ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Looking at the razer huntsman elite keyboard. Does anyone have any experience with it? It sounds so bloody loud in the review videos I’ve watched. But I guess I need to go mechanical so gotta deal with it.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
You can get quieter mechanical keyboards, it's down to which switches they use.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Looking at the razer huntsman elite keyboard. Does anyone have any experience with it? It sounds so bloody loud in the review videos I’ve watched. But I guess I need to go mechanical so gotta deal with it.
I’ve got the huntsman elite with purple keys, they’re clicky but I like that and you know for sure when you’re hitting a key. Also really solid, good build quality and the LED strip in the palm rest is nice. Just FYI it requires two USB ports to drive all the RGB (no palmrest lighting if you don’t plug the second usb in)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
If I were to change the switches for quieter ones. I’d guess I’d lose the benefit of the optical switches that come standard with the huntsman elite keyboard?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Problem with the Huntsman is the purple optical switches it comes with are clicky ones. Considered the Blackwidow Elite instead? They have the option of Razer orange switches (tactile and silent) which would be quieter than the Huntsman. Not optical mind you, just standard mechanical.

I bought the Blackwidow Elite with orange switches a few weeks back but sent it back as it was damaged and got fucked around with a replacement so ended up getting a refund and I'm waiting to see if I can pick it up cheaper on Black Friday now. Was a nice keyboard though, and definitely not overly loud. Louder than a membrane keyboard yes, but it's not ridiculous.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone use gameboards at all?

I've used a Logitech G13 for years in conjunction with a variety of mice. Not used the WASD layout on a standard keyboard for probably near a decade now and have wondered if the Razer alternatives are any good?

They are definitely niche peripherals - but once you get used to them, keyboards feel, blocky, angular and oddly spaced out with the key locations.

1602686108195.png

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've been looking at mechanical keyboards for a while now. Never tried one. Are there any real benefits to them?

I'm still rocking a Microsoft curve keyboard I've had about 15 + years
1602753095161.png

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Problem with the Huntsman is the purple optical switches it comes with are clicky ones. Considered the Blackwidow Elite instead? They have the option of Razer orange switches (tactile and silent) which would be quieter than the Huntsman. Not optical mind you, just standard mechanical.

I bought the Blackwidow Elite with orange switches a few weeks back but sent it back as it was damaged and got fucked around with a replacement so ended up getting a refund and I'm waiting to see if I can pick it up cheaper on Black Friday now. Was a nice keyboard though, and definitely not overly loud. Louder than a membrane keyboard yes, but it's not ridiculous.
I’m unsure if I’d even notice a difference between the normal mechanical switches and optical ones, but if there is a clear advantage with the optical switches I’d like to stick with them. Just a shame they sound like type writers lol.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one, cheers!

That's what I like to hear. The Omega is probably the best sized for me as well, but the Titan appeals that bit more with the flatter base and adjustable lumbar. I just hope it's not too big as I'm on the lower end of their sizing guide for it.

Did you get a Secret Labs chair in the end?

My old office chair, which was fine before we all started working from home, had now worn terribly after just 6 months of daily use.

I'm wanting a Secret Labs I think, I'm 180cm so top end of Omega and bottom of Titan, similar to you I presume? My head is telling me to go with Titan but I like the idea of the snug fit base of the Omega.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

My old office chair, which was fine before we all started working from home, had now worn terribly after just 6 months of daily use.

I'm wanting a Secret Labs I think, I'm 180cm so top end of Omega and bottom of Titan, similar to you I presume? My head is telling me to go with Titan but I like the idea of the snug fit base of the Omega.
I've got the Titan and it's been an absolute god-send during lockdown - having had to work from home and sat at the PC for most of the day.

For the record, I'm 6'1" and the seat base is a lot flatter than on the Omega, which has higher bolsters. Apparently the Titan seat base is for gamers who like to fold their legs up on the chair?? No thanks - I'll just sit as normal!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
on my desktop pc, the side panel which is held on by those 2 swist on screws. For quit some time and it's starting to bother me now, vibration noise like a high pitch constant noise. When i press in the side panel it stops and when i let go it starts. When i mess around with it a few times it stops and a little bit later it starts again.

