ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
IMG-20210213-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20210213-WA0023.jpg

172PH1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
So glad you’ve got this looking back to normal again! You bought it off a friend of mine, and I was gutted when he put the silly splitter and bonnet catches on it. To see it in it’s more traditional form is great [emoji1303]
The bonnet catches are still on it for the time being but yea it's getting back to how it was

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I’ve got a strange obsession with the exclusive.

It just shouldn’t work! Worst colour, horrendous interior, crap alloys........ Absolutely love them [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the hunt!
I’ve got a strange obsession with the exclusive.

It just shouldn’t work! Worst colour, horrendous interior, crap alloys........ Absolutely love them [emoji23]

I’ve got to disagree with part of that. The alloys are too fussy and I’m not a fan of the light grey leather, but the colour is spot on with the right wheels.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
After 3 long hard months of winter where it was stuck in a shed to avoid the horrific Cumbrian roads, it's great to have it back out again! It just about passed it's MOT the other day, so to celebrate I spent the day thrashing around the Lakes. I'd forgotten how fun they are to drive, just found myself pushing on and on.

View attachment 1530476

That is lovely, my old black phase 1 was Y687 DTV!

you’re not selling are you?🥴

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Well, I was loving life yesterday but today I've spent my afternoon swearing at the car while it goes nowhere.

It's always had issues on starting, where I have to hold down the keyfob button in order to for it to show the solid red light and start. However, I went to start it today, and no matter what I do, I'm just constantly getting the flashing red light of doom on the cluster. I've changed the battery in the fob, but still not joy. It'll crank, but won't come to life. Annoyingly I only have one key too.

If anyone has any pointers on what to do next, all help would be appreciated. After a bit of forum searching I'm assuming it'll need a new key or UCH, but I'd rather find a fix first if anyone has one!

Here's a picture of the Clio with my Dad's old GTi to get your attention.

IMG_1994.JPEG

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried reprogramming the key? There is a guide on here somewhere. But it’s like put the key in the ignition, hold the central locking button down by the gear stick the do something else. Worked with one of my keys recently when that wouldn’t work

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried reprogramming the key? There is a guide on here somewhere. But it’s like put the key in the ignition, hold the central locking button down by the gear stick the do something else. Worked with one of my keys recently when that wouldn’t work
I haven't tried this one yet, might give it a go and see if it makes a difference. Only issue may be that one of the many previous owners swapped in a Phase 2 dash, and some how managed to wire it up so that the rear window demister now acts as the central locking... no clue how they managed it :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1899.JPG

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
That sunflower looks cracking!

Out of curiosity, what springs and shocks are you running. Spacers or no? That ride height looks bang on.

Thanks mate.

It’s on Bilstein B14 coilovers. No front spacers in the picture, 10mm rear spacers. Not sure on how much it is lowered by. But also bear in mind I have the 16” F1’s not the usual 15” ones.

Haven't posted in here for a while. Recently had the sills done on the ph1 and a bit of a tidy up. Had the f1 alloys refurbished and some new michelin rubber. Currently in the process of removing the cup spoiler and changing the side trims back to standard ph1 spec. The idea is to get it back to totally standard spec and then hopefully get a few little dents and paint issues sorted over next winter. Can't believe thats now nearly 9 years of ownership with me.

AJYB0246.JPG
BTTJ0413.JPG

IMG_E0279.JPG
RPZO0201.JPG
IMG_E0377.JPG
IMG_E0111.JPG
GQUO4760.JPG
IMG_0302.JPG