ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Bux

Golf GTD
Re: PS4 pre-order

Shopto seem to be very confidant of now fulfilling all preorders even if preordering now they are saying release day ....

Guarantee

We are so confident that you will receive PS4 Console Inc Killzone Shadow Fall for Friday 29th of November 2013 that if for ANY reason you do not we will compensate you with £5.00 to your account.
* Only if pre-ordered by 12pm on Wednesday 27th of November 2013 See Terms and Conditions

http://www.shopto.net/video games/ps4/PS4HW27-ps4-console-inc-killzone-shadow-fall

It's a sneaky tactic that.
If they sell 1 more PS3 because of this, it will cover the £5 refund for 80 customers. So chances are they will sell more than 1 more, and will make a tidy profit off of it even if they don't deliver on release day.

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Thing is they won't charge you anything until they have the console in stock and ready to be dispatched, all you have to do is preorder and if they fail to deliver it to you by the 29th then you get £5 credited to your account.

dk

911 GTS Cab

It's a sneaky tactic that.
If they sell 1 more PS3 because of this, it will cover the £5 refund for 80 customers. So chances are they will sell more than 1 more, and will make a tidy profit off of it even if they don't deliver on release day.
you do know they have to buy the console to sell it on right?

they don't make £400 profit on each one......

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Home alone and kinda annoyed tonight so just pre-ordered my PS4.

Interesting.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

I see that the PS4 has increased in price to around £400 area at different places. I pre ordered mine at Argos many months ago, will I have to pay the increased price or the price when I popped in?

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Its only £400 if bought with either killzone or watchdogs as a pack otherwise its still £350 for the console alone.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I'd say, the retailers are now gearing up for only offering bundles with a game, hence the reason everything seems to be starting at £400.

Wonder if that bundled game is physical or a code to download it?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

It is strange like, by the sounds of it. The people on here who have bought more than 1 unit may get quit a bit profit selling the others on with all this shortage

sure hope Argos is still doing it at £349 all I'm not after a bundle really at the minute

Clio 1.2 16v

Did you pay up front Gedi? Pretty sure they can't increase the price they quoted originally

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

Nah I just gave them the £20 deposit and they gave me a voucher card thingy which they specifically said don't loose it. I popped in first week in August

Nah I just gave them the £20 deposit and they gave me a voucher card thingy which they specifically said don't loose it. I popped in first week in August

yeah thats fine, they can't put the price up once a deposit has been paid.

dk

911 GTS Cab

ouch

PS4 pre-order prices have been inflated by online retailer Simply Games.

Despite originally advertising the PS4 to pre-order customers for £349, Simply Games has informed users that they must now pay at least £415 to secure a console at launch.

"Thanks for bearing with us with whilst we finalised stock configurations with
Sony
," reads a Simply Games statement.

"We have now completed this process and as mentioned last week the pack configurations that we will actually be receiving DO differ slightly from the selection you originally made."

Customers are encouraged to upgrade their orders to guarantee a console at launch.

Simply Games told
MCV
that this was a retailer-led initiative, and that the bundles have generally been well received.

"We can confirm that ours is largely a retailer-led initiative and on site we have listed a combination of Sony bundles and our own PS4 bundle offers.

"By and large these offers have been very well received, to the point at which our launch allocation has now all been sold through."

Sony, meanwhile, said that bundles have been announced to give customers more choice, but are not mandatory.

"We value our consumers and offered the bundles precisely to give them choice and value. And the key word there is choice," reads a Sony statement.

"We have not nor would we ever force people to buy one of these instead. Sony is not and would not force anyone to buy something they don't want."

sony announced the 4 official bundles today, the normal pack for £349, the one with killzone for £399, one with watchdogs for £399 or the mega bundle for £449, although its a load of b****cks, as they are the same price as buying individually for the 2 with the games!!!

Trophy #491

Shopto seem to be very confidant of now fulfilling all preorders even if preordering now they are saying release day ....

Guarantee

We are so confident that you will receive PS4 Console Inc Killzone Shadow Fall for Friday 29th of November 2013 that if for ANY reason you do not we will compensate you with £5.00 to your account.
* Only if pre-ordered by 12pm on Wednesday 27th of November 2013 See Terms and Conditions

http://www.shopto.net/video games/ps4/PS4HW27-ps4-console-inc-killzone-shadow-fall

Are these guys genuine, I've never heard from them before?

Clio 172

Shop to are a good company, although GameStop is advertising a pre order for £329 including delivery.

dk

911 GTS Cab

I'm dubious about gamestop delivering one of those at that price, they are the only company offering one for under rrp

Mini JCW

I assume it'll be impossible to pre-order one of these for release day delivery now?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

I wonder when the second batch will be released, as it were. I'm not bothered about having it on launch day but I'm giving my PS3 away at Christmas so wouldn't mind by then!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Amazon have reduced the price of their bundles apparently, by £5-20

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Got an email from Amazon today saying because I was one of the first people to pre-order (even though I only did so last week lol?) I can choose to upgrade my order to a bundle, as I've only got the console on pre-order atm. I'm not sure though, I wanna see some reviews before I commit to buying a game.

Is everywhere still guaranteeing day one release for new preorders?

I've preordered both consoles, but decided I'll only keep the Xbox One.

Is it worth selling the £20 pre-order slip I have for the PS4?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

Game told me I'd be getting the second batch and I Pre ordered about a month ago.

Some places (shop to, I believe) are saying they will be delivered on release day apparently.

Mini JCW

Pre-ordered the console alone via Amazon who assured me it'd be second batch release and here in time for christmas, which is good as it's a present off the folks :)

Just need to buy a game or two, and a decent set of headphones :)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

When did you order from Amazon mate? I only did so last week and haven't been told when it's coming... don't care about getting it on release day (which I know I won't) but before Christmas would be nice!

Mini JCW

When did you order from Amazon mate? I only did so last week and haven't been told when it's coming... don't care about getting it on release day (which I know I won't) but before Christmas would be nice!

Pre-ordered today mate. Asked Amazon CS on a few seperate occasions if pre-Christmas delivery was guaranteed and they assured me it was.

Thinking KillZone and BF4 are the games to get. What's everyone else ordered / ordering?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Oh that's good hopefully be the same for me then :) I'm not ordering a game until I've seen some reviews... it's a shame both Watch Dogs and Drive Club are now both put back until 2014.

i had the same email off amazon and i only pre ordered with them at the start of september, i upgraded mine to the battlefield and killzone package for £430 and thats getting it on release day. sorted

Ordered BT4 and NFS to go with KZ that comes in the Mega Bundle. Plus my son can take Fifa 14 back to Game and trade in for the PS4 version if he has enough pocket money

just got an email off amazon

"Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Sony PlayStation 4 Action Pack (PS4)"
Estimated arrival date: November 29 2013 - November 29 2013"

happy days