ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
If anyone has an old graphics card/CPU to sell then do it NOW!

I bought a 5600 XT from @Ph1 Tom for £240 posted in October which was about £270 new at the time... They're now over £400 for a new one and £330 for a 2nd hand one on eBay. What the actual f**k 😂

Been trying to pick up a cheap 5600 & 5700 for ages. 😂 only reasonably priced ones are on Facebook market place and are miles away from me :cry:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My gpu usage has suddenly shot down to 50-65% on warzone. Game looks like utter turd. I quit the game, and installed latest gpu driver. Restarted pc and it’s still the same. Any ideas? Haven’t changed anything. Gpu temp at 60.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
My gpu usage has suddenly shot down to 50-65% on warzone. Game looks like utter turd. I quit the game, and installed latest gpu driver. Restarted pc and it’s still the same. Any ideas? Haven’t changed anything. Gpu temp at 60.
Try downloading one of the older drivers from the Nvidia website. I was using one from August until recently, it wouldn't work with any of the newer ones.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Try downloading one of the older drivers from the Nvidia website. I was using one from August until recently, it wouldn't work with any of the newer ones.
Go back 2 drivers then? Odd as it was fine and all of a sudden just dropped, even though I hadn’t updated or changed anything. Then when I did update the driver, it was still poor.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
It could be a combination of the driver and the game update. Just try a couple until you find one that works.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Mine does that too. Just get in the habit of checking when you start the game.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
You can set a config file to read only and it stops it from doing it. But then you have to change the file properties every time you want to change any settings.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
You can set a config file to read only and it stops it from doing it. But then you have to change the file properties every time you want to change any settings.
bcf.png

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Someone I know is looking for a gaming monitor for his PS5. Any recommendations? I’m guessing he wants 4K

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Someone I know is looking for a gaming monitor for his PS5. Any recommendations? I’m guessing he wants 4K

Not sure if there's any 4k high refresh monitors available yet if that's what they're aiming for.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Wait until there's more on the market with HDMI 2.1
Otherwise you can have high refresh OR 4K but not both (unless he doesn't mind >40'')

Got the 3070 installed and I'm getting 4 short beeps on startup. Thought I'd broken something but just found this

Anyone know anything about this?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Got the 3070 installed and I'm getting 4 short beeps on startup. Thought I'd broken something but just found this

Anyone know anything about this?
I get something similar with my 3060ti on a gigabyte board

Have you got it installed with the latest drivers etc?

I just get the normal beep now everything's installed and the bios has been saved

I'll need to have a look at the bios. I was having a nightmare getting games to not crash after a few minutes. I think it was the nvidia settings. I turned off the 3D mode and set it to prioritise performance rather than power usage and that seems to have fixed it.

Been messing with GTA settings and I'm now getting a solid 60fps playing at 4K. It's silky smooth now and there is no tearing because I can turn V sync on without losing fps. That's with most settings on high and textures on very high. Looks and feels amazing 👌
The reflections, lighting, shadows and light flares look incredible now

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was supposed to arrive start of December and still not here sadly :( it better not be much longer!