ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Quick bath as sat unloved and unused for month or so whilst the mk1 track car has been in favour. But lent the RB to my sister again as her shitty seat gave up, so odyssey in daily use for a week or two! Such a lovely smooth drive this car now, absolute pleasure to cruise about in.

IMG-20210412-WA0030.jpg
IMG-20210412-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20210412-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20210412-WA0029.jpg

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest how much is that costing? I’ve only got one key that will unlock the immobiliser and it worries me.
£194 all in from the Renault garage in Carlisle, excluding the cost of me somehow getting the car to them. Just had to turn up with my chassis number, V5 and drivers license and it should take 5-7 working days. I should hopefully be hearing from them this week.

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
You can get independent key fob people to program a new key for about £100 I think - including the cost of the new fob. You just get the blade cut at timpsons.
I had considered doing that but I'm currently on one key as it is, and it's not a legitimate one. So I figured it's best to have one proper Renault key, and then I could always get another knock off one cut afterwards.

Clio 172
Took some time to find the right rims for the car :)
Super happy

195 / 45 / 15
Michelin pilot sport 3

After all the headaches its given me, the car is finally in a great place

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 170
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 169

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Random help required. My fault for not labeling the screws better.
Can anyone confirm which screws fasten the steering cowling back on
I've couple of longer ones which think go at the top. The lowest screw should this be the same length or shorter?
Being a fiddley annoying job but guess too tired really

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Just ticked over 132,000 miles at the weekend, so to celebrate I had a bank holiday drive out with some mates. Honestly despite being down over 100hp to most of the cars there, the old shed hung on really well on the Pennine Roads. It always impresses/scares me by how much corner speed you can carry, compared to some of the bigger cars there.

IMG_3643.jpeg

IMG_3651.JPEG

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I must say, I'm not totally sold on the splitter or the cut down rear bumper but, overall, it looks absolutely epic. Such a top notch billed - you must be thrilled with it!

I was going to say I think the splitter looks a lot better in person, but actually the splitter and bumper do. But I get they are not everybody's cuppa.

The splitter I think is quite subtle, a lot more than some that stick out miles and lets face it probably don't do much for aero. On the note of aero that is why the bumper was cut, there was the intention to add a diffuser, but based on the above thoughts regarding the splitter I am unsure now.

Overall though I am properly stoked, to get to this point feels amazing after such a journey. Thanks for the kind words.
Not bad for someone who doesn't have a clue what they are doing.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I was going to say I think the splitter looks a lot better in person, but actually the splitter and bumper do. But I get they are not everybody's cuppa.

The splitter I think is quite subtle, a lot more than some that stick out miles and lets face it probably don't do much for aero. On the note of aero that is why the bumper was cut, there was the intention to add a diffuser, but based on the above thoughts regarding the splitter I am unsure now.

Overall though I am properly stoked, to get to this point feels amazing after such a journey. Thanks for the kind words.
Not bad for someone who doesn't have a clue what they are doing.

Yeah things like that are very much down to personal taste. I'm not a big fan of putting aero bits on Clios, as the benefits are usually pretty negligible (if there are any!) and I just like the simple looks when the body is pretty much standard.

You've done a great job with it though, it looks great. I'm a sucker for a weld-in cage, and the colour is just mega on it.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah things like that are very much down to personal taste. I'm not a big fan of putting aero bits on Clios, as the benefits are usually pretty negligible (if there are any!) and I just like the simple looks when the body is pretty much standard.

You've done a great job with it though, it looks great. I'm a sucker for a weld-in cage, and the colour is just mega on it.

A fair few people comment on the colour. Really happy I chose it, its not super lairy but its different enough.
Again thanks for the kind words