ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Purple Passion Wagon (Swedebus)

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I've been looking for a nice comfy car for a short while, as the Clio is no longer practical. It's loud, it's noisey, it's uncomfortable.

So, I set about looking for a bit of a barge, something to waft around in, and to become the workhorse to enable me to retire the Ph1 as a track only car (and maybe a few summer time blasts).

After searching the usual suspects, AT and PH etc for the best part of a month, and after viewing a B6 Passat in 1.9 PD TDi guise and a 2.0D S40 Sport, I came across this:

image.jpg

And as of Saturday I became a Volvo owner, or an old man as some people call them.

It's a 2004 2.0D Volvo V50 SE in Blackcurrent Pearl.

Specs?

2.0D Euro 3 engine - no DPF
136BHP 320Nm

Grey/Cream leather, heated seats, dual zone climate control, cruise control, Premium Sound Audio System, rear park assist, auto dim rear view mirror and wing mirrors, electric folding wing mirrors.

Only have pictures from the advert at the moment, but here they are!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My plans for the Swedebus are to give it a good detail, and get the swirls out of the paintwork, I love the colour and I think it's gunna look even better when it's polished and waxed.

Going to replace all the fluids and filters in a few months time.

Other than that, the car is going to remain pretty much standard, although I'd love to either fit the R Design skirts, splitters and spoiler or fit the face lifted bumpers (2008 >).

Hopefully this wagon will get me around in comfort, and more importantly, it'll take the strain of the Clio... so I can thrash it on track instead!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Beautiful. I love these cars and was going to get one but wanted a phase lift which I couldn't get with my budget at the time.
Although I've since read a thread on DW where a guy face lifted his for £300 or something.
The styling of them is really nice, my father in law has one and its a really nice place to be.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Although I've since read a thread on DW where a guy face lifted his for £300 or something.
The styling of them is really nice, my father in law has one and its a really nice place to be.

Yeah, that's where I got the face lift bumper idea from.

The same guy done a detailed thread about it on the Volvo Owners Forum, and for £300 it's a great way to update the car.

The cabin is a really lovely place to be, especially coming from a stripped out, track ready Clio!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I think these are great. We had a silver one in a few weeks back on an 06, sold in quick time.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Love a bit of volvo, nice colour
I went with the v50 2.0D 136 Bhp

Tuning box, egr blank and the focus St intercooler ( direct fit btw ) it's rather swift for a barge

Was looking at a Shark remap, takes it up to 175BHP/400Nm.

Unsure about the EGR blanking though, seems to throw up ECU problems and sends the car into limp mode, although that could be mapped out. But then you run the risk of not passing emissions testing for MOT.

Think I'll stick to just cleaning the EGR for now.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks great, lovely colour. Be a great daily I imagine. Buying a daily is the best thing i've done!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Was looking at a Shark remap, takes it up to 175BHP/400Nm.

Unsure about the EGR blanking though, seems to throw up ECU problems and sends the car into limp mode, although that could be mapped out. But then you run the risk of not passing emissions testing for MOT.

Think I'll stick to just cleaning the EGR for now.

Shark gets my vote, they tuned my S40.