ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Decent!

Cant wait to see you put it together, what bits you still got to get?
I’m not looking forward to putting it together. I know nothing about PCs and the only knowledge I’ve gained is from asking questions on here and asking 2 mates. Plus many hours of YouTube LOL. Just the processor left I believe, I am leaning towards the ryzen 7 3700x for no other reason other than YouTube saying it’s good for gaming.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Corsair RGB can be a pain in the ass in terms of controlling more than 3 fan’s speed and colours. I really wanted to use Corsair when I was building mine, but their nonsense put me off.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I’m not looking forward to putting it together. I know nothing about PCs and the only knowledge I’ve gained is from asking questions on here and asking 2 mates. Plus many hours of YouTube LOL. Just the processor left I believe, I am leaning towards the ryzen 7 3700x for no other reason other than YouTube saying it’s good for gaming.
Only thing I know about PC builds from the internet is that toothpaste is not a suitable alternative to thermal paste, HTH.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Price/performance for gaming you can't go wrong with the 3600. However I'd wait a couple of weeks and pick up the 5600.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
AMD said $999, even at £900 its still a decent deal tbf
Yeah - hopefully it will be a good deal. I would have preferred to have seen the 6900XT benchmarks without the RAGE Mode and SAM activated though to see how it stacks up against the nVidia 3090. It won't be quite so good a deal if you have to factor in the cost of a new Ryzen CPU, mobo and RAM on top of the cost of the GPU! The benchmarks should hopefully roll in pretty soon as cards are being prepped for sending out and testing. (y)

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah - hopefully it will be a good deal. I would have preferred to have seen the 6900XT benchmarks without the RAGE Mode and SAM activated though to see how it stacks up against the nVidia 3090. It won't be quite so good a deal if you have to factor in the cost of a new Ryzen CPU, mobo and RAM on top of the cost of the GPU! The benchmarks should hopefully roll in pretty soon as cards are being prepped for sending out and testing. (y)
True, but everyone loves a bit of PCMR 😂

I'm still sat here with a Ryzen 5 2600 and my dick in my hand ffs, I could only dream of 5000 and 6000 series tackle 😂

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I know it's going to be a lottery, but i am hoping to get hold of a Ryzen 7 5800x for my lad on the 5th Nov, anyone got any idea if they will be available to pre-order before that? or where would be the most likely to have stock on the 5th? i would normally wait, but it's for his bday next month.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Overclockers might give you a pre order option or a due date.
Spoke to them yesterday, they couldn't say either way, spoke to Scan and they just said they will be available to order online at 2pm on the 5th, so will just have to be ready.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
512EAA3D-B537-49B0-B68B-246B028D5775.jpeg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
When am I buying a what?

A separate drive for your Windows installation. You don't want everything on one drive because if you have to reinstall windows (which is more often than you think) you'll lose everything else with it....

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
@Moonshot This is what you want for the OS.

Not sure why they’re winding you up.

You don’t need a separate drive for your OS, and if you want one (it’s a bit of an old school thing that’s out dated these days) then you can just partition a larger drive.
🙈 I did end up buying the above SSD

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
I see it's yet another dismal pre order failure. Didn't even bother for a 3070! Will look in the new year

I got the founders edition in my basket on the scan website just checked when trying to checkout so gave up.

On eBay for double within minutes with Scan invoices 😂

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
All my stuffs on the one drive. I'm careful what webpages I go on now though so no reinstalling Windows every week like in the XP days (y)

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
All my stuffs on the one drive. I'm careful what webpages I go on now though so no reinstalling Windows every week like in the XP days (y)

Scratch that, I lied. All my pictures/music/docs are on external drives.

Only the one SSD in the PC with Windows/games/programs on though.