ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Just posting to agree with the guys above... I'd want at least 3GB when running 1440p, especially considering what's just around the corner in terms of evolving rendering tech and the resources they will be consuming.

Ahh good stuff :)

I'm planning on getting the new Asus Rog Swift 1440p when it comes out in June. Just wondering if SLI 680's are going to be enough for it though, especially as they only have 2GB Vram.

im currently running a pair of 1440p monitors, with a gtx 590 and have no complaints, im waiting on the Maxwell 800 cards myself though I see ati have a card with a 120mm rad/fan built in and im considering that direction also :)

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/r9#

Last edited:

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Killed one of my dom plats lol. Think it was a bit of a runt dimm as it's dropped off before. Was only running 1.62v through it for 2133 CL8.

Life time warranty though.

IMG_0506.jpg

Apologies for the s**t pic, mess of cables and messy desk, but just finished putting the tv on the wall, so figured I'd get a quick pic up (waiting on some different cables for Xbone etc).

1621737_10154041446645557_1863017656753451427_n.jpg

They're all 22" monitors and the TV is 40" (large enough for where it is and where it can be watched from etc), much better!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Fitted a few new parts yesterday and filled with the new mayhem aurora 2 (Supernova with Yellow dye) that I managed to get a hold of.

It's not finished, so be gentle, but it need's some sleeved power cables and something to go in the PCI slots (Thinking a creative card of some variety or another GPU)

(Fluid Settled)

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
It was either that or a Classified, but I thought seeing as I can't really fit the classy into my loop permanently with two other cards without bodging it, I'd got for the Lightning. Seeing as they seem to be doing very well. Samsung IC on 512bit bus equals some pretty awesome bandwidth :D

Need a block though, although the cooler is massive!

F82 M4
Fitted a few new parts yesterday and filled with the new mayhem aurora 2 (Supernova with Yellow dye) that I managed to get a hold of.

It's not finished, so be gentle, but it need's some sleeved power cables and something to go in the PCI slots (Thinking a creative card of some variety or another GPU)

(Fluid Settled)

Looks awesome mate :cool:

I do indeed like that :)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Made a quick video of how the fluid responds while it's on, the Jet plate is still on the CPU.

[video=youtube_share;buWlEOJZeZc]http://youtu.be/buWlEOJZeZc[/video]

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Pretty smart, what fluid is it, Mayhems?

Yep Mayhems, it's the Aurora gen 2 fluid - Don't believe it's released yet. This one has finer particles, and is meant to last the life of a normal coolant. Temperatures seem much the same as the EK fluid I was using previously and it seems to be playing nicely with the jet plate so all is well so far.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Love the motion it provides, I have looked at it before but it all seems a bit unproven. Where did you get it out of interest?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Love the motion it provides, I have looked at it before but it all seems a bit unproven. Where did you get it out of interest?

I contacted the sales team and asked for some development fluid, they replied saying it's out of testing and finished, but they are phasing out the old stock before pushing the new stuff :)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Mines takes about 800ml LOL I think I'll give the red a try eventually, been running prime95 to see how the fluid holds up - it's settled at 46 degrees on an Alphacool dual 120 (60mm thick) EK 2.2 pump on a 3820 I7 which is overclocked to a light 4.4

Was thinking of putting the graphics on the loop, but uncertain if I'll be keeping the 690, might also be hard pressed to get a few more radiators in the case.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Stop killing your chip with that synthetic crap :p

had a little play with the Lightning last night, the cooler is brilliant, and that doesn't really cover half of it.

Little disappointed I can't reach 1300 core on air, and Power Play has broken my Physics score. Still impressive, albeit it took 1.5v to get there.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2059554

F82 M4
Stop killing your chip with that synthetic crap :p

had a little play with the Lightning last night, the cooler is brilliant, and that doesn't really cover half of it.

Little disappointed I can't reach 1300 core on air, and Power Play has broken my Physics score. Still impressive, albeit it took 1.5v to get there.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2059554

Noticed you were on 3dmark on Steam for the majority of last night :rasp:

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Will chuck my rig specs up here for fun.

I7 3770k @4.6ghz
Maximus Gene mobo
16gb ddr3 1800mhz
2x AMD R9 - 290x
1 kw xfx platinum pro psu

Boom

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Does anybody have issues with the Nvidia Experience and drivers refusing to update ? It tells me I have an update due, I click install and it just closes !

I also have issues installing drivers directly from the site, I think I need to rebuild :/

Last edited:
Looks tidy, got a lot of love for this case, I'd of gone for one if I could fit everything into it!

Though I hear Parvum are making bigger ones soon, so we'll see whether or not it's worth chopping in my Carbide 540 for :)

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Looks tidy, got a lot of love for this case, I'd of gone for one if I could fit everything into it!

Though I hear Parvum are making bigger ones soon, so we'll see whether or not it's worth chopping in my Carbide 540 for :)

Well the best thing about Parvum is you can simply email them and they will make you a custom built size.

That case i have is 4CM widers than the stock cases :)

Bumder With A Buffer
I think im gonna upgrade my Elysium setup this year.

Im thinking of ditching the 7990, as much as I like it the whine is now pissing me off. The Crossfire is a bit buggy in it as well..Pretty much all the games I play lately like Skyrim, COD, Sniper Elite, Hitman dont like the Crossfire being on and I have to disable it. Il maybe go for something else so any recommendations?

Thinking of also upgrading to a 420mm RAD in the "roof" with 140mm fans as well...at the minute I have the fans mounted to the bottom of the rad inside the case..which is not "ideal" as im pulling slightly warmer case air through that top rad. Although I am using the rear fan as an intake to supply cool air to that rad (also another fan in the front pulling air in over the HDD/SSD drives which also puts cool air to that rad). Temps are fine mind, never go over 45 degrees (GPU temp) at the minute on medium fan settings on the fan controller.

Last edited: