ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Evo 5 RS
mine don't budge above 47c now they have a dedicated 480 radiator.

Seeing as I chop and change so much I've never really seen the point in w/c video cards. They work just fine at reference temps and the air con unit means they don't really cause an issue anyway lol. Especially where the Titan is concerned as they're so quiet anyway. Never overclock GPUs either, it's a bit of a mugs game.

Evo 5 RS
y9uvy9e4.jpg
umy2aqes.jpg

The Revo cables are quite rigid so have avoided doing any real hiding for now. Just got it up and running. All cards sit at around 77c when benchmarking.

Last edited:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'll take solace in the fact that my case is tidier inside. For now, anyway.

How much extra performance has that third one given? Starting to feel like I need a second 670, even though I only game with one monitor at 1080

Nothing on silent scones but its arrived!!!
maxed out alienware x51.
Plays gta4 on full graphics with 60fps
Quickly set it up at home so looks scruffy. Will be set up properly when I get it back to base.
ugygy2yt.jpg

Evo 5 RS
So had the U2913WM monitor for awhile now, and it's a brilliant piece of kit. I've saved desk space by not having two monitors, but have enough desktop space for multiple windows without being cluttered. The few pixels I've lost in height haven't really had anything of a negative impact.

Aesthetically the screen is very pleasing to look at, but higher grade DELL monitors normally are. The only bezel is the one along the bottom edge with the central DELL logo. The rest of the screen is completely free. Although this is some what misleading once you turn it on, as approximately an inch of this is left blank. Not really a complaint though, just an observation. The USB 3.0 hub on the left hand side is a nice touch, although the ASUS 24" IPS had 4. Not a massive loss though.

The image quality is what you'd expect of any decent IPS panel, the contrast and clarity is superb and have no complaints with regards to colours. It's slightly slower than some of it's counterparts with a response time of 8ms (some higher grade IPS screens stretch to 6ms) but the difference isn't noticeable. In game there are no real signs of ghosting.

Gaming is also what you'd expect with a resolution of 2560x1080 at 29". It gives off a much greater depth of field at 21:9 and is far more cinematic than the conventional. So without stating the obvious any further it really is just great for games all round. Only had a couple of issues with games not supporting the aspect, however it's been simply fixed by finding the games ini file and manually selecting the resolution. Thankfully the PPI (pixels per inch) is barely any different to a conventional 1080p display, so the performance hit you get for the extra width is minimal.

I wouldn't say the screen is for everyone as if you have the desk room or deeper pockets, it isn't an alternative solution to having multiple screens. However it is a fantastic screen and would recommend it to anyone.

http://www.dell.com/ed/business/p/dell-u2913wm/pd

Evo 5 RS
They're nice units. You wouldn't get any issues with cooling really. The 660GTX is perfect for small form factor. To be fair you could probably run a single Titan in there without issue.

Ive read the only issue with changing out cards is the power. the X51 has a laptop style psu to keep the unit small so its not as simple as changing psu's. your welcome to send me a titan to test though ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It is very nice & clean, but tbh it takes MurderBox sooooo long to come out with stuff it's just ridiculous and whilst possibly they are not quite as refined I'd argue a good number of projects on the MDPC forum push the boundaries further.