ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
😂exactly that

I made sure I bought a non rgb monitor and a case with no window and fitted non rgb fans.

Keyboard is non rgb but my mouse is, don't see it with my hand on it though.
My mate has his set in rainbow spew, it'd distract me too much

That graphics card I got from you has a red sapphire logo but the rest of my gear is green😂 I turn the front LED on my case off because its blue and doesn't match😂😂

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mate has his set in rainbow spew, it'd distract me too much

That graphics card I got from you has a red sapphire logo but the rest of my gear is green😂 I turn the front LED on my case off because its blue and doesn't match😂😂
I wouldn't cope with rainbow🤣

Can you change the colour on the card? I never looked into it as I didn't see it.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’m going for the razer chroma extended mat, razer huntsman mini keyboard (red linear optical switches) and razer viper ultimate mouse. I’ve went for razer throughout as it would annoy me too much having a ducky keyboard with a razer mouse/mat etc.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
If I get a sticker I usually just whack it on my work laptop including a CSOC one🤮🤮🤮

20201024_113041.jpg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Not all new games scale too well yet, and of course if you want to play anything a little bit older you’re all about the single core. 90% of the stuff I play scales like s**t.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know why Currys has the OC version cheaper? Overclockers has it more expensive. Also which is the one to go for?

Hold off until the big navi launch next week. There are rumours they might be faster for less $$$

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I wonder how they'll do the ray tracing on Xbox/PS5 as they're both RDNA2 like Big Navi.

Either way I'd wait, Nvidia might be forced to drop prices.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Cyberpunk uses Microsoft’s Direct X 12 Ultimate API which is supported on the new AMD cards and consoles.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had Friday booked off and got several jobs done, including the MOT and finally blasting out the s**t and dust using the air compressor whilst I was at the garage 😉

To say it hadn’t been cleaned in months, the dust build up wasn’t as bad as I thought. That said, the GPU rad did have loads of dust in it. When I got back, I separated both the GPU and CPU pumps from their mounts and cleaned and reapplied some fresh paste.

Quite a healthy drop in temps - got the below after being in Warframe for several rounds.

1603618681052.jpeg

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Headsets. Talk to me.

I run a set of Zalman 5.1 headphones I've had 17 years. They're true surround sound (6 separate speakers for front centre and rear with virtual bass) which is great for FPS rather than virtual surround sound where you just have a single speaker each side.

However over the last year or so the ear muff bits have lost the rubber covers but the sponge is ok. And a few people have commented on interference over the mic.

I've been looking at replacements and of the true 7.1 headsets there's a choice of Asus ROG Centurion or Theta. The Centurion have 10 speakers with a dedicated bass driver, the Theta have 8 larger speakers with virtual bass like my current set.

The Centurion are about 3 years old now and the Theta were released this year.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I've been running a H100i for about 3 years now.

I did use the iCue software but found it rubbish in all honesty. I now run the older Corsair Link software which has better control over the pump and fans.

I would definitely consider an NZXT model if I was looking for one now though.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Not getting any stupid temps on anything, but my air cooler is noisy AF and even at full chat a X63 is over 10dB quieter

Only thing that puts me off the NZXT at this moment in time is people have said the pumps are w**k :(

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Noisy air coolers are why I went with an AIO.

I had a H80i before and that lasted a good 5 years before I replaced it - purely because I had room for a bigger one 😂

I have my fans set to 40% max it it doesn't go over 60c.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone run an NZXT Kraken X63?

Been toying with either that or the Corsair H100i
Been running with a H115i myself for a good number of years. Does the job well enough and I've never really had any heating issues. Ironically, I do however fit everything inside an NZXT case - though the H115i rad JUST fitted in at the top of the case. Literally push and screw in at the same time.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Headsets. Talk to me.

I run a set of Zalman 5.1 headphones I've had 17 years. They're true surround sound (6 separate speakers for front centre and rear with virtual bass) which is great for FPS rather than virtual surround sound where you just have a single speaker each side.

However over the last year or so the ear muff bits have lost the rubber covers but the sponge is ok. And a few people have commented on interference over the mic.

I've been looking at replacements and of the true 7.1 headsets there's a choice of Asus ROG Centurion or Theta. The Centurion have 10 speakers with a dedicated bass driver, the Theta have 8 larger speakers with virtual bass like my current set.

The Centurion are about 3 years old now and the Theta were released this year.
I went from Razer Kraken headset to the Steel Series Arctis 7 recently and the difference is incredible, also having a wireless headset with that good quality is very nice. Would definitely recommend taking a look.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’ve decided to go wireless so I’ve changed to Logitech peripherals

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member

You have the same monitor and mouse as me now. I really like the g502 and you can add or remove weight which is nice. Still love the monitor aswell, but the edge light does bleed sometimes when you have a dark background.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

One day you'll have to combine all these components into an actual functioning PC. Can't just keep buying bits forever.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I still got my Logitec G5 gaming mouse from years ago, Blue Camo Snake skin kind of effect. Absolutly love it, the scroll wheel plays up here and there due to it's age but it frees up back to normal.

Also another note, is the HDD's same on the Desk Top same as a PS4 Pro? I don't want to buy another one and asking my family if they have one spare. Plus it's only a couple weeks away from the PS5, anyone on here got a second hand one going spare? I believe the HDD has flaked out

Thanks

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cyberpunk uses Microsoft’s Direct X 12 Ultimate API which is supported on the new AMD cards and consoles.

Really am sceptical about DX12. I had big hopes for it and certainly on paper, it sounds like a step-up from DX11.

Yet time and again, its s**t to the point of breaking things. Total War - Warhammer II I can't launch in DX12. It simply refuses to start. Civ VI has weird jerking of the graphics - almost like a really bad screen-tear V-Sync problem and one black line that flickers across the map when I scroll down to it. Tried many graphical changes with it and nothing solved worked. Relaunched the game and selected DX11 - boom, super smooth, no flickering or tearing.

I've not yet once come across a DX12 game and gone "wow - that's a step-up."

Would be better if they just scrapped it and started afresh with DX13.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Re-built my PC Back in April, only new games ive played since then are the latest FS. Ive also downloaded Wreckfest which is a laugh.

Any other recommendations?