ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
That’s the thing with these drives, the speeds they can do are ridiculous, even a ‘slow’ one is faster than most people will ever need, and would certainly struggle to see the difference.

Still 5k Mbps read lol.

Yea it may be the slower model of the WD Black line, but the WD Blue line run at 3000 read/write, and models by some other brands are around 2000, so it's still much faster.
Kingston are offering a line at 7000+ read/write 😲

I'm guessing it's for use in a PC and not PS5? It's just Sony recommend a heatsink around the M2 for use in the console.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing it's for use in a PC and not PS5? It's just Sony recommend a heatsink around the M2 for use in the console.
Wash your mouth out and check the thread title ;)

(yup would be for PC, although still procrastinating on it! Think I paid £240 for a 1TB nvme 5 years ago :ROFLMAO:)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I've both, and I prefer to play the PC using the controller from the Playstation.

I'll leave the front door on the latch, so the hard drive checkers can let themselves in.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Controller on PC? So many snow flakes/cheaters on here….

200.gif

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'll start using controller on PC for single player games (RDR2/Cyberpunk) bit overkill using K&M and with vehicles etc a controller is much better. Ever tried GTA on K&M? f**king woeful lol.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Anyone stuck a much newer 3080/6900 gpu on a much older cpu? Like a i58600k

just wondering how many frames for games before the bottleneck kicks in at higher detail.

i could possibly stick a better cpu in my z370, but I don’t wanna. I need the spare cash for aimbot and wallhack software.

Evo 5 RS
Not yet. I've mainly bought this for racing - though I have heard a lot of good reviews about Alyx.
Both those purposes will knock your socks off

Noticed that all the people that liked you pic are indeed controller boobs other than me 😝😝 Just saying 😜

Must admit I play 90% of stuff with a controller these days, but multiplayer FPS no way. I stream most stuff to the livingroom via Gamestream (which NV are removing from ShieldTV as of February in order to force people onto Geforce Now, the c***s).

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I played every FIFA until this year

Just the same s**t game recycled. I'm hoping since EA lost the rights that it will be better in the future... I mean it can't get any worse unless the makers of WZ2 had a go
f**k that. Can you imagine have to score a goal so you could get your loadout of a pair of predators with uprated laces and studs, and perks like speed boost.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Controller on PC is fine for driving games - unless you have a wheel.

Shoot'ems, it's got to be Mouse and keyboard, surely?

Nonces.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I did something stupid. Again.

I fancied doing a case transplant as I don't like the XPS case at all.

Then I decided I wanted to upgrade the motherboard, because the Dell one is pap and won't even let me enable XMP. I don't need more memory performance, it just annoys me that I can't have it.

Then I decided what I really fancied was doing a small form factor build as I've never tried that, so I bought a mini-ITX case and a mini-ITX motherboard.

Then I bought a CPU cooler which would fit in the mini-ITX case, because the current one is too tall.

Then I remembered the Dell PSU is non standard, so I bought a new PSU.

Then I found the physical size of the SSD was too small for the motherboard as Dell use the really tiny laptop ones. Obviously just getting one of the £10 kits off Amazon to make it longer wasn't acceptable so I was literally forced to buy a new 2Tb SSD. Literally. Forced.

Actual bits being carried over? CPU. Graphics card.

Should have just bought a new PC :LOL:

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I did something stupid. Again.

I fancied doing a case transplant as I don't like the XPS case at all.

Then I decided I wanted to upgrade the motherboard, because the Dell one is pap and won't even let me enable XMP. I don't need more memory performance, it just annoys me that I can't have it.

Then I decided what I really fancied was doing a small form factor build as I've never tried that, so I bought a mini-ITX case and a mini-ITX motherboard.

Then I bought a CPU cooler which would fit in the mini-ITX case, because the current one is too tall.

Then I remembered the Dell PSU is non standard, so I bought a new PSU.

Then I found the physical size of the SSD was too small for the motherboard as Dell use the really tiny laptop ones. Obviously just getting one of the £10 kits off Amazon to make it longer wasn't acceptable so I was literally forced to buy a new 2Tb SSD. Literally. Forced.

Actual bits being carried over? CPU. Graphics card.

Should have just bought a new PC :LOL:
Did the exact same thing when I upgraded my CPU. The only things that carried over were a hard drive and the GPU, and the GPU was also replaced within a month 😂

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
CPU cooler is missing from my delivery. Company say they are overwhelmed with customer queries because of postal strikes so give them four days to respond to emails about missing items. 🤷‍♂️

I also ordered an ATX power supply by mistake. For some reason my brain translated the "RMx" in the part number to SFX.

This is going very well.