ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I'm on high settings with a select few turned down/off. It jumps between 125/145ish on Warzone, but I have undervolted my card and limited the clock speed to 1950 so it has a bit more to give.

If you're looking for 160/170 then maybe a 3080 would benefit you as it should be quite a boost over the 3070ti.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hello.

I need a desk top computer for my house. Kids homework, my invoicing, and because of where it will be situated, I want to be able to plug a small sub and speakers in to it and listen to the radio.

Can anyone recommend anything?

I have absolutely no clue what I’m looking for. Budget wise, would £500 be ok??

I don’t even know where to start.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Hello.

I need a desk top computer for my house. Kids homework, my invoicing, and because of where it will be situated, I want to be able to plug a small sub and speakers in to it and listen to the radio.

Will the kids be playing a games on it? would you consider used? do you need everything, i.e Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Will the kids be playing a games on it? would you consider used?
I would consider used, but I have the worst luck with everything I buy so I’d rather new.

No games, it would just be a work station for all the family.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Hello.

There's an Intel one here that could work or this one?

plz no ban sir

As @Willo40 said do you need a monitor, mouse, keyboard etc. within the £500?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I have some old PC towers and monitors at work. They're a few years old but I could beef one up for you @Daniel. They're only gonna get binned at some stage

Just drop me a WhatsApp and I'll grab you one. It can tide you along for a bit until you see the need for a better one, no point in spending £500 on a fuckin toaster

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate did scan say a few days but I think mine took nearly 2 weeks. Worth the wait though it's a great service from them.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Nice mate did scan say a few days but I think mine took nearly 2 weeks. Worth the wait though it's a great service from them.
I paid for the fast(er) delivery but it did have a note saying it may take a few days. I’m away on Thursday for a few days so hopefully it’s here before then. Doubt it though

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I paid for the fast(er) delivery but it did have a note saying it may take a few days. I’m away on Thursday for a few days so hopefully it’s here before then. Doubt it though

Yeah see what happens mate the way they word it on the site I thought it was already built ready for order but after buying i got sent a link to the build progress page and a build start date.

Mine took 6 months I think. But that was at the peak of the semi-conductor / Covid b****cks.

Yeah I think some parts were really hard to get in stock at that point I bet that 6 month wait was painful though honestly in the build up to mine it was like counting down the days to Christmas as a kid 😂

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
What do we reckon, cable or GPU memory?
6D1F7335-8EFF-4E6A-80F5-09476B3DFA2F.jpeg

Single frame corruption, every 20 seconds to a minute, 3070 running 4k120HDR on a LG B9. Genuine belkin cable, doesn’t appear in shadowplay recorded footage. Frame can sometimes be from a few seconds prior.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
What do we reckon, cable or GPU memory?
View attachment 1594972
Single frame corruption, every 20 seconds to a minute, 3070 running 4k120HDR on a LG B9. Genuine belkin cable, doesn’t appear in shadowplay recorded footage. Frame can sometimes be from a few seconds prior.
The frame sometimes being from a few seconds prior would suggest it not being the cable. Does it happen with other media?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The frame sometimes being from a few seconds prior would suggest it not being the cable. Does it happen with other media?
Constant. Desktop, in game, etc. When I say a few seconds, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, possibly up to a second, but definitely not quite the frame or two before if you get me.

GPUMemTest checks out okay.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Constant. Desktop, in game, etc. When I say a few seconds, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, possibly up to a second, but definitely not quite the frame or two before if you get me.

Probably a silly question, but do you have your TV in game mode?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup

Do you have a different TV/monitor to try it on?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Aye just swap the cable, start with the cheapest option first

Also, do you not have a spare lying around? Always worth having multiples of everything when it comes to consumables that are relatively cheap, but stop you in your tracks. Nothing worse than sitting down to have a good session on the PC and finding out your ethernet/DP/HDMI cable is shagged🙃

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I imagine that there'll be something in your "contract" that once the build reaches a certain point then you cannot cancel "penalty free".

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I imagine that there'll be something in your "contract" that once the build reaches a certain point then you cannot cancel "penalty free".
They emailed 9 minutes before their office closed and the build is due to start tomorrow. Sneaky w*****s

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Once the build starts it's really quick tbh. I had same email and I'm pretty sure it was delayed by only 1 day in the end.

Build started 3rd of May and I received it on the 5th.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It’ll be here next Wednesday. Although unfortunately, I think I may have broken my right hand. What timing 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