ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

F82 M4
I wonder if there is any record of any bank ever actually getting a fraud decision right, I suspect not.

About 2 years ago I was in Gdansk in Poland and ended up in a strip club with my brother for the lol's. Endway, all the women there were literally throwing drinks at us for free, loads of vodka so obviously trying to get us pissed. One asked me if I wanted a dance and I thought f**k it why not, was a bit of fun. Anyway, at the end she said you can pay on card which is sound, so she literally whiped out a card machine from her ass and punched in some numbers in Zlotys. It was 100, so £20 like, but I was really drunk and stuck my card in and stuck the numbers in and it got "blocked". She was like, try again and I proper looked at the machine and it said 10,000 Zloty, so £2000. I was like "WTF IS THAT?" and she's like "That's the decimal points!". f**k off! I flung up and stormed out, she didn't chase me haha. So got my dance for free.

About an hour later, Barclays text me saying "we put a stop on a transaction for your safey". Top notch, cheers Barclays for having my back in a strip club! 😂

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Gotta say Scan don’t mess around when it comes to dispatching/delivery
F5131923-B65A-4704-93BF-E2270BD36218.jpeg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Finally got the new case sorted yesterday, after having to re-order from someone else.

Not the best pictures, but temps are slightly lower than before whilst being much quieter so I'm happy.

MVIMG_20201004_173447__01.jpg

MVIMG_20201004_170425.jpg

It was all crammed in here before...

IMG_20201004_111516.jpg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Looks decent! Old one looks tight haha!

It was ridiculously tight trying to squeeze both aio's in there 🤣

I literally just had enough space for the graphics card in the new one, and a last minute purchase of some braided cables made it sooo much easier to sort the hidden rats nest out!

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Anyone watch the AMD presentation? I am just about to swap from an i5 9600kf to AMD as the lad wants to stream, whats peoples thoughts on the new cpu's?

I am thinking Ryzen 7, either 3700x or 3800x would be my best bet?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone watch the AMD presentation? I am just about to swap from an i5 9600kf to AMD as the lad wants to stream, whats peoples thoughts on the new cpu's?

I am thinking Ryzen 7, either 3700x or 3800x would be my best bet?
I've got a Ryzen 5 2600 and its completely understressed doing anything

A mate of mine has a Ryzen 9 3900X and that just demolished any workload in its path😂 Its like shooting a spud gun at a naval destroyer

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I've got a Ryzen 5 2600 and its completely understressed doing anything

A mate of mine has a Ryzen 9 3900X and that just demolished any workload in its path😂 Its like shooting a spud gun at a naval destroyer
His i5 is fine running COD, but when he streams it, its laggy as f**k, so need to swap to AMD.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
RTX 2060, he wants to stream in at least 1080 at 120fps, he cant seem to do it with his current setup.

That's quite an ask tbh. Most streamers use 720p @60fps.

Although some may now start using higher resolutions when they get their hands on the 3080's.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
That's quite an ask tbh. Most streamers use 720p @60fps.

Although some may now start using higher resolutions when they get their hands on the 3080's.
Yea, i think so, but to be fair, his I5 will stream, its just laggy, so hoping an AMD will sort it.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
The 3700X will be the better buy then.

Unless you can get a deal on a 3800X that is.
I am hoping to get a deal on a 3800x to future proof him, you know for a couple of months...😂, spend a grand on a pc at xmas, and already it wont do what he wants it to, kids man, lucky its his bday soon.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I am hoping to get a deal on a 3800x to future proof him, you know for a couple of months...😂, spend a grand on a pc at xmas, and already it wont do what he wants it to, kids man, lucky its his bday soon.

The 3800X is literally the same processor but will allow a slightly better overclock.

I'm not sure when the new ones are out as that will bring the price of them down anyway.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
The 3800X is literally the same processor but will allow a slightly better overclock.

I'm not sure when the new ones are out as that will bring the price of them down anyway.
Seems like the start of Nov, looks like the middle zen 3 will be about 450ish

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
There is zero point in streaming in @ anything above 60FPS. Most (90%) people that are watching the streams are watching it on a 60Hz panel. Even the biggest of streamers (Shroud, TimTat and the Doc) stream at 1080P 60Hz.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
There is zero point in streaming in @ anything above 60FPS. Most (90%) people that are watching the streams are watching it on a 60Hz panel. Even the biggest of streamers (Shroud, TimTat and the Doc) stream at 1080P 60Hz.
Cheers mate, appreciate the reply, i just need to convince a 16 year old who thinks he's Steven Hawkins.... 😂

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Also, don't forget to mention that YouTube videos are all limited to 60fps.

All streamers end up putting their videos on YouTube. Easy money if they've got a half decent following.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Could be a good shout that, i am probably only a few months away from him being able to tw*t me.... 😂
Instil fear in him from a young age and he won't f**k you about 😂

In all seriousness, if my dad bought me a gaming PC when I was 16 then I would have ripped my penis off in excitement! I was lucky to have a 360 elite 😂

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Also, don't forget to mention that YouTube videos are all limited to 60fps.

All streamers end up putting their videos on YouTube. Easy money if they've got a half decent following.
He tries to stream through twitch, i don't know much, but said, cap your FPS at 60, it was like i called him a c*nt, he said why would i do that, i am not using an xbox.... 😂

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Instil fear in him from a young age and he won't f**k you about 😂

In all seriousness, if my dad bought me a gaming PC when I was 16 then I would have ripped my penis off in excitement! I was lucky to have a 360 elite 😂
He know's who the boss is...;), it was my partly my mistake, i should have gone with AMD from the start and didn't, my first computer was a ZX Spectrum, bit before your time....😂

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
He tries to stream through twitch, i don't know much, but said, cap your FPS at 60, it was like i called him a c*nt, he said why would i do that, i am not using an xbox.... 😂

He can game at whatever FPS he wants, trying to stream at the same rate is like pissing in the wind because it won't make a difference to what people see.

No mention of 120fps here...

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
He know's who the boss is...;), it was my partly my mistake, i should have gone with AMD from the start and didn't, my first computer was a ZX Spectrum, bit before your time....😂
My dad would have been 6 when they came out 😂 😂

AMD are top banana, people just rave about intel because they've been around for donkeys. It's a lot like going to DFS for a sofa when you can get one for £500 cheaper and has the same build quality

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
My dad would have been 6 when they came out 😂 😂

AMD are top banana, people just rave about intel because they've been around for donkeys. It's a lot like going to DFS for a sofa when you can get one for £500 cheaper and has the same build quality

Don't take this the wrong way, but f*ck right off, i got mine when i was 7, so i could be your dad... 😂

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The new Zen 3 CPUs look promising.

If you have a B550/X570 an updated bios will be available at launch. B450/X470 bios expected Jan 2021 after it was initially thought there wouldn't be support on the 4 series motherboards.

I'm on a B450 so 🤞🤞🤞