ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Re: PS4 pre-order

The app for iOS/Android looks pretty cool: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/03/shuhei-yoshida-shows-off-the-new-playstation-app/

playstation-app-ps4-01.png

playstation-app-ps4-03.png

playstation-app-ps4-04.png

A SHED!

Got an email today saying they've switched me to the kz/steelbox only bundle, due to drive being pulled. Not fussed as long as i have KZ. Although it would be nice to have something else to play.

A SHED!

i've never played killzone before but i've seen that a lot on here rate highly

Honestly mate, KZ2 was epic for clan battles. The masses were distracted with COD AND BF which made it awesome I guess. KZ3 tried to copy COD and ruined it in my opinion. It's the only game I feel that actually relied on skill to win rather than luck.

Honestly mate, KZ2 was epic for clan battles. The masses were distracted with COD AND BF which made it awesome I guess. KZ3 tried to copy COD and ruined it in my opinion. It's the only game I feel that actually relied on skill to win rather than luck.

look forward to playing this then, sounds right up my street. I've got the KZ4 & BF4 PS4 bundle pre ordered so can't wait to play this then

Arctic 182

I'm going to wait a few months until the PS4 slim is released, along with major updates & big fixes! The first batch/releases are always problematic & it takes a while to iron out the creases.

I'm going to wait a few months until the PS4 slim is released, along with major updates & big fixes! The first batch/releases are always problematic & it takes a while to iron out the creases.

Have you seen the size of the PS4? A slim would make it invisible.

Next-gen-console-size-comparison.jpg

Arctic 182

Have you seen the size of the PS4? A slim would make it invisible.

Next-gen-console-size-comparison.jpg

Maybe not slim as such then (They still might) but in terms of an upgrade. Like the iPhone 4 - 4S - 5 - 5S.

It won't be long until Sony bring out a newer PS4 after the original!

Revels Mum & Sister

Newer? How will you benefit. Physical size will be limited a lot by the fact it has an optical drive in and I imagine some fairly hefty cooling in there. I would be highly surprised if they release anything in the next 12 months.

It also will not be an upgrade! Can you imagine the uproar if they release the PS4 now and then decide in 6-12 months to make an upgrade to hardware and performance like you mention with iphone's!

Also looking at the cost of the XBOX and PS4 I highly doubt they are making much if any profit on the actual hardware right now, to release a newer model would mean they would never make profit on hardware.

I don't understand why it has to be so small. It just screams heating issues to me?? I still have the original shoebox size ps3 and the size of that doesn't bother me (it's just the sound of a 787 dreamliner taking off that is annoying).

Maybe not slim as such then (They still might) but in terms of an upgrade. Like the iPhone 4 - 4S - 5 - 5S.

If your only reason for waiting is for the newer version, I think you'll be waiting for at least 24 months. imo.

Apparently if you pre-ordered a console from Amazon they are launching a buy 2 get 1 free promotion on games. It's already gone live in a few other countries and rumored to be launching tomorrow in the uk.

"Order two games from our selection ( Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Need for Speed: Rivals or Call of Duty Ghosts ) and get another game for free ( Killzone: Shadow fall, Knack or Drive Club )."

Audi TT 225 Quattro

LOL the 1st version isn't even out yet and you are talking about a slim version:S

PS1 had an upgrade 5 years after release

PS2 was 4 years

PS3 had 2 upgrades 3 years apart

So you may only have to wait 2 years+ for your PS4 slim version;)

On a serious note I can see them doing a bigger hard drive version within a year as 500GB is going nowhere with avg 50GB installs per game:dapprove: don't think they will be dropping in price either for a long while as £350 for a base machine is cheap!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

On a serious note I can see them doing a bigger hard drive version within a year as 500GB is going nowhere with avg 50GB installs per game:dapprove: don't think they will be dropping in price either for a long while as £350 for a base machine is cheap!
Not necessarily... they'll probably just suggest swapping out the drive for a 9.5mm drive / capacity of your choice.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Apparently if you pre-ordered a console from Amazon they are launching a buy 2 get 1 free promotion on games. It's already gone live in a few other countries and rumored to be launching tomorrow in the uk.

"Order two games from our selection ( Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Need for Speed: Rivals or Call of Duty Ghosts ) and get another game for free ( Killzone: Shadow fall, Knack or Drive Club )."

That's US only, no?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Good things come in small packages iirc.

Well that's very true.

I'll be getting a PS4 but not for a few months. Really looking forward to getting the XBO next Friday. Size doesn't bother me too much as I have enough space under the TV and the 360 will make way for it anyway.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Well that's very true.

I'll be getting a PS4 but not for a few months. Really looking forward to getting the XBO next Friday. Size doesn't bother me too much as I have enough space under the TV and the 360 will make way for it anyway.

Me too mate, the 360 is getting moved upstairs where I'm planning on playing GTA when the Mrs decides to watch something shite on TV (most days tbh).

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Its definitely a good idea. However, there is the very likely possibility that further "patches" will be available on the 2 week run up to the Euro launch.

Honda. Tesla Someday

Lots of reports coming in about ps4 retail units failing. Kotaku had a system fail, as did two members of neogaf, IGN and another guy doing a live stream.nno explanation from Sony yet but it is raising concerns. My guess? Cooling system. There is a lot crammed in to a tiny space, with only 1 small fan and only rear vents.

Google it to find out more, it's reported all over.

Its a shame really, the hardware specs for the ps4 are actually good and for it to have these issues would be a little crappy!

Guess we will know more soon once Americans buy it (launch 15th November). Hopefully it's just a fluke / coincidence.

Failure rate is under 0.5% so far, which is actually very impressive. Average for new tech is about 5%, xbox 360 was about 15% i think.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
PS4 pre-order

I think it's more a hope of failure from Xbox fanboys at present. As long as mine works I couldn't give a damn and even if it does have issues it'll get replaced.
No worries here.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Sony are saying that the faults aren't all the same though, so unlikely to be a design fault.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

The 0.04% was an error on Sony's side. They have changed it to 0.4% now.

Been following the launch thread on neogaf with great hilarity.

The HDMI problem seems to be either cheap cables bundled with the console which Is bending the pins, or a piece of metal inside the socket stopping the cable from fully inserting.

Some having problems with freezing as well.

Quite glad for the two week delay in Europe now.