Any recomendation how to fix the noise?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Any other alternatives to look at before I order the Astro A50 headset or are they the best of the bunch really? I’d like to stick with sennheiser but I’m not sure what they offer at the same level as the A50s.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Any other alternatives to look at before I order the Astro A50 headset or are they the best of the bunch really? I’d like to stick with sennheiser but I’m not sure what they offer at the same level as the A50s.

Do they have to be wireless? I’ve got the Logitech G Pro X headset and it’s much better than anything I’ve used.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Yes mate, I went with the Titan in the end pretty much solely for the flatter base and it's probably the best decision I've ever made. Like @Darren S says it's been fantastic for WFH. I'm just annoyed I debated for so long on whether it was worth it or not!

I'm about 177cm so was right on the bottom end for the Titan. It's a big chair, there's no mistaking that, and the Omega probably would've fitted me better but I just don't think I could've got on with the bolstered base (I fidget too much lol and I don't think I would've got on with how much it hugs you).

The Titan is great though, and the depth of the seat base on it is probably the only place it feels a little big. If I sit right back in it, the base near enough touches the back of my knees, but I've just got used to sitting out a little bit with the lumbar support pushed out a bit more and it's perfect.

I'd take a guess and say that either chair would be fine for the 175-180cm mark. I've never sat in the omega but I had a look at the differences in dimensions and there's not a massive amount in it. Just the base that swung it for me. The only thing I would say is when I was reading the dimensions on the Omega, the actual width of the base between the bolsters seemed very narrow, and I'm only 70kg. I probably misinterpreted them though considering the weight range they advertise it for!

I've never sat in the omega but I had a look at the differences in dimensions and there's not a massive amount in it. Just the base that swung it for me. The only thing I would say is when I was reading the dimensions on the Omega, the actual width of the base between the bolsters seemed very narrow, and I'm only 70kg. I probably misinterpreted them though considering the weight range they advertise it for!

I have an omega, although I'm only 170cm with 32" waist and it's fine for me between the bolsters. Just had a measure and it's 14" across the base where the bolsters are are their highest and 13" at the point the base meets the seat back. I've been permanently WFH since end Feb and it's been fantastic, especially as my company offered cash to everyone to setup their homeworking and it fully paid for the chair.

Any more questions, measurement or pics, just let me know

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Have you used a G-Sync monitor before?

Well do for winning it too!
Cheers, nope never played on pc before or used a fancy monitor lol.

Do they have to be wireless? I’ve got the Logitech G Pro X headset and it’s much better than anything I’ve used.
If you are gonna be sitting at a desk then why would you need wireless?
Yes needs to be wireless. The cable on these Sennheisers is 3m long...can be annoying.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I had the Gen 3 Astro A50s and loved them. Best headset I've ever owned. Gave them to my boy when he started playing online with his pals otherwise I'd still be using them.

Volume and sound quality is second to none imo. I found the Steel series headsets to be too quiet for my liking.

I need to upgrade my graphics card to run Cyberpunk when it comes out. I'm already playing gta5 at 4k getting about 40/50fps on medium settings. So I don't think I'm miles away. It's really just the graphics card that's letting me down. Maybe a bigger power supply will be needed for the new card? I'm thinking about the 3070

What do you guys think?

Current spec:
Asus Z170-A Intel Z170 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz
SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W "80 Plus Gold" Power Supply
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Twin Turbo OC 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry if this is the wrong thread but,i will be getting a PC soon & dont really have any idea on whats good,whats not good,what to look for etc.So some help would be great please.

Ideally looking for a Desk Top PC that will mainly be used for Storing all my photos & editing,along with using just for browsing.
Also a little bit of Gaming but nothing to major,budget wise £500-700 Tops.