ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Double post, (edited for some use)

Spec in brief is:
Fibreglass panels, polycarb windows and lightend shell, itb’d lump custom ally airbox and radiator, custom loom, dash2, recaro’s and scroths. Fully polybushed,

Let down will be the suspension but I need to get it rolling asap

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Black Ph1 for sale on the Facebook Renault Cars and Parts for Sale if anyone is still looking for one? I don't know anything about it or have anything to do with the sale, I don't think it's far from me though, just saw it pop up on there :up:
There are two on the Facebook market place, one looks decent, the other looks a bit gash. A bit too far away for me to go and look at, still working away in the week

clio sport 2.0 16V 2002
Hello ph1 lovers :)
Here is mine black sheep. Car for sunny Sunday :)
My second car is Meg265 CUP, but clio is clio..
Is completelly standard, but all worn parts will be or have been replaced.
Some parts are renovated. I still have a lot of work to do to my mind.

Have a nice day :)

Attachments

• 19388555_443239659375746_6086564892731278294_o.jpg
    19388555_443239659375746_6086564892731278294_o.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 171

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone seen the lad on the CSOC Facebook page who literally only said “sending these two to the crusher tomorrow” with a picture of an Iceburg and Odessey Ph1 with no explanation. Everyone is asking for a price and he isn’t replying. If it’s the Odessey blue one I have seen around High Wycombe it isn’t the cleanest and a bit chavved up.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Anyone seen the lad on the CSOC Facebook page who literally only said “sending these two to the crusher tomorrow” with a picture of an Iceburg and Odessey Ph1 with no explanation. Everyone is asking for a price and he isn’t replying. If it’s the Odessey blue one I have seen around High Wycombe it isn’t the cleanest and a bit chavved up.
Just seen that, people seem to think it's a troll, I can't imagine anyone in their right mind would scrap them even if they are rotten

SG9 Forester STi
Finally back in the Ph1 club after buying the OH one as a track day toy. Hopefully get a few pics up and a progress thread soon, it needs some TLC but it was such a good purchase.

It felt good to drive a RS Clio again!

SG9 Forester STi
God i’d love another Phase 1.

What is it about Renault Sport that gets into you that you canny let it go.

So true! We wanted a track Clio, I bought a ph1 last month and now I have two of the bloody things. Both rusty .

It’s crazy how quickly things have changed in the ph1 game. I bet it’d be difficult to find a completely rust free one these days. When did they start getting old!?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
So true! We wanted a track Clio, I bought a ph1 last month and now I have two of the bloody things. Both rusty .

It’s crazy how quickly things have changed in the ph1 game. I bet it’d be difficult to find a completely rust free one these days. When did they start getting old!?

Surprised mine seems pretty much rust free, had a good look under today
Its the paintwork getting thin all over that I don't like- that's why I got stickers everywhere

Hopefully its been garaged or under cover most its life, but not everywhere been checked out

SG9 Forester STi
Surprised mine seems pretty much rust free, had a good look under today
Its the paintwork getting thin all over that I don't like- that's why I got stickers everywhere

Hopefully its been garaged or under cover most its life, but not everywhere been checked out

We got (another one) on weds which looked relatively rust free aside from rusty lower sills. Bought it as the rust wasn’t as bad as the original one we bought last month. Have taken the seats out today and there was some dodgy paint. Removed that to reveal holes in the floor! It was clear that someone had welded the seats in to avoid MOT troubles. I think I have bad luck.

The rust is out to get me . Check behind the rear door cards, fuel cap etc. If yours isn’t rusty then waxoyl the hell out of it!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
We got (another one) on weds which looked relatively rust free aside from rusty lower sills. Bought it as the rust wasn’t as bad as the original one we bought last month. Have taken the seats out today and there was some dodgy paint. Removed that to reveal holes in the floor! It was clear that someone had welded the seats in to avoid MOT troubles. I think I have bad luck.

The rust is out to get me . Check behind the rear door cards, fuel cap etc. If yours isn’t rusty then waxoyl the hell out of it!

Front or back seats? That's f**king s**t.

SG9 Forester STi
Front or back seats? That's f**king s**t.

Rear seats. Corker isn’t it! I’ll upload the project thread when I can with the extent of the rust. It’s just annoying as where one shell is rusty the other isn’t. Piece them together and they’d make either one complete rat or one nice one .

Life would have been so much easier if we’d have got a 182 but I’m a sucker for these ph1’s.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Rear seats. Corker isn’t it! I’ll upload the project thread when I can with the extent of the rust. It’s just annoying as where one shell is rusty the other isn’t. Piece them together and they’d make either one complete rat or one nice one .

Life would have been so much easier if we’d have got a 182 but I’m a sucker for these ph1’s.

182s will go the same way, guarantee it. Bet some are already showing signs.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member

I fell for you :( they are at an age where the phrase "needle in a hay stack" starts to come into play.

SQ5

Amazing to think they are 18 years old now! 18 years ago an 18 year old car would of been a lot worse!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Coming from mk1's the mk2's are so so much better, mk1 valver were rotting at 8 years old or less, my first one was 11 and completely fubar when I got it despite being welded up once already .

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
God i’d love another Phase 1.

What is it about Renault Sport that gets into you that you canny let it go.

Found myself looking at 182s again. I'm bored of the derv barge so was going to go back to a 330i, but part of me wants another clio to c**t it to work in, pops n bangs and that. But then I am getting near to 40 and will probs look a prick.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Found myself looking at 182s again. I'm bored of the derv barge so was going to go back to a 330i, but part of me wants another clio to c**t it to work in, pops n bangs and that. But then I am getting near to 40 and will probs look a prick.

You’d look like a prick in anything thats not got got 98% tinted windows.

HTH x