ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Russian goes German

Inferno 225 cup
Well the Megane has gone.

Hated seeing it drive away :( such a great car from the 1st day of ownership with a few little niggles thrown in.

Because it all happened so quick I really didn't know what I wanted, well i did, I wanted Dans 525i touring, it looked lovely perfect for me but the wife thought it would be too big for her?!?

I was looking at x3, x5's, a4 avants, s4's you name it I searched it.

Then I had a drive in my mate 535d msport and properly liked it, love the smoothness, the power and the sheer laziness.

With that in mind and luck so have it, a German fella off here sent me a few pics of a 54plate 99,000 miles 530d msport he had just got in.

Day later and b*****d of a drive down to see him (due to traffic) I'm now the owner of this.

M
048eb37b95423b8805faf718328ef1b2.jpg

e3a83f27fda836e02de31c0808a51935.jpg

f08885bbf61c220f3beeda91358d9121.jpg

700d80ca45d1dd7efda791b768f2dc7a.jpg

530d msport
Carbon black
Full service history
New disc pads
All services are in check an not needed in a while.
Auto
I drive & satnav
Full heated leather
Parking sensors.
Swirl flaps removed
I've just washed it myself and inspected a few areas.

For me, it needs the following.
Front end re-spray.
Wheels refurbing.
A big session with a detailer to remove some swirling and bring back the pop.
New drivers side arch liner and undertray.
New bulbs to bright white instead of the dullish yellow.
Dpf removed
Decat
Mapping.

Also @Scutch is it possible to fit m3 calipers to these?

Other than that it's a proper lovely quick car that's big enough for my needs and fast enough.

So yeah that's where I'm at [emoji16]

Sorry to disappoint a few....

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Love it, I can't believe how old these are! What a rep/drug dealer/trophy wife spec private plate on that and nobody would know!

That looks so comfy and well species but I am disappoint that it's not a race tourer.

Thinks 5 series is too big so buys a bigger 5 series....

Gotcha.

This confused me too.

Inferno 225 cup
Love it, I can't believe how old these are! What a rep/drug dealer/trophy wife spec private plate on that and nobody would know!

That looks so comfy and well species but I am disappoint that it's not a race tourer.

This confused me too.

All my money is in or going in the new house so I'm gonna have to wait for an m5 touring :(

They are old but for me it's the best shape and still looks fairly modern/ish.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
All my money is in or going in the new house so I'm gonna have to wait for an m5 touring 😧

They are old but for me it's the best shape and still looks fairly modern/ish.

I didn't mean an m5 sorry, but that's not a bad shout. I'd wait till you have shares in a petrol station before buying one of those though lol.

Yeah that's what I was getting at, if you didn't point the Reg out, I'd never have guessed the age.

Inferno 225 cup
I didn't mean an m5 sorry, but that's not a bad shout. I'd wait till you have shares in a petrol station before buying one of those though lol.

Yeah that's what I was getting at, if you didn't point the Reg out, I'd never have guessed the age.

Fuel real doesn't bother me, I'm pushing myself to go to work on my bike once we've moved in and i cycle a lot now so you never know, few years time [emoji52]

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

I absolutely love mine. My journey to work has gone from bone rattler to a comfy armchair.

It's got a few little niggles but they'll be sorted soon enough.

Inferno 225 cup
I absolutely love mine. My journey to work has gone from bone rattler to a comfy armchair.

It's got a few little niggles but they'll be sorted soon enough.

Great stuff, it looks lovely.

I'm not going to lie moving to a bmw scares me a little.

Unknown territory [emoji16]

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have you tried to sell one? They're like the black plague lol. BIG mistake..
We only sell current shape used M5's. As soon as a new model comes out, we won't stock the older ones.
They sell well but when getting prepped, BMW give us such strict prep conditions that our workshop writes them off! Lol

Inferno 225 cup
We only sell current shape used M5's. As soon as a new model comes out, we won't stock the older ones.
They sell well but when getting prepped, BMW give us such strict prep conditions that our workshop writes them off! Lol

Must be bit of work in them then?

Can you get parts for bmw's Dan? Or at least prices. If possible?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tbf, this is the best shape 5 series.
And you have the best wheels.
And to me, the best colour.

Win. Win win.
Agreed on all that. The 535d I drive in this spec on an off is a cracking car. If it guaranteed reliability then it's all the car you'd need as a family! They still look so good, loved the M5 in that shape, classy.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Must be bit of work in them then?

Can you get parts for bmw's Dan? Or at least prices. If possible?
I can mate but in all honesty, I don't have enough time to post them. My only day off is a Sunday so I can't ever make it to the post office.

I've done it for a few people on here before but I say I'll post it on Monday and it ends up getting posted 10 days later! Lol

Inferno 225 cup
I can mate but in all honesty, I don't have enough time to post them. My only day off is a Sunday so I can't ever make it to the post office.

I've done it for a few people on here before but I say I'll post it on Monday and it ends up getting posted 10 days later! Lol
That's fair enough mate, I finish work at 2 and still struggle posting stuff :(

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

How's my invoice getting on?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
At least you'll fit in on Broadmeadows now! I used to stick out like a sore thumb in the R27