ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Nimbus Clio 197
So I really want a ps4 and decided I'd put a pre order in, but everywhere has seemingly unable to guarantee they can honour it now due to stock levels. Is it worth doing or am I better just waiting until they come out and buying one from a shop?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Re: PS4 pre-order

If nobody can guarantee a pre-order, then that to me says that there won't be any stock in shops either.

i pre-ordered mine a few days after the announcement that they couldn't guarantee any more, my game preorder says phase 2.

The only way to get one as soon as possible after they are out is with a preorder IMO.

Bux

Golf GTD

I'm not bothering with pre-ordering it. I'm just gonna keep an eye in stores to pick one up.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I'm not bothering with pre-ordering it. I'm just gonna keep an eye in stores to pick one up.
You might be lucky and get one before Christmas, but you'll need to be lucky and do some hunting IMO.

Argos might be the best bet post launch, not sure they are doing pre-orders?

I pre-orded mine from Amazon after the 6th August deadline, had an email about 2 weeks later to say it had been upgraded to release day delivery. No money is taken till dispatch so i can still cancel if it doesn't arrive and buy elsewhere if available.

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172

You might be lucky and get one before Christmas, but you'll need to be lucky and do some hunting IMO.

Argos might be the best bet post launch, not sure they are doing pre-orders?

think there will be a week maybe 2 after launch when stock runs out, but surely they'll have enough to supply them over December and Xmas, would be insane not too.

Nimbus Clio 197

I don't like the idea of hunting around different shops for one, I hate shopping at the best of times. Just bunged in an order at Amazon and accepted the fact i'll have to wait a while after the launch date!

dk

911 GTS Cab

think there will be a week maybe 2 after launch when stock runs out, but surely they'll have enough to supply them over December and Xmas, would be insane not too.
Who knows, we've never had a situation where pre-orders have sold out on console before have we? This is a massive launch, think about how hard it is to get an iPhone after launch. It will only be 4 weeks until Christmas after launch, and kids who can't afford one will be asking their parents for them for Christmas, and I doubt parents would have pre-ordered them, so they will both be in demand for the weeks leading up to Christmas.

the ps4 is already only offering phase 2 boxes, we don't even know when phase 2 will be shipping.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I'll be getting mine when the price drops after Christmas. I can wait.

I got my PSX 2 years after launch and my PS2 and PS3 on launch but I'll wait for prices to come down before getting my PS4 I think.

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Ordered mine 8th June after the E3 Preview kind of won me over:approve: that was with shop to and have been on the phone to them to make sure i am eligible to get one on time which they confirmed i am:D Saying that i will be watching ebay closely and if i see them fetching silly figures due to none being available then i will be jumping on that band wagon as there are still a few good PS3 games that i want and am happy to stick with that for a bit longer, will see how it goes:p

I was watching the Japanese Sony press conference yesterday and they reveled the PS4 is getting released in Japan next year 2014 on 22nd February which i found a bit strange, wonder if this is due to having such high preorders in America and Europe and want to try and meet demand... can't see any other reason really.

Abarth 595

I'll be getting mine when the price drops after Christmas. I can wait.

I got my PSX 2 years after launch and my PS2 and PS3 on launch but I'll wait for prices to come down before getting my PS4 I think.

Prices wont drop for ages.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

I think I'll pre order mine today, hopefully I'll get it before Xmas though.

Will get Killzone and probably BF4.

A SHED!

Well my delivery is definitely xmas day......Wife said i'm not getting it before .....nothing a back hand won't sort out i reckon!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

Flol. I'm just hoping to get mine before Xmas. Probably won't get chance to play it though as I'll be bloody working.

I hope guerilla have listened to previous comments regarding the clan system and spawn points. Two things that ruined kz3 for me.

Drive club looks decent too. Another racer to kick your ass on :rasp:

A SHED!

