ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Titanium 182
Could be a foreign object in there or a slightly bent pin

I will post a pic of my set up later having to make a new shelf !

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I'm certain the hdmi fault is resolved by pushing it down a bit. Google it. Defo read about that issue and a solution.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
There's nothing fouling it though. The plug just doesn't go more than half way in.

Titanium 182
Mine goes in so the 2 black squares on the HDMI connector disappear . So does look like it isn't going in all the way

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm also having trouble getting Resogun, comes up Error. Really liking the new features on this. Some things you can't do as 3 but overall I'm pleased with it. Can't seem to log in to Facebook now it says PSN is undergoing maintanance. They must be doing it behind the scenes as Gman is playing a game and I'm online ok.

I've not used the Sony HDMI cable issued I used my own as seems ok

Titanium 182
I have not been able to get on PSN yet not tried since 2PM but i was using the ps4 HDMI cable that came in the box with no problems

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Mine goes in so the 2 black squares on the HDMI connector disappear . So does look like it isn't going in all the way

The 2 squares are in past the end of the socket. I just get 3 beeps when I turned it on then the blue pulsing. No picture on the screen and won't let me put it into safe mode (hold on button for 7 seconds).

Sony are sending out a replacement on Tuesday

dk

911 GTS Cab
has everyones come from japan rather than china?

at least if the hdmi issue is present in the map ones it would rule out a foxconn employee and just be a design fault.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Have played battlefield 4 on both consoles is much better on ps4 more crisper and full of detail and colour

I'm not disputing this but have you played the game side by side on exactly the same TV set?

I really like the look of the PS4, might pick one up once they're available.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Mine says "Made In China FOX" and seems to be working as it should (for now)
Interesting, the reports about the European models being Japanese are false then, or there might be a mix.

N0ddie, as yours is affected, where was yours from?

Titanium 182
No sure if i have an issue with mine. started playing killzone and the fan got quite loud then quietened down but keeps doing it. I know there was an issue with this as well . Anyone else get this?

Monaco 172 Ph2
Interesting, the reports about the European models being Japanese are false then, or there might be a mix.

N0ddie, as yours is affected, where was yours from?

Tbh it probably depends on who you buy it from as some stockists may have one or the other, my GFs bros is from Japan and the only diff I notice is on the box, his advertises playstation plus on the box where as mine advertise drive club for free on psplus but that was an old deal from septmeber before th game was put back (that might not make a diff to where its from tho LOL )

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
No sure if i have an issue with mine. started playing killzone and the fan got quite loud then quietened down but keeps doing it. I know there was an issue with this as well . Anyone else get this?

Not really an issue, mines been doing it on and off all day. It will only speed up when it needs to.

Titanium 182
Im not so sure i could hear it 2 rooms away !! even when sat in the pause menu it was still going for it .

Some people have said they dont even hear their fans

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
My HDMi plugged in:
11122546014_4923d859c2_b.png

How are others? Ie. are your HDMi plugs all the way in the socket?

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Jay love your setup, think im going to have to get one so i can play online with you and Gaz haha

Cheers mate, its much better with the new addition:p DO get 1 though mate they really are a good machine and can join in the fun/banter with me and Gaz;)

has everyones come from japan rather than china?

at least if the hdmi issue is present in the map ones it would rule out a foxconn employee and just be a design fault.

Mine is made in China but have no problems to report at all, has been on for 11 hours straight now and tried both films and games and is perfect, wouldn't exactly say it was hot either more warm if anything. I did check the Hdmi socket before putting the lead in but it went in just fine:D

The new Dualshock 4 is awesome to hold.

Very sorry to see you having problems fella:dapprove: sony have stock held back for this exact type of thing so should get a speedy replacement.

I agree the Dualshock 4 is brilliant, after spending more time with it the thing juts feels so natural to hold and play with, touch pad is a smart feature as well.... both mine went dead within an hour on turning them on which is to be expected but after charging ( around 3hhrs) they seem to be holding charge very well... freaked me out when it started talking in killzone:D

Mine done exactly the same and I am pretty sure it is the blu ray drive spinning up as the game is still installing on the fly hence it stopped after a short while.

Overall am very happy with the machine and it does everything I need for now, I did have a few issue trying to download the tv apps but worked after an hour or so. Sound wise it plays everything I have asked of it and gives you the option of having either dolby digital, dts or pcm being output. Plays all the HD Audio fine and picture with Blu ray is very good indeed.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I see I can use my Dualshock 4 controller with my PS3 (With it plugged in via USB). Dualshock 3 feels very dated/wrong after holding the 4.

Clio williams / 172
I'm not disputing this but have you played the game side by side on exactly the same TV set?

I really like the look of the PS4, might pick one up once they're available.

Not side by side but was last game i played on ps3 same set before got ps4 and the diffrence is massively noticeable in graphics