit (usually hate them), they priced me for the wrong style of center part, but they stood by it and gave me £100s worth for £65. Good lads at my dads local one in sittingbourne.
Had a brief moment of noisy blowing on the way back to Gravesend, but it settled again. If it happens again i'll get it looked at, could have been anything.

tumblr_mi25felVCR1qc5wvyo1_500.jpg

Back up to full power, sounds lovely, drives smooth!

Look's lovely mate, I've the same in green. You goin to put some fogs into it? I think it makes the front end look a lot nicer! Unless you're a lucky sod who can get the 172 front + wings for cheap!

As for your splitter being stapled on - I think that's actually manufacture standard. I ripped mine off and riped out the screws and staples! £12 for a fabia one and 2 mins up on the ramps had it changed!

What Dash LEd changes are you planning to do? I've been tempted by don't want to accidently cook my clocks. Might try and pick up a set of the sports clocks if i can around my mileage (just tipped 100k the poor girl) then if I cook mine it's no biggie!

I always said I'd rather anything but silver, what did I end up with? Haha. Will get fogs if they turn out to not be too much hassle with the wiring loom, fuses, and stalks etc. Definitely not that lucky! I might get the sport bumper a lot later on and solve the wings with a Sh*te load of filler haha.

I'm going by this guide and have the bulbs written down with a link somewhere, If you'd like I'l try and track them down? Im going white clocks, blue needles, white clock face stickers, and then white dash lights.

No worries, I got mine at 74k in june, now shes on 85k! Poor little lady.

I always said I'd rather anything but silver, what did I end up with? Haha. Will get fogs if they turn out to not be too much hassle with the wiring loom, fuses, and stalks etc. Definitely not that lucky! I might get the sport bumper a lot later on and solve the wings with a Sh*te load of filler haha.

I'm going by this guide and have the bulbs written down with a link somewhere, If you'd like I'l try and track them down? Im going white clocks, blue needles, white clock face stickers, and then white dash lights.

No worries, I got mine at 74k in june, now shes on 85k! Poor little lady.

As far as i'm aware mate, the wiring for the fogs is all there, you just need to put them in, put on the stalks and somehow 'tell the ecu' it has fogs, i'm sure one of the better educated members would be able to fill you in - i'd hit a scrappy or someone breaking one with fogs and nab yourself the stalks and fittings!
did you get away with no sunroof? Mine's a leaky pest at the moment - gonna glue her up later this week.

I didn't realise the ph1 bumper/wings could be done with filler - makes sense I guess but if you can get a front ph1 172 bumper you can probably get the wings at the same time!

I saw that guide! that's what looked appealing to me - I wanted to get white clockface from lockwood, bluish-white LEDs and the clocks from a blue 182 do they have that nice surround?
Not bad mileage! I got mine at 72k in Feb 2011 soin pretty much exactly 2 years its done about 28k as a daily!

Nice one on the exhaust! I picked up a cheap powerflow to replace my miniature cannon that's on it at the moment - having a stainless centre section from cat back fab'd too to go on it so that should be a nice little addition!

Can't wait to see what else you do to it - considering we've almost the same car! I'll be following your project thread ;)