Ha, I'm hoping it's not another dodgy grid 2 game with poor control physics tbh ....but I suppose it was a nice feeling for you beating me for a change. ;)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

I think I'm going to pre-order one next week... is there anywhere that has game reviews out yet? I'm only going to be able to afford one game at first and don't know what to get!

Also any idea when I'd get it now? I know it wouldn't be until next year.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I wouldn't worry about ordering a game because once you've got the console people would have been playing the games for weeks on launch consoles so you'll have a better idea then.

wow is the demand that big for ps4? i ordered mine on the 12th september so i'm guessing i wont receive mine until christmas time?

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Got my Ticket from Shopto on Friday confirming i will be getting mine on 29th November:D I payed for it a few weeks back as i didn't want to splash out nearly £500 on a new console near christmas, i have only got the console and not ordered any games with it yet but will very likely be upgrading to one of the new packs sony have planned... £430 and you get the PS4 , 2 dualshocks , a camera and Killzone 3... have never played kz but that seems a good deal so will go give it a go. Will also be getting the full version of driveclub ( hopefully supports my G25 ) battlefield 4 and call of duty ghost, should keep me busy for a while:D

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

I had an email from Game saying i will definitely be getting mine before Xmas and I only pre ordered it a couple of weeks ago.

I'm hoping the bundles will change though as I'm not too sure I want Drive Club (I had it in my head that it was The Crew when pre ordering). Killzone 4 looks very good though, and from what I've been reading they have corrected some of the s**t in multi player that they introduced in KZ3.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I going with the free version of drive club with playstation plus, then if I feel the need for more I can upgrade or buy more stuff, rather that that buying it upfront not knowing whether I'll like it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

I'll have to look in to that.

Game said that I should be able to swap a game if I wanted to when I pick it up so I'll see what else is out.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

wow is the demand that big for ps4? i ordered mine on the 12th september so i'm guessing i wont receive mine until christmas time?

Where did you order from? For instance Amazon say only orders received before the 6th August are guaranteed for this year... anything after it's 2014.

Where did you order from? For instance Amazon say only orders received before the 6th August are guaranteed for this year... anything after it's 2014.

amazon :dapprove: think i'll go down to my local game store tomorrow and see what date i'll get if i pre order with them

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

GAME just called me about my preorder (that I got for free). 440 for the console, Killzone and Driveclub apparently.

I've said I don't want it, so at least someone else will be able to have it instead

Citroen DS3 DSport

I preordered with Shopto 1.5 weeks ago and received my email stating I will receive the console on the first day of release.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Do you actually save any money with the bundles? I'm not sure whether to get the Watch Dogs or Killzone one... or just pre-order the console and see what the best game is after a little while.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

I pre ordered mine of Argos ages ago, do they do bundles?

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Just waiting to hear if shopto have a Mega Bundle for me. I preordered in Feb so should have a good chance :p

You stand a very good chance of getting offered one if you preordered in Feb but my advice would be not to bother if they do offer you it , that way i may stand a chance of getting one with my June preorder;):p

I pre ordered mine of Argos ages ago, do they do bundles?

Yes Argos are also selling the bundles . Sony have requested that retailers sell the mega bundle £10 either side of the £420 Xbox one but most are selling if for around the £450 mark, the other 2 are supposed to be £380 but again they are £400:S:mad:

mega bundle:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/246285.htm

with killzone :

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/246282.htm

with Watchdogs

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/246284.htm

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Shopto seem to be very confidant of now fulfilling all preorders even if preordering now they are saying release day ....

[h=3]Guarantee[/h]We are so confident that you will receive PS4 Console Inc Killzone Shadow Fall for Friday 29th of November 2013 that if for ANY reason you do not we will compensate you with £5.00 to your account.
* Only if pre-ordered by 12pm on Wednesday 27th of November 2013 See Terms and Conditions

http://www.shopto.net/video games/ps4/PS4HW27-ps4-console-inc-killzone-shadow-fall