ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Latest version of 'Perfected' mod mate. It's got a few weapon changes and adds the newer features. And a high res texture pack. Can't remember which though! Will have to look...

Note even with three 780tis at 1440P for me performance was a little broken!
Thanks mate - I'll check it out. I don't think it will run too well fully maxed out from what you're saying... LOL! I don't mind sacrificing a bit of resolution and visual splendour for another run through the game though (with improved visuals).

I've decided that the 540 looks cool as f**k with the window at the top :cool:
That works! :) And I like the canvas print mate; it's giving me ideas...

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Hhmmn. People are finally getting their mitts on the K|ngP|n variant of the 780 Ti. They're cherry picked that's for sure.

1307Mhz core on the stock air cooler with 1.61v (basically stock). Someone's managed a 1500mhz core run on the stock cooler, not sure what volts. That lays shame to the reference cards...

God damn it, why are the reference cards locked to 1.2v :(

Must...resist...

Not worth me buying one though, novelty would wear off and it needs LN2 or liquid helium to be worth the pennies.

Cayman S Edition 1
Got my second Gigabyte 280x OC Windforce installed last night. Not really needed, but thought, why not;)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Must...resist...

Not worth me buying one though, novelty would wear off and it needs LN2 or liquid helium to be worth the pennies.
So... we'll expect to see a new triple-SLI setup in the coming weeks... :p

Just an update following on from the coil whine / EMI issue from the other day; it's now completely gone. Not even a hint of whine. It seems to have bedded in nicely. :) I also downloaded the Perfected mod for Doom 3 and enjoyed making a start on that again. It looks a lot prettier than the standard version (which you'd expect of course!) I fear my Xbox One will be collecting a lot of dust from now on. So much for not using this as a gaming PC... :eek:

Bumder With A Buffer
Had a few issues with the enb mod with skyrim so did a full delete and reinstall of everything...

Wow it looks awesome now. The night sky is soooo pwetty :eek: ! Only thing I'm unsure of is the waterfall in Markarth looks a bit crap

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Fitting LED strip to give it some light in there.

uwz8.jpg

Water temps after 24 hours

cq28.jpg

F82 M4
Got my second 280x installed and now Card 1 is reaching temps of 99deg:( Trying different ways to cool / remove heat but nothing's working, so seeing if I can send it back. Not happy.

12178952133_39df590818_c.png

IMG_2554 by JaysBoudoir Photography, on Flickr

Ouch! :(

Unfortunately it doesn't appear the best of cases (as nice as it is though) for a Crossfire setup. The first card is just bouncing air off the back of the second and the hot air is getting trapped between the first card and the motherboard. There's nowhere for the air to go except back into the fan.

The only solutions really are to space a "gap" between the cards which would require a new case and a bigger motherboard and the only other option is to put them under water, but again it's going to require a new case.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
That is with fan speed at 100% over 2x 480MM, 2x 240MM with 3 GPUs / CPU. CPU is at 1.4V but GPUs are stock. Not really all that loud. Not sure on ambient temps, was going to get another sensor.

Put it this way, when I'm going for it benchmark wise the water won't exceed 40C. Normal conditions after a long stint of gaming it will hit 30-35c.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So... we'll expect to see a new triple-SLI setup in the coming weeks... :p

Just an update following on from the coil whine / EMI issue from the other day; it's now completely gone. Not even a hint of whine. It seems to have bedded in nicely. :) I also downloaded the Perfected mod for Doom 3 and enjoyed making a start on that again. It looks a lot prettier than the standard version (which you'd expect of course!) I fear my Xbox One will be collecting a lot of dust from now on. So much for not using this as a gaming PC... :eek:

Might be worth you nabbing the latest Tomb Raider game, if you haven't already tried it m8? I got it in the Steam Winter Sale but haven't tried it until last night. Even with all the graphics options set to Normal, it's a very, very pretty game to look at. If you've got the hardware to push it, I think it should look stunning. :)

D.

F82 M4
Might be worth you nabbing the latest Tomb Raider game, if you haven't already tried it m8? I got it in the Steam Winter Sale but haven't tried it until last night. Even with all the graphics options set to Normal, it's a very, very pretty game to look at. If you've got the hardware to push it, I think it should look stunning. :)

D.

TressFX hair looks incredible! Needs some decent GPU grunt though. :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

D.
Thanks for the heads-up mate. My other half was considering getting Tomb Raider for me on the Xbox One but I think I'd rather get it on the PC. I'll take a look when I get home tonight. Cheers D! :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've got bored / hated every other Tomb Raider game so far, but the latest one was brilliant.

I know its old-ish tech now, but I'm hoping I just scored a 3rd 580 GTX Hydro Copper 2 cheap (got to wait for it to turn up). I've just got to find some more PCI-E 6+2 power cables compatible with the AX1200 now as I've managed to lose my additional ones (think this could be a challenge!)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yeah, I've ordered the full kit but its pre-order as they sell so few units so its debatable whether they will actually be able to get one from Corsair. I don't believe they sell cables separately that are compatible with the AX1200 (Pro Gold), so I could be a bit screwed.

Monaro VXR
All the newer corsairs use a standaed 6 pin plug. Its only the older modular PSU's that used a different 4 pin plug. So AX and HX etc are all interchangeable, shouldn't be too difficult to get the cables.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I've got bored / hated every other Tomb Raider game so far, but the latest one was brilliant.

I know its old-ish tech now, but I'm hoping I just scored a 3rd 580 GTX Hydro Copper 2 cheap (got to wait for it to turn up). I've just got to find some more PCI-E 6+2 power cables compatible with the AX1200 now as I've managed to lose my additional ones (think this could be a challenge!)

Is that your setup chap? I didn't realise you were on the Hydro 580s. 3 should fly along at 1080p. Wouldn't go any higher though with 1.5GB VRAM

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Many. In fact I'm sure Hitman Absolution was just an empty disc letting you insert your key to download the entire game on Steam anyway. What a cop out lol!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Is that your setup chap? I didn't realise you were on the Hydro 580s. 3 should fly along at 1080p. Wouldn't go any higher though with 1.5GB VRAM

Yeah I've been with two of them for a long time (since they came out in fact) but the plan was always if possible to get hold of a third to boost things for a bit until a full refresh, they rarely come up and the last few have been the 3GB models and usually listed by spanners who have crap feedback and can't string a sentence together, finally a 1.5GB version came up from someone with decent feedback, I got it for little over £100 so pretty pleased with that (they were £650 when they first came out).

Monaro VXR
These look like they are the same to me:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cors...tors-compatible-with-hx450-hx520-hx620-and-hx-

But then I can't understand why they say "compatible with HX450, HX520, HX620 and HX 650"

Link is broken, but my older HX620 uses a 4 pin connector to the PSU for molex / sata etc, while my AX1200i and my HX1000 both use 6 pin type connectors for the normal connections Sata/Molex etc.

However they all use 6 pin on the PCI-E connections for the GPU's.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Link is broken, but my older HX620 uses a 4 pin connector to the PSU for molex / sata etc, while my AX1200i and my HX1000 both use 6 pin type connectors for the normal connections Sata/Molex etc.

However they all use 6 pin on the PCI-E connections for the GPU's.

I don't know why, but I can't get the link to work properly, if you go on scan it's scan code LN52738, if you can take a look and let me know what you think it would be much appreciated.

Monaro VXR
I don't know why, but I can't get the link to work properly, if you go on scan it's scan code LN52738, if you can take a look and let me know what you think it would be much appreciated.

Wont work, Just looked at my AX1200i (Which I believe is identical to your AX1200, with a couple new features) and the area for the PCI-E 6+2 is from an 8 pin connector. While the HX620 is a 6 pin at the PSU going to 8 pin at the GPU.

I for some reason was looking at the wrong cable section. Was looking at SATA / Peripheral bit as it's the nearest to the window on the case. Just popped side off and the AX1200 is as said 8 pin not 6 pin as I originally thought.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Scan seem to think they'll get the kit out of Corsair so that's good, heard from the seller of the card this morning also so hopefully everything is on track :)